Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Great looking pair of bikes, Trevor.
    I like the lower bars on that Honda. Might be CB400F bars?
    Thanks, yeah I love the bars too...not sure what they are off..I'll ask him today at my Friday afternoon safety meeting.
    He's owned the bike for 26 years.
    No signature

Comment

Not a ride but some photos of my Friday afternoon safety meeting.
      The young guy I have my arm around is a good friend's son that just got back from competing at the Tokyo Olympics. He is a cyclists that races team sport in the velodrome racing. His team finished 5th overall for Canada and set a Canadian record...twice. This kid is crazy...lol

Rob (AZR) and his new to him BMW

My friend Nancy's first gen Busa she bought new....carbon fibre rims...it's a beauty!

No signature

Comment

Tudor manor house in Carrick-on-Suir, Co Waterford. The older bits sticking up at the back are the remains of a Norman castle. I'm certain last time I saw it there was no rendering on the front, but the Office of Public Doodahs are quite responsible about things like that, so (without verifying it) I'd assume the rendering is pukka lime-based, and likely what it would have looked like in its heyday.

Click for larger image.

On the road out of Waterford, with the cable-stayed bridge in the backdrop.

Last edited by Grimly; 08-08-2021, 08:33 PM.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

That bike is so cool.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

[QUOTE=trevor;2661671
            /QUOTE]

Trevor, great gathering as usual but what's up with sign in your neighbours yard?
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

[QUOTE=Sandy;2661898]
              Originally posted by trevor;2661671
              [IMG
              https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/t513/trevorf1/A70BD958-C07C-4940-A482-D1710CEF6DD3.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bound s[/IMG]/QUOTE]

Trevor, great gathering as usual but what's up with sign in your neighbours yard?
              Oh god....they have a double lot and are applying to build another house behind their house. This is what happens when you live in a place with real-estate prices like ours.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                That bike is so cool.
                It got a bit hot and bothered yesterday, though.
                I took it for a motorway blat to see what the fuelling is like at a sustained 90-ish. Hmm... oil temp off the scale, but I suspect the gauge is lying. However, it was a bit hot, there's no doubt of that. The apparent high temp wasn't accompanied by the usual signs of a genuinely overheated engine, but some fiddling is needed. A small oil weep from the valve cover was entertaining me by smoking like a campfire when I stopped, and the downpipes at the exhaust ports are turning purpley-blue. I don't like that.
                Even though the AFR gauge was telling me things are ok, they're not quite.
                Just as well these are tough old brutes.
                Yesterday was the inaugural run-out of my recently acquired Canon 5DII and just for fun I stuck on a Tamron SP 35-80, which has given me many good shots on my Pentaxes.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

[QUOTE=trevor;2661907]
                  Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Oh god....they have a double lot and are applying to build another house behind their house. This is what happens when you live in a place with real-estate prices like ours.
                  Too bad could be a lot worse if they went Vancouver style and knocked down the whole block of houses and put up condos. LOL
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

[QUOTE=Sandy;2661934]
                    Originally posted by trevor View Post

Too bad could be a lot worse if they went Vancouver style and knocked down the whole block of houses and put up condos. LOL
                    LOL, that’s true...
                    No signature

Comment

[QUOTE=Sandy;2661934]

They're doing that near me. I barely recognize 'Sidney By The Sea' anymore.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got out on the 83 750 today...love this bike.

No signature

Comment

Had to go to Walgreen's this morning and though I'm not sure how or when it got on, I found this guy walking up onto my clutch reservoir as I was parking in my driveway. He let me get a few head shots but the humidity fogged up my lens pretty good and I didn't bother to wipe it off. By the time it started to clear up some, he decided he had enough

Grasshopper on Bandit by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got out on the 83 750 today...love this bike.

Did you ceramic-coat the tires, too?! Bike looks like it rides as good as it looks. Absolutely Beautiful!
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              Did you ceramic-coat the tires, too?! Bike looks like it rides as good as it looks. Absolutely Beautiful!
                              Lol...thanks Rich. I didn't ceramic coat this bike...just elbow grease. I did powder coat the rims semi-gloss black.
                              No signature

Comment

Lol...thanks Rich. I didn't ceramic coat this bike...just elbow grease. I did powder coat the rims semi-gloss black.
                                The side covers look quite extensive. Are they a single piece on each side?
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X