No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, she is just a very good friend of mine who loves to ride.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Crisis Hotline Call Box! That's funny. "Crisis Hotline how can I help you" "I'm a pretty young lady and I'm surrounded by bikers!"
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Nice group of friends you have there Bill. Sounds like you had a good time.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Bill, Late or not doesn't matter. Great pics. Looks like a great time with friends.
          Hope your situation gets sorted quickly. Be well.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Bill, Late or not doesn't matter. Great pics. Looks like a great time with friends.
            Hope your situation gets sorted quickly. Be well.
            Thanks, we are working on it. I've signed up for the MSF advance course in Nov. Gotta get better lol.
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              A bit too much work this season along with loosing 30 lbs a bit to fast (2 1/2 months Dr didn't like that). It has been on going for about 4 months. The fatigue was coupled with dizzyness and light headness, not a good combination for riding a bike. Besides a 5ft 108lb girl friend of mine got in my face and told me, Mr Bill no riding until you are better you hear me! That's my Eva, she rides a FZ 09 and very well too. Actually they are thinking it is some of the side effects of my meds mabye causing the problems.

Eva on her FZ

And of course me on my GS 750E
              Hey! I recognize that rider!

You don't look like you've lost weight bro. I never got to meet your girl...what a great couple!

Hopefully, your condition improves and you are able to ride as you always do.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Great pics Bill!!!

Added bonus that your chick rides an FZ-09. Pretty cool IMHO!
                Only can wish that I still had a gf that rides...
                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  Hey! I recognize that rider!

You don't look like you've lost weight bro. I never got to meet your girl...what a great couple!

Hopefully, your condition improves and you are able to ride as you always do.

Ed
                  LOL guys, she is just a very good friend of mine, though I wish she was my GF big time, she is married., she has been riding for about 8 years. This is her first bike with that kind of power, she is a bit timid with the bike, though I've been showing her how hard she can push it. She hits 100mph she tends to back off real quick. After that little jaunt with the state police, she was pretty rattled the rest of the of the weekend lol. And yeah Ed, I lost 30 lbs, I was at 213 and now at 182. Lost it too fast as well.
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

All day long the wind vane pointed south and that lovely wind gave us a reprieve from the coldish weather from earlier in the week. I hoped to get in a decent ride and take advantage of it. By the time family dinner with the in laws was finished and the kids were in bed it was approaching midnight. It was cloudy, humid, and still warm - a beautiful fall night. I got in a short ride - took the long way to and from the gas station and filled the bike. Too short a ride, but long enough to breathe a big relaxing sigh and smile inside my helmet.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      All day long the wind vane pointed south and that lovely wind gave us a reprieve from the coldish weather from earlier in the week. I hoped to get in a decent ride and take advantage of it. By the time family dinner with the in laws was finished and the kids were in bed it was approaching midnight. It was cloudy, humid, and still warm - a beautiful fall night. I got in a short ride - took the long way to and from the gas station and filled the bike. Too short a ride, but long enough to breathe a big relaxing sigh and smile inside my helmet.
                      One of my favorite rides is 12 miles to any store for anything that will fit on the bike. Bummer, yesterday I needed a gallon of paint, but just can't figure how to tie that down well enough to risk it.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

This is an old camera bag that I cut slots in the bottom to slip the straps thru. It easily fits (and has) a gallon paint can.
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Nice, been thinking of making myself one of those!
                          Couple years ago I tried riding home with a quart of paint. Got home and it wasn't there anymore. Bummer, I thought I tied it down real good, never felt it fall off.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

rphillips invited me to join him and some friends on a ride yesterday. There were three couples riding 2-up which was nice. Always good to have some ladies along. The goal was some pizza place up in the mountains near Chattanooga. Its a nice sedate ride through the rural countryside with good folks. Really enjoyed the company. rphillips knows some good people.

The pizza place had a nice location with lovely views. But in spite of all the pizza's ingredients having been imported from exotics locations around the world, it was only ok. Seems having lived in Chicago for 15 years has made me a pizza snob.

This ride actually had a couple of GS bikes. A pair of GSX1100s.

The ride leader was on the Goldwing. He'd mapped out the ride and was following a GPX track but he needs a little more practice with it as we ended up making a lot of u-turns The ZREX looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

One of his buddies was on this very pretty BMW

And this Honda won the award for prettiest paint. Picture doesn't really capture it, but there is a tiny metallic flake in the paint that really sparkles in the sun.

The view from the pizza place. The farthest bridge is I-24. At some point there must have been a wreck because traffic toward Chattanooga stopped for about an hour. Glad I wasn't sitting in it!

We rode about 250 miles for the day. I continue to be amazed at the roads and scenery around here. Big thank you to rphilips for inviting me and introducing me to his wife and friends.
                            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Really nice shots GBW.
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Been dying to get out for a little ride..October been a very wet month here. Today the sun came out and me and a buddy went up to Maple Bay...great little restaurant in Genoa Bay that has an awesome road to it...

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X