No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on ya, Trevor! That's its own kind of healing.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      Always like seeing your posts on the water verge Redman

We certainly have polar opposite weather right now! We had a perfect spring day yesterday for our Saturday morning ride. Lots of fun, very little traffic, and another attendee on his "stock" GSX1100 as well.
      IMG_4327 by starpoint73, on Flickr

Gee, I didn't know "stock" GS1100s had big turbos on them.
      Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
      2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Glad to see you back in the saddle Trevor! I know it was probably a short ride and you're on the mend but what was your initial impression of the GSX-S 1000?
        Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
        2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
          Glad to see you back in the saddle Trevor! I know it was probably a short ride and you're on the mend but what was your initial impression of the GSX-S 1000?
          Thanks...Oh my...I was impressed with the comfort. Not much wind protection...going to work on that. The throttle is super responsive..that will take some getting used to. Took it out on the highway and got into it a bit, took it close to the 11,500 redline in 2nd...yikes...it's fast!
          I'm already looking at getting a Hindle full exhaust with a power commander and a Quick shifter...My bmw has a quick shifter and it's fun. The GSXS is around 147hp but it can be brought up pretty easily another 15-20hp. Trading out the exhaust should bring the curb weight down to about 450ibs...
          No signature

Comment

It gives me hope too. Now it's stupid question time: If the bike was lying on it's side, could you get it upright? I think I could ride now, but I don't think I'll ever be able to pick up a bike again...at least not my 11E.

Congrats on getting back on the horse.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              It gives me hope too. Now it's stupid question time: If the bike was lying on it's side, could you get it upright? I think I could ride now, but I don't think I'll ever be able to pick up a bike again...at least not my 11E.

Congrats on getting back on the horse.
              I don't know if I could...my core strength is good....it's the hip...I did get my cooley back on the centre stand...but I won't try that again...
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Lol...more like AWA (Against Wife's Advice)...doctor didn't say I couldn't ride.
                Bet you didn't ask him either ......smart man. LOL. Great to hear you're back on the horse.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Well I got the monkey off my back yesterday. Took my new bike out for a small ride..a bit difficult to get my leg over and the higher pegs were hard on my hip...and my back was pretty sore....other than that it felt great....lol...
                  And I went back to the 4 way stop that I got smoked at...went through it twice...that felt good too.
                  That's fantastic to hear Trevor! Glad you're back on two wheels already!

That Kerker sure looks the goods too. I've only had the pleasure of hearing one once when a fellow Kat enthusiast came for a bit of a journey a few years ago to join us for a ride, and it did indeed sound quite good.

IMG_4327 by starpoint73, on Flickr

Gee, I didn't know "stock" GS1100s had big turbos on them.
                  Hahaha no, it's also about 1500cc just to add to the fun

One of the other regulars had a swap with him and boy did he have some fun! He opened it up on one straight stretch and left us in his dust no problems at all.
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Congrats Trevor!

Nice pics of both bikes too.

Soooo, give your hips some more healing time before you have to put the bike on center stand. I bet that hurt, ouch!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                      Bet you didn't ask him either ......smart man. LOL. Great to hear you're back on the horse.
                      I asked a lot of questions...but I may have forgot to ask specifically about motorcycle riding. The whole it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission thing..lol...
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        Congrats Trevor!

Nice pics of both bikes too.

Soooo, give your hips some more healing time before you have to put the bike on center stand. I bet that hurt, ouch!

Ed

Thanks Ed...Yeah the centre stand thing was dumb.
                        No signature

Comment

Even as a bag of broken bones, you still ride more than I do...... I should be embarrassed but I'm too busy being impressed with your resilience, Trev!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            Even as a bag of broken bones, you still ride more than I do...... I should be embarrassed but I'm too busy being impressed with your resilience, Trev!
                            Lol...thanks buddy. Come over and take a look at the new bike when you feel like it.
                            No signature

Comment

Jacket on the foot peg! Why didn't I think of that?
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Went for my first 60 mile loop on the used 1150 engine I acquired last fall.

Started out ok, a bit fluffy at 3k rpm's, pulled choke out slightly where it was bogging & it cleaned up.

Then came to a downhill stop sign & it was really stuttering cutting out. Foolishly kept going farther away from home.

Later I was following a truck that stopped abruptly to turn left, back tire locked up on damp road, more front brake, bike completely dies.

No dash lights, discovered dash plug had completely disconnected. Got it plugged back in, neutral light barely illuminated-charging system was the first thought.

Still about 7 miles from home, I roll forward, bump in 2nd, dies. Try again, it lights, pick a route where I can keep moving, make it home.

Check battery voltage 8.60 V. Will see how toasty looking the stator is.

20201125_121351 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X