anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    Glad you had some great trips this summer. There's lots more to BC than the Okanogan, beside too many tourists there anyways.
    I agree Sandy....next year I hope to explore northern BC
    No signature

Comment

When I can't see 3 houses down the street for two months straight, I'm not hopping on the bike and breathing that stuff. I travel all over this province regularly, lots of scorched forest that was preventable.
      Attached Files
      1986 1150EF
      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Wow, that smoke looks brutal.

I was out last night and stopped at a spot that's kind of swampy and scary in the dark but of course my phone wouldn't take a picture that showed that. So I stopped there today and took a pic to show what it looks like. This spot is actually the beginning of a creek that wanders around a whole bunch of western New York and eventually empties into the Niagara river a few miles before Niagara Falls.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Just got back from an overnight stay with mrs. eli and our daughter at a lakeside place on Oneida Lake in central NY. I rode the bike on the NY Thruway (rt. 90) cuz there's really no way to go east across NY that isn't all towns (cuz the Finger Lakes basically block you) and to get there and back fast.

The thruway follows the general path of the Erie canal from Albany to Buffalo so there are always signs and such that mention the canal along the way. It's kind of a local history thing. Soooo, I got this song, which we learned in grade school, stuck in my dang head for a good portion of the ride. Bruce Springsteen also does a version of the song I think.

No pics of the ride but here's one from a while back at a spot not far from home where the road goes under the canal.

Last edited by Eli69; 09-02-2021, 07:56 AM. Reason: it's Oneida lake not oneonta

Comment

Went for early morning ride.
            THe low 60s was nice compared to all the near 90 and high humidity of recent days.
            Went out of town a ways and the down to the beach/pier.

Hadn't got a pic of this bike at this place yet.
            Just walked bike back down the walkway, got quick pic, then rode to the parking area. All before any walkers or Ranger Smith came along.
            Last edited by Redman; 08-30-2021, 09:42 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

THis afternoon, had a couple errands to do including picking up a couple things at the store.
              Wife wanted me to take back three bags of returnable cans, so I put on the tail trunk.
              On way out the door I also grabbed the shopping list (yes, in the world I live in, that is a piece of paper), thought I might get just a couple of those items too.
              Went and did a couple errands, and went for a little ride.
              THen went to grocery store, was getting the couple items and the stuff on the list.
              After checking out, on way out the store, thinking of where I parked . . . . oh, where parked the bike...
              .... the bike....
              oh, lets see, I got 5 bags of stuff here

Good thing I had the trunk on.
              GOt most of 3 bags in the trunk. One bag in one sidecase, one bag in other sidecase along with some lose items that didnt fit in trunk. No Problem.
              Last edited by Redman; 08-30-2021, 09:45 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You just have to be careful how you pack your eggs amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                  You just have to be careful how you pack your eggs amirite?
                  I was more concerned about loaf of bread and pack of burger buns, yahknow.

Comment

A friend closed his motorcycle repair shop today after 17 years in business. It was a co-op business....it was successful and he wants to travel.
                    On the weekend they had a party and this was a video they did...if you look closely at around 33 seconds you will catch me sitting on a Harley...lol...my buddy's Pan America

No signature

Comment

Good that your friend got to do what he wants but too bad he had to close the shop.
                      I like the idea of newbie mechanics having a place to get some hands-on "guidance".
                      A couple years ago a small co-op shop opened near me but it turned into a hangout instead of fix-it and the neighbours started complaining about noise and numbers.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

http://Suzuki GS1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just a short on the GS.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Ooooh, nice shine and reflection on the tank.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It's not perfect but it's in good shape for $500.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Utility Trailer Info

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                I have a very tentative plan for Glen and I to come to this rally. A few things have to happen. Glen and I both agreed that the distance is not something we want to do on our GSes. It’s a 10 hour drive for me, and Glen is a few hours east of me. We talked about Glen riding his bike to my place, and loading mine and his on a trailer. Our Subaru has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs. I could probably push that a little. Our bikes combined probably weigh 1000 lbs.+.

hurdles:

I don’t own a trailer yet, so need to find one that’s very light, and that can fit 2 bikes. Have to buy the trailer. I also will want the trailer to haul kayaks on a rack when not hauling bikes, also use as a utility trailer for various things when it’s not hauling fun stuff. This may be an impossible dream, I haven’t done any serious shopping for such a trailer.
                                I've been looking at Utility Trailers for giggles and grins...since we have home projects that have priority, I have a wish list going.

Anyway, my son-in-laws have recently went on a camping trip to Trap Pond and did some canoeing (rented) and we happen to have a discussion about it...so...off I did my google searching.

I am interested in the 5' X 8' utility trailer that is $929 at Lowe's to replace the Harbor Freight collapsible that I bought for less than $300 in 2013.

What you're looking for is what I'm guessing to be a 5' X 10' to haul both your bikes which ups the price to $1248.

Shop Carry-On Trailer 5-ft x 10-ft Steel Mesh Utility Trailer with Ramp Gate (1600-lb Capacity) in the Utility Trailers department at Lowe's.com. A utility trailer can be incredibly useful for a wide range of tasks. Whether you're moving furniture, transporting landscaping materials, hauling equipment

And you mentioned kayak hauling which requires a top-tier addition:

Ed's projected expense: $929 + $287.99 = $1216.99
                                Rich's suggested expense: $1248 + $287.99 = $1535.99

My wife would say to save for it...I would put the Trailer on my Lowe's card and pay it off in two months and buy the top-tier with my credit card and pay it off when the bill arrived.

Of course, this is just a suggested purchase plus I've done some of the research to get you ideas about how much you want to budget for. I prefer new as opposed to searching for used in this instance. $1200 for me is a good investment to do outdoor activities at this stage in my life.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X