No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm. The conspiracy sounds more interesting then the ride.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Hmmmm. The conspiracy sounds more interesting then the ride.
      The conspiracy IS interesting, but the ride is gorgeous. Red Mountain dominates it, but so do several sprawling valleys and a winding mostly dry river bed. Reservations can be utterly beautiful.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Definitely sounds epic.... but the conspiracy.. having two boys who are polar opposite regarding learning and taking in information I’m curious.

A topic for a different thread though. Enjoy the day sir.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Went on an all beemer ADV camping weekend w/ my kid and a couple of his buddies. Since I got the R1150GS I've been trying to get the dirt riding thing figured out. I pretty much never rode dirt bikes so it's new to me. I'm getting much better. Didn't tip over at all and we did some gnarly stuff.

Susquehannock State Forest in PA. Sort of near our GSR friend Rich82GS750TZ's neighbourhood.

This pic is right after I made the water crossing that I failed at last spring. YAY!!! So here's the funny thing, I stopped for a moment before crossing to ponder how cold the water would be if I fell in. Put the bike in neutral and rested a moment. Decided to go for it. Headed down the hill and got to the middle of the creek and stopped dead. Had forgotten to put it in gear. Very wet feet but got through.

Here's our camping spot. It was on top of a hill surrounded by miles of forest roads. Rain was on and off.

The kids are pretty resourceful. This is how we cooked sausages. Tent stakes.

And finally a salute to our comrades in China for dutifully producing the Old Guy Camping Chair. 20 bucks at walmart and fits neatly into bike luggage with plenty of room for booze. Everyone had one of them.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Eli, You're making me regret not joining you, almost. I don't relish camping or riding in the wet. But looks like you made the best of it. My GS probably would not have made that water crossing. I also passed on an opportunity for a free ticket 17th row, 50 yd line at the Penn State Game. Also glad I didn't do that. Rainy, cold, And the Nittany Lions lost in the 9th Overtime! Had a nice meal out w/the wife and caught the new James Bond Film. Now I really want a new Triumph Scrambler 1200.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Eli, I take my hat off to you. I look at your pictures and realize what a puss I am! It does look like quite the adventure and I'm sure you had a great time. 👍
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Some great ride stories and pics in here.

I'm kind of surprised at the fall colors from a bunch of you down in those thar states. I had this idea you all would be green until later but I guess those cold north winds are blowing all over now.

Grimly: I love the purposeful look of your GS. That looks like a machine ready for some good riding. Curious now about that pump....

Larry: Good story and pictures.

Eli: Also good story and some good looking BMW hardware. The other GSs I suppose? Ha. I do enjoy the looks and reliability of Japanese bikes but it's real hard to kill a BMW.
                "So I'm gonna write my words on the face of today. And then they'll paint it"

2008 Honda CRF230L - Sold
                2004 Honda CB600F Hornet - Sold
                2015 Suzuki Vstrom DL650XT
                1979 Suzuki GS850GN
                2018 Honda Grom 125

Comment

50degF and sunny today after days of rain and overcast and windy.
                  So, I figured I made enough progress on other things (weither or not actually had) and went for a ride.

Stopped by this tree

And stopped by this bayou/marsh in a park.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I think you sent the rain here, Mr. Redman. Hope that sun comes this way too. I'm not ready to put any bikes away yet dernit.

And Rich - I googled that Scrambler.. Yes, you need that.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Took the '78 out for a nice brisk ride. Low 40's but it was gorgeous.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Beauty pics everyone. You definitely are getting the fall color show as well!

Jedz: I notice the Honda Monkey listed in your signature. I wants one bad. They recently announced the 2022 model will be showing up in Canada but so far only in red. I'll have to find out what the chances are of getting the yellow one I want

1979 Suzuki GS850GN
                        2018 Honda Grom 125

Comment

Nothing wrong with Red!
                          I'm currently doing a series on Jedz Moto of my sidecar build. Goals of doing what Eli does but off the monkey. Also goals to ride all winter long... We will see though, I think a CBR300 swap might be in the cards...

The new 2022's have the 5 speed.
                          I run a 186cc kit in mine now and it's quicker and faster than my TU250X could ever be...

28' F and bundled up for a brisk ride in.

Cheers
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Huh! Curious how it'll work snow-wise with the single driving wheel on one corner ...and, small wheels ...Don't small wheels have more difficulty surmounting bumps and holes? THINKING about it in my armchair it seems problematic but hey- great! We're going to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                              Huh! Curious how it'll work snow-wise with the single driving wheel on one corner ...and, small wheels ...Don't small wheels have more difficulty surmounting bumps and holes? THINKING about it in my armchair it seems problematic but hey- great! We're going to see it!
                              Narrower the tires the better for cutting into snow. With the MC profile on all 3 corners it might cut in better. Suspension travel and clearance isn't much of an issue for the Monkey, it's quite capable off road so just on back roads and paved roads it should work out ok. But we will see... Not counting chickens before they hatch. I'm willing to bet though it will be allot more manageable than riding the dirt bike with studs, on dry roads that was probably the most sketch thing I've done in the winter.

Cheers,
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Dang Jedz, that video with the sidecar and Monkey in my color really has me drooling now. Then I fell down the rabbit hole looking up other sidecar builds...

1979 Suzuki GS850GN
                                2018 Honda Grom 125

Comment

Working...
                                X