anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Beautiful, crisp fall mountain ride. Tried out my new $22 ebay windscreen. Love the look, and it's mildly functional, about $22's worth.

Fantastic shot!
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks Roger. Many of us play with our images a bit before posting. I was worried that maybe I tweaked this one a bit too much, but I love the vibrance of the (PA’s) purple mountains majesty, and how the blue in the sky matches my paint. Here’s the original.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

No ride on bike today but did a ride to the desert via cage. Pics are hard to attach from my phone.
        Last edited by alke46; 11-13-2019, 12:22 AM.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Thanks Roger. Many of us play with our images a bit before posting. I was worried that maybe I tweaked this one a bit too much, but I love the vibrance of the (PA’s) purple mountains majesty, and how the blue in the sky matches my paint. Here’s the original.

Either way, it's a great picture.

Sometimes I take a pic and the colors are unusually vibrant without tweaking them. I still don't understand all the setting on the camera whether it's on a phone or digital camera. Just get lucky occasionally I guess.

Here's one from a recent trip with a very colorful sky. No tweaking, phone camera.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

...somehow
            ... just not the same

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Did you really take your car to the lake/river?
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                Did you really take your car to the lake/river?
                well, boat ramp
                22degF then this morning
                Salt truck were out the other day
                more pics here
                This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

somehow, the picture are just not as interesting as they were a few weeks ago
                Last edited by Redman; 11-16-2019, 11:59 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks like I'll be able to get a ride in today or soon. The most dangerous place is my driveway, but I spread salt on it yesterday and it's working well.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

First time in a while we ended up with Katanas only on our regular Saturday morning ride. Got a little warm but had a bunch of fun, and nothing quite like seeing six Katanas lined up on the side of the road...

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Nice shot, Pete.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        First time in a while we ended up with Katanas only on our regular Saturday morning ride. Got a little warm but had a bunch of fun, and nothing quite like seeing six Katanas lined up on the side of the road...

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                        That must be quite a site!
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          That must be quite a site!
                          That must be a lot of Advil!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hahaha cheers guys, there were a few heads turned in our direction along the way

Funnily enough I need to make my 450 be more like the Kat as I no longer feel comfortable on the 450...
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I rode today from Mesa to Tortillo Flat for lunch then up to Globe and back to sister's house. Nice road to Tortillo Flat albeit crowded with cages but I guess that's to be expected on a weekend.
                              After I get back home, I will try to post some pics
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

We just had our toy for tots run this last Sunday. Almost didn't happen. The original organizers dropped the ball big time and cancelled. It didn't set well within the biker community. So a bar owner and event organizer picked it up and saved it. She and her small group of 4, did an amazing job of putting this run together in less than 3 weeks. Estimates are around 500 showed up.DSCN1145.jpg
                                Last edited by mrbill5491; 11-19-2019, 05:02 PM.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X