X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kid gets around.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

It was a total of 2200 miles this past weekend. Good little Jaunt. Rich, thank you again so much for your hospitality. Let's do this again REAL soon. The route you sent me on for the ride home was EPIC to say the least...
      Some pics:

Catskills:

NC:

Poconos:

Rich's shop!:

Rich and I!:

On my way through Northern NC:

It was a great little getaway, first time to overnight out of state after COVID.
      Looking forward to June's Brown county gathering, still planning to see you folks!

Best,
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Any time. Yesterday, I found a new gnarly, twisty, mountain road on the way to what is supposed to be a pretty good bar/restaurant.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          It was a total of 2200 miles this past weekend. Good little Jaunt. Rich, thank you again so much for your hospitality. Let's do this again REAL soon. The route you sent me on for the ride home was EPIC to say the least...
          Some pics:

Catskills:

NC:

Poconos:

Rich's shop!:

Rich and I!:

On my way through Northern NC:

It was a great little getaway, first time to overnight out of state after COVID.
          Looking forward to June's Brown county gathering, still planning to see you folks!

Best,
          Speaking of the Brown County Rally. Justin (or anyone coming from the east) you are more than welcome to stay overnight at my pad. Then we can ride down together.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Well, look who dropped by .....
            Jedz Justin !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode into Grand Rapids.

I'll tell you why. The BMW dealer sent email newsletter saying "paying cash for used bikes", so I called last week (cold-gray then) had a good chat with the owner-manager and made something of an appointment for today, and called again today to confirm, (beautiful warm clear day today)... and when I get there, well, basically he was too busy closing deal on new bike to talk to some guy (wearing jacket about 1/4th the cost of acceptable) with an old bike. Waited around about 25 minutes and left.

So, since I was on that far side of Grand Rapids, thought of some place to go from there. Rode around the country side on that other side of Grand Rapids. Some rolling farm land.
              Stopped at Falasburg Covered Bridge.

Are a couple other covered bridges over that way which can be made into an interesting circuit, but I hadn't prepared for that. So just followed a couple roads that looked interesting on the gps. Then buzzed back on the highway, about an hour.

Only 175 miles, fun to be out even if a large portion of it was urban.
              Last edited by Redman; 05-18-2021, 09:48 PM. Reason: Falasburg not Fallsburg.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave you can't get rid of the ol' bike now. You have to much blood, sweat and tears invested in it. Not to mention money. However, how many miles are on your replacement transmission? That could be something to consider. You don't want to go through all that again. 🤔
                My Motorcycles:
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)

Comment

I enjoy seeing those covered bridges.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    Speaking of the Brown County Rally. Justin (or anyone coming from the east) you are more than welcome to stay overnight at my pad. Then we can ride down together.
                    I'll text soon buddy!
                    I'd like to get to your place a decent time to grab dinner, have a few beers and looks at your GS's again.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      . . . . . . . . You have to much blood, sweat and tears invested in it. . . . .

. . . . 樂
                      Mumble mumble muzzlefruzzlefrizzlerats.

Sometimes I like the bike. Sometimes I dont.
                      Thanks for comments. We can chatt about it sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        It was a total of 2200 miles this past weekend. Good little Jaunt. .
                        There Justin, that is what I mean.

Your "2200 mile weekend", the mileage is inline with my cross country trip (that I only made part way, broke down, and finished in rental truck).

And your 175 mile long way home from work, is more inline with my day trip (about 4-5-6 hours).

And your 75 mile evening spin, is more like my afternoon ride (3-4 hours).

(but, then, again, I need more exercise, . . . and will be 70 next year.)

Comment

Shouldn't have, but I did go for a ride. Sustained 35mph winds and 50mph gusts made for a dirt filled sky. Interesting ride though.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I visited a small swap meet not too far away. Bought a top box for $40. Mounted it this morning. I think it'll work out well.

Did a little wandering on the way home.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

My wife and I went for a really nice ride up to Santa Fe. Just a few hours tooling around the slower highway through Madrid and Tijeras. Beautiful afternoon for it. Messed with an old GoPro my daughter gave me. It's mounted on top of the headlight.

My wife spotted that bull and we had to turn around to see it. He was super friendly. All the tasty sage brush was on our side of the fence so I gave him some. His horns from tip to tip were longer than my stretched out arms could reach.

Last edited by Burque73; 05-23-2021, 09:00 PM.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I did about 250 today. I rode up to Warren Pennsylvania taking rt 62 along the Allegheny river. I took the infamous rt.666 short cut, (with no issues). I stopped at the Iron Bridge Inn on my way home for dinner. It was a beautiful day 82° with scattered clouds. It never did rain like they were calling for. I didn't care if it did.👍
                                My Motorcycles:
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Working...
                                X