anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Actually did....got out for about four hours, including a lunch stop. Been a while...a serious while.

Just a few shots during a shady spot, pit stop.

Love your bike!
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Love your bike!
      Same. That entire generation of Triumphs were the prettiest bikes the company ever made.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        A couple more pics from our trip to Bedford. We have somehow avoided getting caught in the rain the entire trip so far. Knock on wood!

20210609_092015 by Roger, on Flickr
        Man, that is one pretty GS. The pictures don't do the paint job justice. In person that color scheme is just lovely. My new 2nd favorite GS paint job.

PS. Thanks for Hatch Red Chile Sauce. I'm sort of addicted now. Good thing they put their website address on the jar. I'm going to have order more now before I run out!
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Roger,your 1983' 850G is a nice looking touring machine

Comment

Dang Bob, it almost looked like the fairing on your Triumph was scratched then I looked harder and saw the reflection. Very pretty
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Went for a ride through the local switchbacks for the first time in many years. The area’s police force is very strict on loud exhausts so I couldn’t ride through without being pulled over. I put Marving mufflers on the stock headers so noise isn’t an issue anymore.

Last edited by mattd1205; 06-16-2021, 10:12 PM.
              1978 Suzuki GS750

Past bikes owned:
              1978 Suzuki GS750E, 1979 Suzuki GS750E, 1980 Suzuki GS850, 1977 Suzuki GS550, 1969 Honda CB350, 1976 Harley Davidson SS175, 1979 Motobecane 50V, 1978 Puch Maxi, 1977 Puch Newport, 1980 Tomos Bullet, 1978 Motobecane 50VLA, 1978 AMF Roadmaster

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                Man, that is one pretty GS. The pictures don't do the paint job justice. In person that color scheme is just lovely. My new 2nd favorite GS paint job.

PS. Thanks for Hatch Red Chile Sauce. I'm sort of addicted now. Good thing they put their website address on the jar. I'm going to have order more now before I run out!
                Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
                Roger,your 1983' 850G is a nice looking touring machine
                Thanks, Suzuki sure made some purdy bikes!

Greg, check this out.

Welcome to Made in New Mexico's Monthly Salsa Club. Enjoy our Made in New Mexico Salsas, Red & Green Chile, and Sauces delivered right to your door. Each month we will send you 2 jars of either our brand new items or our tried and true favorites fo
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks, Suzuki sure made some purdy bikes!

Greg, check this out.

https://madeinnewmexico.com/products/monthly-salsa-club

I like the changes Suzuki made in their bikes starting in 1983',especially the wheels that say "tubeless tire applicable";I don't like to install tubes in alloy mag wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by mattd1205 View Post
                    Went for a ride through the local switchbacks for the first time in many years. The area’s police force is very strict on loud exhausts so I couldn’t ride through without being pulled over. I put Marving mufflers on the stock headers so noise isn’t an issue anymore.

Gorgeous bike, Matt.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Oh my! You're a pusher!!! I'm signing up for that RIGHT NOW!
                      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Love your bike!
                        Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        Same. That entire generation of Triumphs were the prettiest bikes the company ever made.
                        Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        Very pretty
                        Thanks all....
                        I agree, but I am fairly certain the old Trophy will be up for sale in the next week or so...
                        (Although I am loving it right now...)
                        Last edited by Baatfam; 06-17-2021, 02:31 PM.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Two days in a row....LOL....

Had an appointment at 11am, about 10 minutes from the house this morning. Left at 9:30, and just got there on time...

Norris Dam Overlook....

Triumph Trophy at Norris Dam by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Replacing it, Bob-or just pruning?
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Replacing it, Bob-or just pruning?
                              Undecided as of yet. Bought it for two up riding, but the wife quit several years ago, so it doesn't get used much.
                              I wouldn't mind having the space back in the garage, though. And, I also have been thinking about a dual sport.
                              So sigh....undecided...LOL.

But every time I do ride it, I start second guessing myself. Triumph does make a nice bike, and hard bags can me nice.

Comment

A dualsport is about the only bike I can realistically see adding to my stable. I keep telling myself to finish the CB900f, and then my brother (who gave me the Honda, the bike that drew me completely from dirtbikes to the street) shows up on his KLR650.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X