anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    The side covers look quite extensive. Are they a single piece on each side?
    They are...yeah they are huge...and of course one of the nipples broke off the other day...used JB weld plastic weld to fix. Not like I've ever had to do that before....lol
    No signature

Comment

I'm going storm chasing this afternoon. There is a band of storms coming across Ohio. I'm going to head dead west and intercept it..
      Why? I haven't been on the bike since last Saturday, the temperature is in the 80's and why not? It will be fun!
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Up date, I'm in Canton, Ohio. The temperature has went up 4° since leaving home. The wind picked up quite a bit. So far no rain. But it's coming. I'm at a restaurant now. It's about to get crazy!
        My Motorcycles:
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Up date, I'm in Canton, Ohio. The temperature has went up 4° since leaving home. The wind picked up quite a bit. So far no rain. But it's coming. I'm at a restaurant now. It's about to get crazy!
          How I understand where your forum handle comes from. LOL.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I'm back home: I woofed down my food and left the restaurant in pouring rain. The temperature went from 80° from when I left home. It climbed to 88° as I got closer to the storm front. In the 20 minutes I was in the restaurant the temperature dropped 18° to 70. I took off heading east to get in front of the storm. I could see the line in the sky, but I couldn't catch up to it. I pretty much got soaked to the bone. I'm sitting in my garage, the sun is wanting to pop out. It will be a beautiful sunset tonight... Who sings that song "It's a Summer Time Thing "? 🌞
            My Motorcycles:
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)

Comment

So Norm , you were IN the Storm.

yep , you were participating in the weather, not just an observer.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Forecast for today. 92° 58% chance of afternoon rain/thunderstorms. Looks like another great evening for riding. I'm heading north tonight. North towards Ashtabula, Ohio. If it's anything like last night, the sunset at Mosquito Lake should be spectacular. 👍
                My Motorcycles:
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  Forecast for today. 92° 58% chance of afternoon rain/thunderstorms. Looks like another great evening for riding. I'm heading north tonight. North towards Ashtabula, Ohio. If it's anything like last night, the sunset at Mosquito Lake should be spectacular. ��
                  You have been reporting on weather, and route, and dinner, and other adventures. WHich is good to read, and know that you are getting out. But, what bike?

Stormed where I was at last night (daughters house). Power still out there, so have grandkids here today, and probably tommorow. Maybe making another trip there with generator.

Maybe Ill get out for ride in a couple days.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What motorcycle? It's funny that you asked. It seems that I've been riding the FJR way more than the Triumph Tiger. It got to the point where I was considering selling the Tiger. I thought I wanted a lighter motorcycle, and I do. But the FJR is just so much more comfortable than the Tiger. And the power of the FJR is intoxicating. The handling of the FJR is so much more stable. The Tiger seems like it's one twitch away from a high speed wobble. I mentioned my concerns on the ADV forum, only to stir up a bee hive! One fellow even called me a troll! (whatever that is)... So, lately I've been riding the Tiger. Trying to spread the love equally...
                    My Motorcycles:
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)

Comment

Took a spin on a buddy's VFR800 today. It sure is a fun bike and gets really fun at about 6500 rpm's. Had never felt a linked braking system before, which I really like.

Maybe if I can get the FJR repaired and sold I'll buy this from him.
                      Still ordering parts for the poor FJR. Some of those plastics are really hard to find. I just keep scratching other parts off the list one by one hoping in the mean time to come acrossed the fairing parts I still need.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Took a spin on a buddy's VFR800 today. It sure is a fun bike and gets really fun at about 6500 rpm's. Had never felt a linked braking system before, which I really like.

Maybe if I can get the FJR repaired and sold I'll buy this from him.
                        Still ordering parts for the poor FJR. Some of those plastics are really hard to find. I just keep scratching other parts off the list one by one hoping in the mean time to come acrossed the fairing parts I still need.

Shoulda sold the FJR to me when you had the chance at Brown County -
                        I think my last offer was $200 AND a PLANE ticket home

Good Luck and ride safe - it was great meeting you guys
                        Currently in the Stable :
                        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
                          Shoulda sold the FJR to me when you had the chance at Brown County -
                          I think my last offer was $200 AND a PLANE ticket home

Good Luck and ride safe - it was great meeting you guys
                          LOL, as tempting as that was I'm still glad to have it. we'll have it back on the road soon.

In the mean time, the GS is getting plenty of love.

Had a real nice ride last night. One of the only times I've ridden this stretch of I-40 without being blown around by crazy cross winds. I was surprised by how cool it got. Around Gallup I had to put another layer on.

Maybe headed to the meteor crater or painted desert today.

Last edited by Burque73; 08-22-2021, 11:20 AM.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Had a real nice day and a half getaway. The meteor crater was something I've always wanted to see. This thing was really cookin' when it came down.

Didn't make it to the Painted Desert, but saw plenty of beautifully colored landscape.

191 South from Sanders, AZ to 61 then NM 53 was such a beautiful ride. Super colorful desert giving way to greenery and tall pines around the Continental divide.

The air was unusually clear now in Western New Mexico, considering how smoky it's been lately. After enjoying some of the most beautifully sculpted sandstone landscapes in the setting suns's light, in what I now know is called alpenglow, I had to come to terms with and overcome the heartache caused by not being able to catch that in a photo. Here's a great writup of a few things to see around there.
                            Head out on a New Mexico road trip to find geographic marvels like ancient volcanos, lava flows, and caves—close enough for a day trip or short overnight.

This is just one area of New Mexico I find positively captivating. The Ice caves and Bandero Volcano with the lava flows in the Malpais National Monument are just a tiny sampling of New Mexico's enchantment.

Clouds show the quickly fading alpenglow.

Riding home straight into the rising full moon was like having dessert after this delicious feast of a ride.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Had a real nice day and a half getaway. . . . . ...

Riding home straight into the rising full moon was like having dessert after this delicious feast of a ride.
                              Your photos and your descriptions are appetizing.

Comment

The Ugly is back!! The problem was air box rubbers related. Fixed with new ferncos. Total cost about 15 bucks.

I took it out for a test ride and it ran just like it used to. Got up to highway speed (80 - 85) for a couple miles. Felt just like it did when I rode it down to S. Illinois to see the eclipse a couple years ago.

I am going to have to spring for some progressives up front (total pun intended) cuz that fairing wore the originals down to nubs.

Here's a fernco:

Here's what they look like installed:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X