anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Trevor.

So my step-son got smart and decided to move back home while I teach him to drive. After dropping him and his car off at the house this weekend, Charmayne gave me a lift back to her place last night. Then, about 1030 this morning, I pushed the Bandit out of their shed and made my way home. Of course there was no possible way I intended to take the slab all the way home despite it being a very direct 125 miles door to door. Nope, 291 fantastic miles through southern Ohio (should have gone around the block a time or two I think) and I made it home a little over 8 hours later. Spent too much time soaking up the miles to do much picture taking but did come across this great looking bridge:

Otway Bridge with Bandit by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Otway Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Yes, I even rode across it. Of course, a couple of young guys in an old Chevy Chevette (yes, you read that right and my jaw dropped when i saw it) rode through there too before me revving the engine fairly often to make themselves deaf
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Haven't seen a Chevette in decades.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Great weather yesterday for a 180 mile ride, just as much road as trail. Things got a bit rough on one of the goat paths my GPS called a road. The first pic shows the start of this path, all fairly steep down-hill. Would have been near impossible to turn around and go back up. A couple in a big lifted RAM pickup were coming up the hill. I flagged them down and asked about the condition of the "road" the rest of the way down. Guy said, "Oh, it gets much worse". It did. I took my time, picked my lines carefully, scraped exhaust on a few big rocks. But I made it out to better roads. It was worth it, for the 2 new vistas I had never been to before. Got a bit lost in the process, but eventually made it home. The Shinko 705's handle the trail quite well, but my suspension sure isn't great for rock hopping. Might be time to look into a more ADVenturous bike.

Rocky Road

Vista #1

Vista #2
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-01-2021, 08:19 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Gorgeous Rich!!!

Looks like an awesome day, you really live in some fantastic riding country!

Mind putting me up again anytime soon?

Unfortunately my big rides are all dissolved officially... I'm actually looking at doing a camping trip for a night or two near you... World's End state park!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Anytime, Justin. World's End is very nice, I know you went by there when you were here.

Area I was in yesterday, where I found those vistas, was near Poe Valley State Park: https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/F...s/default.aspx
            Poe Valley has a beautiful small lake, and camping.

and Poe Paddy Park: https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/F...s/default.aspx
            People come from all over the world for the trout fishing on Penn's Creek. I've camped here with my Boy Scouts.

Both parks are close to each other. Rode through both yesterday, After finding the restaurant/bar I mentioned earlier. The Wilderness. http://www.nlvwildernesslodge.com/
            Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-01-2021, 08:21 AM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Great pictures Rich. It sounds like a "adventurous" ride on a street bike! 👍

After a all day rain event on Saturday, the weather report looked promising for Sunday. "52° warming to 64° with sun" nope never happened! I headed out to the Cycle Gear store over by Pittsburgh. I wanted to try on a couple of jackets to see what size fits best. Still only 55° now wishing I wore my cold weather jacket. On my way home I stopped at my favorite wing joint. Warming up a bit with their Buffalo Bourbon Hot Wings (not necessarily in that order) After 240 miles I made it home. I took a long hot shower just to get my core temperature above freezing!
              Yesterday, Monday the weather was just gorgeous 70° with brilliant sunshine! A perfect riding day. I did the southern Ohio loop.
              This week, warmer with chance of showers. Perfect, I have to get the motorcycle ready for the rally next week. (Tires, oils changed...)
              Attached Files
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Rich, my cousin took us to Worlds End several years ago. Definitely a cool spot. I think I have a pic of it in my yearly trip to PA thread.
                Sadly, yearly has become sporadic.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well then, I fully expect a visit and hopefully a ride-along next time you’re through central PA.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I definitely need to get out there. I have family near ish to Wellsboro in the Pine Creek Valley, and a close friend moved to Berwick a few years ago who I have yet to visit.

Covid, trips to DC, and doctor appointments have already gobbled up a lot of my vacation time this year.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

My biggest riding weekend yet: 435 miles round trip (I’m no Jedz, but starting to go longer distances) to meet up and camp with Lyle (Eli69), his son and a few of his friends. After I finally found their non-descript campsite along the Tionesta Creek off Rt. 666 in the Allegheny National Forest of NW PA, we went for a nice little ride on some sandy, muddy mountain roads. Then went back to camp, relaxed over some frosty beverages and watched the Creek flow by, and BS’d with the boys till dark. Up early this AM to pack up for the long(for me) ride home. Had beautiful, hot weather all weekend. Temps hit 95 as I was nearing home. Ugh, back to work tomorrow. Thanks for a great weekend, Lyle!

Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Nice description of your weekend, Rich. Yes, it's quite hot in the TriState area this weekend!

Great pics...and you're well-packed for camping. Oh boy, a camping trip! (Got that from another forum years ago where camping trips were described as revealing experiences..lol)

Your "T" looks great too! Gonna put some knobby tires on it for those camping trips? (Geeze...I can't stop saying those two words...lol)

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks Ed. I’m no newbie to camping. Been a Boy Scout/ now leader for a long time. So my camping gear is tested. But packing it on the bike was a new experience for sure. Things went well, nothing fell off, except after I unloaded the big bag, we went for a ride, I had my travel coffee mug in a pouch on the side of the small black bag. I didn’t know Lyle was gonna lead me on a hare scramble. Second mug I lost the same way inside of a week.
                          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-06-2021, 03:48 PM.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Awesome. Looks like a great getaway.

I have to admit I’m missing pictures of Lyles “The Ugly” bike.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Rich,I enjoy seeing those scenes,camping on the trail/woods like that;you don't have to worry about trucks,etc. waking you up all the time.

Comment

Rode over to the Apple Store around noon to replace the battery in my phone then went to find a waterfall near Vandalia (northern edge of Dayton). The path to the falls runs along some very nice houses but is open to the public and definitely not designed to wear motorcycle boots on. I ultimately had to scoot along the side of a very small dirt ledge to get any pictures without the underbrush but the lighting was pretty rough. I'll need to go back one day later in the evening with proper boots.

Sunderland Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Upper Sunderland Falls Full Height by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Lower Sunderland Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X