anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    I too, stumbled onto this event, I think I saw it in one of the various MC facebook groups. I had fun at the IMS show in PA a few weeks back. Don't know what the attendance was for the whole weekend but it was pretty busy on the Saturday. I wrote about it.
    https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-PA&highlight=
    That's a good writeup. Thanks for posting it. Not sure how I missed it first time around. Also, I now have another YouTube subscription...thanks!

It's funny how you can lust after a bike a long time, then ride it, and in the first few minutes reality replaces fantasy and kills the dream. The first Versys 650 was like that for me. Wanted it bad. Test rode one. Hated it. That ended that. Even riding the Tracer GT, which I want badly, was a bit of let down in some ways. As I'm riding along I'm thinking...lots of buffeting, need a different screen, my left heal is bumping against the center stand...very distracting. This gage cluster is weird and angled wrong with too much information in too small a font. But, the actual riding was wonderful...so maybe I can forgive it its quibbles.
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I must have a really sheltered life. I live 10 mi. from this place & knew nothing about it till Greg's post...Guess I need to get out more.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Went out yesterday for a completely random bike n hike. One of my stops was at what is called Little Rock City State Forest. Here's why:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
          I must have a really sheltered life. I live 10 mi. from this place & knew nothing about it till Greg's post...Guess I need to get out more.
          I hope it happens again next year. If so, I'll see if we can get a group to go together. Maybe meet somewhere for breakfast and all ride over or something. I hope this event really takes off. I'd love to have a vibrant IMS show in Nashville every year. It's one of the few things I miss about living in Chicago.

Although, to be fair, the Chicago IMS was always in February. In the snow. So we didn't get to ride to it, and there were no test rides. Just a big convention center full of bikes to sit on and gear vendor to look at. But, It was still the highlight of the long, cold, dark, bleak, soul-deadening winter that lasted forever and sapped your very will to live.
          Last edited by gbw; 10-11-2021, 12:01 PM.
          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Just finished taking the 550 out to get a picture for the Pic of the Week game and while waiting on lacquer to dry. First time in over 5 months it has been out and felt just as good as Saturday evening's ride on the Bandit. Have some family responsibilities this afternoon otherwise I'd run back out again today.
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Took the GS out today, also for the "Pic of the week" game....

Look, our new hometown, Knoxville, TN.

And a little break, up on the ridge.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                That's a good writeup. Thanks for posting it. Not sure how I missed it first time around. Also, I now have another YouTube subscription...thanks!

It's funny how you can lust after a bike a long time, then ride it, and in the first few minutes reality replaces fantasy and kills the dream. The first Versys 650 was like that for me. Wanted it bad. Test rode one. Hated it. That ended that. Even riding the Tracer GT, which I want badly, was a bit of let down in some ways. As I'm riding along I'm thinking...lots of buffeting, need a different screen, my left heal is bumping against the center stand...very distracting. This gage cluster is weird and angled wrong with too much information in too small a font. But, the actual riding was wonderful...so maybe I can forgive it its quibbles.
                Come on Greg..........we've been waiting for you over on the dark side........there's a Tracer somewhere with your name on it! You know you want it!
                Ron
                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                1982 GS1100E
                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Took the GS out today, also for the "Pic of the week" game....

Look, our new hometown, Knoxville, TN.

Looks like a great ride!

Well I finally got my son on the bike and took him to Hot Dog Johnnie's today, our yearly pilgrimage (which didn't happen last year pretty much because of covid). He had a great time so mission accomplished. Boy he put on weight over the past year, thankfully he's going back down now. Almost none of his old stuff fit him, I had to dig out a huge leather jacket and lucky THAT fit... bought him some ginormous Dickies work type pants to wear. His head also got bigger and it's not just his cheeks I think his frame actually grew a tad. So I need to unload a worn once Incredible Hulk HJC and find something else for him. He wore one of my helmets, I have a big head. I hope he can wear his old jackets again soon.

I was a little concerned for my rear springs but we didn't bottom out and I took it easy peasy. Short rides for the rest of the year until he sheds some more weight.
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    T..

Good that you got out on the GS.

Nice photo pose. And can see down the road.
                    Makes me think of times I stop just to look around (often at a creek).
                    And makes me wonder what are looking at, I will assume the previous picture.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                      . . . .
                      Well I finally got my son on the bike ................
                      .........................He had a great time so mission accomplished. .... ....
                      Hey! Good!
                      And good that he enjoyed it.

YAh, I think I recall you posting about it being difficult, but getting him out on bike a couple years ago.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Fall is here. But still a few bikes tootling around after the rainfall day 2 0ct13-2021.jpg

Comment

Afternoon ride. 60degF and sunny after a few days of rain-wind-overcast.
                          Went about 15 miles out of town. Saw more bikes out today than in a couple weeks.
                          Kinda the start of fall color.

Comment

You have a really beautiful ride, I like the chrome and black combination on it.

Comment

Didn’t really get the fall pictures I was looking for on today’s adventure. Attempted to dodge the rain drops. Wasn’t successful at that either.

Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

A couple of months ago I noticed a new well pump on the corner of a back road. Historically, there may have been one there many years ago, but certainly not in recent times, so I was suprised to see that someone (or the local authority) had gone to the trouble of re-instating one. I didn't actually try it out, as the bike was leaning on some fine gravel that was slowly giving way, so I took the shot and hopped aboard before it went over.

Next time I'm passing, I'll have a closer look, as it might only be a reproduction / fake pump. Many of these backroad pumps were stolen years ago and found their way over to various other parts of the world as rustic souveniers.
                                Last edited by Grimly; 10-18-2021, 02:42 PM.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X