anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
    I went for a short ride to test my rear brake. After bleeding the brakes (in all honesty I have no idea how to do this, and the process resulted in ruining the fresh paint on the caliper, getting brake fluid all over the bike, tyre, myself and the driveway), I had brakes for about 5 kilometers (like 10-15% of what Im used to). Then there were nothing, a somewhat flaccid pedal and no real braking effect.

Then at some random road the bike just stopped. I figured it was the fuse again, but apparently all fuses are okay, but the corrosion on the fuse box made it stop working. Scratched it with a key and road home. Washed it with oxide cleaner and soaked the entire fusebox in dielectric grease.

Now Ill read up on how brake bleeding works. And to strip the front calipers of paint Im just going to leave them in a tub of brake fluid for a week :P
    Don't ya just love working on 39 year old bikes when they are your only mode of transport?... been there done that man. I only wish you the best at resolving your issue quickly so you can keep riding and grabbing those AWESOME shots!!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Over 300 miles today, Rolled 66K miles on the ole' Bonnie, Officially on my way to try to hit 70K miles come September.

Awesome views, new roads (dirt) but it was just a great day...time for Dinner and some beers.
      Best,
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Don't ya just love working on 39 year old bikes when they are your only mode of transport?... been there done that man. I only wish you the best at resolving your issue quickly so you can keep riding and grabbing those AWESOME shots!!!
        Luckily my work provides me with a Mercedes A-class to drive around in, and I can usually borrow bikes there. But the yamahas feels so plasticky and they aren't as fun as my gs. This has been sort of a steep learning experience, I am hoping next season will go smoother (and that I get the to do list done during the winter).

I love the picture with the lake, sooo peaceful. And I love gravel roads.
        GS1000G 1981

Comment

My second encounter with a rattlesnake while riding through Bald Eagle State Forest. Got video this time.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

First Ride

Due to overheating and electrical issues it's been two years since I had Suzie out on the road.
            Today I took a short trip from Fremont via Niles Canyon Road to Livermore and back.
            I stopped at the Sunol train station to snap a pic and continue on.
            It was warm, but Suzie didn't overheat and I think the electrical demons are behind us now.
            Nice ride.

sunol.jpg
            Last edited by 82Suzie; 08-09-2020, 10:33 PM.
            1982 Suzuki GS750E
            1979 Suzuki GS750E
            1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2
            1977 HD CR1000
            1977 Kawasaki KZ400
            1974 Honda CB750

Comment

Congrats, Suzie.
              Good on ya for keeping at it.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sure is a good feeling isn't it Suzie
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Rode for a hundred miles or so on the FJR today. I wanted to test out the grip puppies and see if the heat shields I installed worked. It was in the mid 90's and not too bad considering. I think it's ready for the highway now.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by 82Suzie View Post
                    Due to overheating and electrical issues it's been two years since I had Suzie out on the road.
                    Today I took a short trip from Fremont via Niles Canyon Road to Livermore and back.
                    It was warm, but Suzie didn't overheat and I think the electrical demons are behind us now.
                    Nice ride.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61503[/ATTACH]
                    Awesome. Its been a long while since you stopped by. I realy like that bike.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've been out for the last two nights, but no bike pics, only "high art" photography....
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by 82Suzie View Post
                        Nice ride.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61503[/ATTACH]
                        That pic sure looks familliar, did you post that previously, say 3 or so years ago? I swear I have seen it.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Early morning cruise into work. Back on Campus so I'm bringing my phone with me on my early morning rides. Gorgeous.

Hope Ya'll have a great day!
                          Best,
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Nice pics, Jedz.
                            What a great way to start the day.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              My second encounter with a rattlesnake while riding through Bald Eagle State Forest. Got video this time.

That's a big ole' Nope from me Rich... That was in Pennsylvania???

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Nice pics, Jedz.
                              What a great way to start the day.
                              Thanks Steve! It's been like that everyday the last month basically... It's a great way to start the day for sure!
                              Best,
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                That's a big ole' Nope from me Rich... That was in Pennsylvania???
                                Yes, Bald Eagle state Forest is huge. This was about 20 min from my house. Yeah, I don't mess with them, certainly appreciate them. 2nd one I almost ran over in the same area. This one rattled at me for a bit, then he slithered off the road. And I was on my way.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X