• Show
Clear All

I dig those bikes so much, Eli.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

I Found a couple of roads this morning I had never ridden. Even though it wasn't too far from home, maybe 50 miles or so, it was exciting to explore. This outcropping of rocks between Galisteo and Moriarty caught my eye. It looked to me like the backbone of a giant dragon. Pics don't really show that much, but the satellite image shows a weird straight line of rock.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Beautiful 16 degrees in Steinbach today! Took the old girl out for a rip to my old stomping grounds! Great way to end the riding season!Screenshot_20201108-140837_Gallery.jpg
        Last edited by Mutashio; 11-08-2020, 04:43 PM.
        1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Comment

It's November, was in the 70s today, and I had rare free afternoon to myslef. So I rode. No real plan other then to get home before dark to avoid the 4 legged zombies disguised as deer. I took a similar route that I took last month on that spectacular night ride I wrote about. Unsurprisingly, there were lots of cars and bikes enjoying a warm fall day. I quickly grew tired of it and started taking smaller slower side roads that would parallel Rt 29 and then drop back down to it. Very few cars and nice scenery along the Delaware River and surrounding hills. When I hit Frenchtown, the northernmost town on my last ride, I kept heading north, once again in areas I havent travelled in years. Last I rode to Milford was at least six years ago to meet a since passed riding friend. It was after 4 by the time I rolled into Milford so I had to find a fairly quick way home. I ended up passing thru some nice scenery including the Musconetcong Gorge, a wide valley, on my way to Rt 78. Then I-78 to SR 31 to county roads bach to home. I totaled about 150 miles.... and it was well past dark on my return.

Couple of interesting points...for the fourth time this year I left for a ride with a pretty sore back and returned pain free. An unusual incentive to ride. I was hoping the trend would continue.

More importantly was my frame of mind. Without going into detail, it has been a very stressful year in the Dorkburger household. Nothing Covid related, just life and stresses from within the house along with stresses from outside. Most of my rides this year did little to calm my mind or quell my frustrations, and while riding, questions and frustrations just bounced around in my brain with no resolution or way forward. I often returned home in the same state of mind as when I left.
          Today there was none of it. My mind was calm and quiet. Nearly at peace, and just enjoying an Autumn motorcycle ride. As it should be.

It was a good day.

Pictures were sparse and not a priortiy today.
          Quick stop in Milford . The wall is where the road leads onto the bridge over the Delaware River which is behind the bike.

http://GS in Milford NJ by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Winter in the beginning of the week, ended with what I swear was summer, only clear giveaway was the very low sun in the sky at "high" noon.
            Another +1000 mile week in the books,

Met up with my buddy Brian and his FZ6 for a day ride. It was great riding minus the crazy amount of sand and salt still on the road from Tuesday's snow event.
            I'm working remotely today... A couple of doctors appointments this afternoon, plan to be out riding after 1PM till dusk. Weather is looks good for the rest of the week!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 11-09-2020, 06:13 AM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather this past weekend. I took off work Friday for a mental health day. I eclipsed the 16,000 mile mark for the year. A goal I didn't think I'd reach. I did the southeast Ohio loop, stopping to check out the Ohio river. 👍
              Attached Files
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Excellent! It was just an awesome weekend. Supposed to hit 72' today. To think in 2 days the high will be 42'. I would say I was "calling out sick" but I have been working since 4AM to ensure my work is done for my late morning appointments.

I'll grab a couple hundred miles today, hopefully!

Cheers.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Good stuff you guys.

norm, your seeing the Ohio river made me think that is a big thing that I missed this year. Didn’t see the Ohio river.

Glen, good to hear of the positive day.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I will NOT venture into the countryside during deer season, but I got out to run several errands around the city. Better than nothing, and I got to make some use of the warm weather.

Sorry, a shot of a V-Strom in a Menards or Aldi parking lot isn't all that exciting, so no pics. I also needed to visit Cycle Recycle II downtown for some project bits, so I took the GS850. It only seems proper to ride the vintage bike to the vintage bike shop whenever possible.

The wild-eyed homeless guy with a three foot beard, no shoes, and his very affectionate toothless girlfriend seemed to like it, anyway. Cycle Recycle II is in a really... interesting neighborhood.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Love that 1150 in blue and white.
                      Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                      2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Thanks. Before I bought it, I preferred the red, but the blue is soooooo nice and really pops in the sun.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I sat in the garage on my es making "Vroom Vroom" noises, waiting on the DMV to process my registration. Does that count??!!
                          Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
                          Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

1985 GS1150E 22k miles Work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by GSGENO View Post
                              Just got in from a late fall ride! [ATTACH=CONFIG]61957[/ATTACH]
                              Nice Hindle! Lang is a Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer

No signature

Comment

Yea its about the best pipe i found for what I wanted to pay. I got a bargain price of only 630.00. USD.
                                1985 GS1150E 22k miles Work in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X