Page 1109 of 1122 FirstFirst ... 109609100910591099110711081109111011111119 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,090 of 11220

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by gbw View Post
    All that excitement and we still weren't late for dinner with the BAATFAMses
    And we were so glad to spend time with you all....Thanks.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

In the past 6 days of work, I've ridden in 5. Not scenic, but satisfying.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Redman is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

. . . .
    . . .
    When we pulled into the gas station at Telico Plains and parked, Joe's Tiger was GUSHING oil. I mean a solid stream, a half inch think, POURING out the bottom of the bike. One look at the filter and I knew the problem. He had a K&N oil filter. I'd had this exact same issue a few year back. I recommend NOT using K&N oil filters.. . . . .
    Yikes! Is it the rubber gasket comes loose....? or the filter unscrews...? dont know?

Good that you were able to resolve the situation and continue on.

Nice pics.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

On my morning ride today, a funny (odd) thing happened. I was on a lightly travelled road with clear vision so I decided to redline the bike in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.

I should have prefaced this by saying I have a faulty ground wire somewhere yet to be determined and my right side turn signal has been working only sporadically.
    Well after doing the redlining, I looked down and the right t/s was flashing even though I had not touched it. The rest of the way home, nearly 100 miles, it would just keep coming on until finally I just held the button down like when shutting if off.

So finally home and the headlight comes out of the bucket so I will remove and replace any and all bullet connectors and make sure every connection is clean and lubed. It's going to be too warm and humid to ride for the rest of the week anyway so I guess it is shop time now.

Otherwise, the bike ran good I guess except for the poor gas mileage and the oil consumption.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Yikes! Is it the rubber gasket comes loose....? or the filter unscrews...? dont know?
    K&N weld a nut to the oil filter. Seems like a great idea. Makes it easy to install and remove.

But sometimes the weld breaks and makes a hole in the filter.

If you search for "K&N oil filter failure" you'll find several class action lawsuits, many forum posts, and some YouTube videos.

Joe got lucky that he caught it right when it happened, and that it happened right as we were stopping for a break. It's not even worth thinking about his rear tire covered in oil, or his engine locking up 30 minutes earlier when we were railing across the Cherohala Skyway.
    Last edited by gbw; 07-27-2021 at 09:23 AM.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by alke46 View Post
    On my morning ride today, a funny (odd) thing happened. I was on a lightly travelled road with clear vision so I decided to redline the bike in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.

I should have prefaced this by saying I have a faulty ground wire somewhere yet to be determined and my right side turn signal has been working only sporadically.
    Well after doing the redlining, I looked down and the right t/s was flashing even though I had not touched it. The rest of the way home, nearly 100 miles, it would just keep coming on until finally I just held the button down like when shutting if off.

So finally home and the headlight comes out of the bucket so I will remove and replace any and all bullet connectors and make sure every connection is clean and lubed. It's going to be too warm and humid to ride for the rest of the week anyway so I guess it is shop time now.

Otherwise, the bike ran good I guess except for the poor gas mileage and the oil consumption.
    Sounds like a fun ride. Could the signal issue be a problem in the switch itself?
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Sounds like a fun ride. Could the signal issue be a problem in the switch itself?
    Possible I guess although I just had that left hand switch apart a couple of weeks ago and cleaned everything. I will have to look at it again if the ground wire clean-up doesn't work.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

Got slightly out of town for a wee bit of dual-sport riding with Tim and Wazz last week in the Black Hills of South Dakota and Wyoming...

This weird rock kept showing up in our photos in Wyoming, so we went up for a closer look.

Free range cattle took over someone's yard along a dirt road near Galena, South Dakota. They seemed pretty chill.

I am the WORST at taking pictures. Too busy riding and figuring out where we are, where we're going, and the best spot for lunch.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

So did anyone in your party climb the Devil's tower? Lots of people do.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Man Brian I’m jealous. I had hoped to get there this year and couldn’t.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"