No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put 140 miles in today. Bunch of us rode out route 66 to Arcadia OK. Had burgers at POPS. I was on the 83 KZ750 L3
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Put 140 miles in today. Bunch of us rode out route 66 to Arcadia OK.  Had burgers at POPS.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

No riding for me today. Question, are there more of you who think like me or am I just a big wuss? I tend to stay away from riding on important holidays such as mothers day, fathers day thanksgiving and christmas (yes, some years we could ride on christmas day)

My reasoning is that if something were to happen to me and I got killed by a motorist, my family would never forget the fact and spoil that particular day for all involved. Same holds true for memorial day, 4th of July etc.

We know a family who lost a daughter on the 4th of July. Not on a m/c, but on a boat. It just is terrible memories for them every 4th of July.

Sorry for being a downer.

For those of you who do ride on the special days, good luck and be safe.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          ……ride on the special days.
          I see your point. But if I didn’t ride on Holidays, days that I make a lot of effort to not do any work, it would cut my riding time way down. Yes, motorcycle riding is a selfish act for me, in that my family does not participate in it with me. But, on these full days off work, I make extra effort to spend a good amount of time with family, and still get in a good ride.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Any day I ride is a good day to ride.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
              No riding for me today. Question, are there more of you who think like me or am I just a big wuss? I tend to stay away from riding on important holidays such as mothers day, fathers day thanksgiving and christmas. . . . . . . .
              I would not at all think that is wussing out. THat is being quite considerate of your family, so you dont ruin a holiday for them. Yah, let them morn you on a random date . . . (opps, not something to joke about).

I do give extra thoughts to riding on holidays, in that am thinking will be extra traffic, more tourist, more folks at partys with drinking.

And sometimes I am intending on going for a ride, am gathering up gear, or maybe walking up to bike, and might hear something in my head like "No, Dave, Not now.". So maybe I dont go, or maybe I wait another half hour or something. I cant really discuss/explain the validity of that, but I typically follow it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My son and I went out to the Black Hills in South Dakota for our first annual Father's Day Ride. He learned last summer and had never ridden on curves before. If you know anything about eastern South Dakota, you know that it is FLAT. I was riding/coaching from my 2012 Ninja 1000. He was riding my 1980 GS750L. It was a basket case that was given to me. It is the exact same year and model that I rode while I was in college...a long time ago. It still needs paint.

We have helmet communicators and rode almost 300 miles in 2 days. He and I had a blast and will repeat the ride at some point. He is completely hooked now!

Now, if I could just figure out IMGUR or Flickr, I might post some pictures!
                1980 GS750L - just like the one I rode in college (25 years ago!)
                2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40
                1980 Honda Goldwing (Naked)
                2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Kelly O' (original profile vanished!)

Comment

Originally posted by PKBJAMN View Post
                  Now, if I could just figure out IMGUR or Flickr, I might post some pictures!
                  follow the Imgur instructions linked in my signature.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Been commuting on the Monkey this week, think I'm going to just use it everyday moving forward... Even with the 186cc BBK (18WHP) kit I yielded a 109MPG!
                    Love the back/class 4 road riding.

$3.15 for 100 miles of riding. Have to run premium in this High compression hot cam engine...
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 06-22-2021, 10:29 AM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

And you can stop and have yourself a barbecue wherever you feel like it. Just kidding. Looks like so much fun! Happy Trails.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I’m not sure how the needle eye turned sideways! It needs to rotate 90 deg clockwise.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by PKBJAMN; 06-22-2021, 11:18 AM.
                        2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Comment

Let’s see if the photos can be seen.
                          Attached Files
                          2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Comment

00CEAFC7-59D5-4EFE-B2DF-166CEE212947.jpgHere’s one more.
                            2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Comment

We can see the pictures but only the thumbnail. We have to click on them to have them open larger in another window. And the images in the resulting window are very small and low res. Looks like you're posting them direct from your phone, which is OK, but this site doesn't support and cannot store large images. That's why we use pic hosting sites like Imgur, so we can post larger photos that can be viewed large in the post, and don't have to be click on to enlarge.

I clicked on this image on my Imgur account. Selected the size Huge Thumbnail, copied the BBCode and pasted (CTRL-V on the keyboard) directly into my typed reply here. No fussing with the thread reply tool-bar icons involved, at all.

Like this:

Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/8Q03ca8.jpeg

Getting a little closer !
                                Last edited by PKBJAMN; 06-22-2021, 01:14 PM.
                                2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Comment

Working...
                                X