Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    15 mph speed limit? Downhill?
    They should just put a cash register on the other side of that sign.

Lovely picture, Roger.
    I'll tell you if there is one thing I learned about travelling in the USA it's DO NOT speed coming or going from small towns. There is always a cop there. From what I'm told it's part of the town's financial planning to catch tourists coming through. Lol
    No signature

Comment

speaking of Police, a january traffic stop lloking for afternoon drunks and/or someone particular... . I wonder where his Dayglo is..kinda dangerous standing on the centreline like that...I didn't expect one-they're pretty rare anyways in my locale- but I guess that make it all the better
      TrafficStop-2021-01-29.jpg

Comment

FC54BA1E-4FC7-45D8-9F28-E5D0F1A3C502.jpg
        Took this on on Wednesday as I headed out.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Rode the Kat this afternoon.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Rode the Africa Twin out for a blast, nice day temps around 8-9 C and sunny.

Mount Baker in the background.

2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
            2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
            1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
            2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
            1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
            1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
            1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
            Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

No pics but today I rode my gsxs1000 to get ceramic coated,,,the whole bike. Pick it up in a couple days...looking forward to seeing the results.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                ...my gsxs1000 to get ceramic coated,,,the whole bike. Looking forward to seeing the results.
                The whole bike? I'd like to see that too!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  The whole bike? I'd like to see that too!
                  While they can do the seat too, I'm not getting that done. It's quite the process. The bike will be cleaned (It's my bike so that's already done lol) and then they will polish and remove any scratches..and "clay bar" it. I may get it done to all my bikes.
                  No signature

Comment

The seat? I'm sure that I'm not the only person here who recalls pulling the ultimate nOoB move and applying Armour-All to my first bike's seat... and footrest rubbers... and grips... and tires...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      The seat? I'm sure that I'm not the only person here who recalls pulling the ultimate nOoB move and applying Armour-All to my first bike's seat... and footrest rubbers... and grips... and tires...

Lol...I did that too on my first bike....
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Lol...I did that too on my first bike....
                        Mr Sheen (ironically, it had nothing to do with Barry) spray polish on the vinyl seat.
                        Ouch.
                        The seat that has never been touched with vinyl or any other cleaner / polish is still holding up ok. It was re-covered nearly 30 years ago, and still uncracked. Another seat re-covered at the the same time (and was cleaned / polished occasionally) fell to bits a few years ago.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Armor All on the seat? It was a standard prank to coat a unsuspecting buddies seat with it for a while in our group.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My friend Paul has Armorall running through his vains. He uses Armorall on everything! This is him detailing the motorcycles for the Canfield fair bike show.🌞
                            Attached Files
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Got out for my first longer ride since the accident today....the hip was bugging me a bit but my calf was getting sore...like not getting enough blood circulation....my hip is not doing well....may be getting a total replacement...felt good to get out though

No signature

Comment

Nice bike trevor. It's really fascinating to see how motorcycles of yore evolved into the lean mean machines they are now.

I wonder whether the new gen will hold up as well as our 40 year old bikes.
                                1982 GS 450L aka Lil' Red
                                1980 GS 1000G aka Big Red (Resto-mod WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X