anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful pic, Rich!

And the mini windshield is just right!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Wanted to get a short ride in today before more nasty weather. About half an hour, enough to validate my recent work making the front wheel tubeless like it was meant to be and a new(used/EBay) speedo drive is functioning properly. Everything checked out Ok. Was a a brisk 40 deg. But it was a beautiful afternoon.

Excellent photo, it's GS.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Thanks guys. Love the 705’s. Was my fist time un-mounting/mounting a motorcycle tire and it really kicked my butt. Hoping it gets easier with practice.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Fun tires on that beastie!
          The "T" is a "beastie?"

I like you even more now, Pilot! lolololol!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks guys. Love the 705’s. Was my fist time un-mounting/mounting a motorcycle tire and it really kicked my butt. Hoping it gets easier with practice.
            Wait until you get to do it in a motel parking lot....LOL...(not my bike/tire)

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

[QUOTE=Baatfam;2634394]Wait until you get to do it in a motel parking lot....LOL...(not my bike/tire)

Ugh. God forbid. Hope I never have to.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Ugh. God forbid. Hope I never have to.
                Honestly, I've been involved with several of these "on the road tire replacements," but in every case, it was because the tire wore through to the cords before expectations....
                It is really easy to misjudge the last few hundred miles left on a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Honestly, I've been involved with several of these "on the road tire replacements," but in every case, it was because the tire wore through to the cords before expectations....
                  It is really easy to misjudge the last few hundred miles left on a tire.

Yikes! Lol....Thankfully I have not had to ride tires that close to a blowout since I was 16 and broke.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    [/B]
                    Yikes! Lol....Thankfully I have not had to ride tires that close to a blowout since I was 16 and broke.
                    Haha...Happens to everyone eventually, I suspect.
                    I could give you some names of folks who went on a 1200 mile weekend, with 800 miles of tire, but I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone.

Comment

Haha...Happens to everyone eventually, I suspect.
                      I could give you some names of folks who went on a 1200 mile weekend, with 800 miles of tire, but I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone.
                      Lol...I'm guilty of changing tires too early...I have twice changed tires because of a big trip coming up and not wanting to schedule a tire swap. So much tread on them that I was able to sell them used. New tires are cheap insurance imo.
                      No signature

Comment

Wait until you get to do it in a motel parking lot....LOL...(not my bike/tire)

Hum.. let me see..... compared to this bike
                        same..., same...., same.... ah, exhaust different, but that could change....

oh.. rear drum brakes on sidewalk, .... rear disc brakes at dam...... Okay, probably not your 1100.

. . .

And that flask of amber stuff, that is a lot of tire lube.
                        Last edited by Redman; 12-24-2020, 12:02 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Hum.. let me see..... compared to this bike

same..., same...., same.... ah, exhaust different, but that could change....

oh.. rear drum brakes on sidewalk, .... rear disc brakes at dam...... Okay, probably not your 1100.

I have another guess, Not As Recognizable Dont You say.

And that flask of amber stuff, that is a lot of tire lube.
                          Haha, Dave.....It was a member here, and it was his first trip with us. To be fair, I don't think he understood how far we would ride.

Comment

Here is a BMW in the Ozarks about 5 years ago...Also first time with us.

And here is a long term forum member....about 7 years ago. Also far from home. An Aprilla

This one was mine, on the 95 K1100RS, but it did get me home. No roadside tire change, but very close.

Last edited by Baatfam; 12-24-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Great picture Rich!!!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Here is a BMW in the Ozarks about 5 years ago...Also first time with us.

And here is a long term forum member....about 7 years ago. Also far from home. An Aprilla

This one was mine, on the 95 K1100RS, but it did get me home. No roadside tire change, but very close.

As you know I plan and put on lots of rides each year...last year 13 of us to California and back plus all the BC multi day rides I put on....I always say plenty of time before the rides...."Don't be that guy"! Lol
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X