• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Gorgeous bike, Matt.
    thank you Steve!
    1978 Suzuki GS750

Past bikes owned:
    1978 Suzuki GS750E, 1979 Suzuki GS750E, 1980 Suzuki GS850, 1977 Suzuki GS550, 1969 Honda CB350, 1976 Harley Davidson SS175, 1979 Motobecane 50V, 1978 Puch Maxi, 1977 Puch Newport, 1980 Tomos Bullet, 1978 Motobecane 50VLA, 1978 AMF Roadmaster

Comment

Got out for my third day in a row.

Decided to go and see Cherokee Dam for the first time. Nice ride there...
      Entering the road for the top of the dam, there was a sign that said, "Authorized Vehicles Only."
      But, thinking of Dave Redman, I went in anyway....down a little road, than a ramp too narrow to turn around on.
      Saw a perfect spot to get the bike, and top of the dam in the photo, and also saw the TVA worker waving at me sternly.
      So I gave him the "turning around" signal, he gave a thumbs up, and I got out of there....Ha....

One side of the bottom of the dam....Discovered I was leaking a little gas here.
      Triumph Trophy at Cherokee Dam by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Went to the other side of the river, and found a shady spot. Found the leak, fixed it.
      Lucky for me, an older gentleman was willing to stand and talk to me while I put it back together and geared up.
      He was still talking as I put my ear buds in, and put on my helmet. I just nodded and waved as I rode away.

Took a few more before I left...

Last edited by Baatfam; 06-18-2021, 02:52 PM.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

And you carry spare fuel line with you? I would have never had whatever I need to fix my bike if it breaks down. Maybe I better start thinking differently.

Or at all........
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          And you carry spare fuel line with you? I would have never had whatever I need to fix my bike if it breaks down. Maybe I better start thinking differently.

Or at all........
          No Larry I don't, but maybe I should. I was able to cut off about 1/2" and reclamp it. Hard part was lifting the tank to get at it.

Seriously though, I just had the tank off a week ago or so. That tells me I probably tore the line at that time.
          It was on the output side, so it only leaked when it was running. Didn't notice until it was idling at the dam.
          I'll just replace all the lines when I can.
          Last edited by Baatfam; 06-18-2021, 03:20 PM.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Looks like a nice day to ride Bob!

I put 500 miles on this BMW I bought unseen from a friend for a song. It runs awesome... minus an minor issue with the final drive rear bearing. It's going to get full freshened up before I put some more miles on it.

Honda fit was the support vehicle for the ole' boxer twin... Other than huge issue in the AM bike ran awesome all the way to Vermont from Maryland.

Now that all the kids are home I decided to get a family photo

Cheers,
            -Jedz
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              No Larry I don't, but maybe I should. I was able to cut off about 1/2" and reclamp it. Hard part was lifting the tank to get at it.

Seriously though, I just had the tank off a week ago or so. That tells me I probably tore the line at that time.
              It was on the output side, so it only leaked when it was running. Didn't notice until it was idling at the dam.
              I'll just replace all the lines when I can.
              Hopefully before you sell it��
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

@ Jedz,. My god man, you change bikes as often as some of us (me) change our skivvies
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

You don't know what you like unless you try it first! Sooo yeah 68 motorcycles in my 14 years of riding may be excessive however I generally make out deep in the black when I buy than sell so... No harm no foul. More cash in the end doesn't decentivize me, I'll tell you that!

Best
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

And it's not like he doesn't put the miles in on them. Pretty sure no-one on this forum logs as many miles as our Jedz.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I got out the other day for a long needed jaunt on the GS. I went up to one of our national parks to a favourite photo op spot about 100 miles from the house. Wanted to ride another 1/2 hour into the park to some great waterfalls but weather looked a little ominous so I aborted that idea and headed for home. Regardless it was great to get out for a decent ride for a change.

P1020111 by soates50, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Sandy; 06-19-2021, 12:23 AM.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Simply beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Simply beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.
                          Thanks Glen. You've been a pretty tough act to follow over on the other thread .....so I posted here. LOL.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                            I got out the other day for a long needed jaunt on the GS. I went up to one of our national parks to a favourite photo op spot about 100 miles from the house. Wanted to ride another 1/2 hour into the park to some great waterfalls but weather looked a little ominous so I aborted that idea and headed for home. Regardless it was great to get out for a decent ride for a change.

P1020111 by soates50, on Flickr
                            Fu(king great shot Sandy!
                            No signature

Comment

. minus an minor issue with the final drive rear bearing.
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Looks like a nice day to ride Bob!

I put 500 miles on this BMW I bought unseen from a friend for a song. It runs awesome... minus an minor issue with the final drive rear bearing. It's going to get full freshened up before I put some more miles on it.

Honda fit was the support vehicle for the ole' boxer twin... Other than huge issue in the AM bike ran awesome all the way to Vermont from Maryland.

Now that all the kids are home I decided to get a family photo

Cheers,
                                -Jedz
                                Something you’ll never hear a bmw owner say..LOL
                                . minus an minor issue with the final drive rear bearing.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X