No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see you out and about on her Lurch! We've gone full circle back to the old days as far as weather goes and are in our "wet" season at the moment... has been bucketing down for days...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

It was a lovely overcast day today but, over 50 degrees!!!
      I went to look at another car for the engine and tranny, might just make it a driver.
      I went to give the DMV most of my life savings to register 3 cars...

Went by that bridge that I used to jump over fairly regularly that they leveled out and re-paved a few years ago...

Dropped by a bike shop and picked up some muffler packing and another quart of 10W fork oil.
      Rode around town just for fun and ended up at a local Bike Night where this '66 Triumph Cub motored in...

Ate well there and rode home after dark and much colder out.
      About 65 miles total.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        It was a lovely overcast day today but, over 50 degrees!!!
        I went to look at another car for the engine and tranny, might just make it a driver.
        I went to give the DMV most of my life savings to register 3 cars...

Went by that bridge that I used to jump over fairly regularly that they leveled out and re-paved a few years ago...

Dropped by a bike shop and picked up some muffler packing and another quart of 10W fork oil.
        Rode around town just for fun and ended up at a local Bike Night where this '66 Triumph Cub motored in...

Ate well there and rode home after dark and much colder out.
        About 65 miles total.

Daniel
        Those of us in the colder climate are devising a plan to change the earths axis, we will be the new equator..mooha ha ha, man, is it only January??? 2 or 3 more months of this and I'll really go crazy reading this thread! Nice ride and nice bike!

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
          Those of us in the colder climate are devising a plan to change the earths axis, we will be the new equator..mooha ha ha, man, is it only January??? 2 or 3 more months of this and I'll really go crazy reading this thread! Nice ride and nice bike!
          No need to change the axis when we have global warming.
          Besides if I can squeeze out a half dozen days of riding through my NH winter then you should have similiar chances in OH to get that bike out safely. My motto is to never winterize, just use them!....a heated vest helps too....and I'm dreaming of moving south in my older age.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            No need to change the axis when we have global warming.
            Besides if I can squeeze out a half dozen days of riding through my NH winter then you should have similiar chances in OH to get that bike out safely. My motto is to never winterize, just use them!....a heated vest helps too....and I'm dreaming of moving south in my older age.

I may have a few more whiskers than you, anyway the joints don't like the cold, and it more than just having the bike rolling, its the whole enjoying the outdoors wind in your face experience that gets me on the bike, I use to ride on occasional nice days here, but always had a taste of rock salt in my mouth when I was done, a dirty bike I had to clean it in the cold or let it suffer the consequences till spring.

Comment

... its the whole enjoying the outdoors wind in your face experience that gets me on the bike, I use to ride on occasional nice days here, but always had a taste of rock salt in my mouth when I was done, a dirty bike I had to clean it in the cold or let it suffer the consequences till spring.
              More often than not, when I ride from Nov.-Apr., the garden hose is frozen and the bike stays dirty until it is over 40 for a few hours some day.
              I have a black engine and exhaust on Goldy and last year it looked white!

Daniel

Comment

I may have a few more whiskers than you, anyway the joints don't like the cold, and it more than just having the bike rolling, its the whole enjoying the outdoors wind in your face experience that gets me on the bike, I use to ride on occasional nice days here, but always had a taste of rock salt in my mouth when I was done, a dirty bike I had to clean it in the cold or let it suffer the consequences till spring.
                I may not be as young as you think and if you pick the right day and conditions, there is very little road salt and with an old beater bike, who cares about cleaning it. Dressed in layers to keep the joints from stiffening and had the 36F air blowing in my face under the full face helmet, with a bright sun and blue skies today, well....priceless.
                Some pics for your perusal, the little 450 is good for venturing off the pavement some without worrying about dumping it:

Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I really, really wanted to go for a ride today. It's 34 deg out, sun is brightly shining, and my driveway and road entrances are slick and slushy making it treacherous in and out of my driveway. I think I'll have to put the plow back on the truck and plow the slushy stuff into piles that will turn into glaciers at the next onset of winter weather so I can ride again to record another riding day in January.

Comment

Rode my bike for my work rounds today. Cool in the a.m. at plus 2 (34) got up to 8 (46) and SUNNY. Great to get out Jan. 27TH!
                    No signature

Comment

I know you guys will hate me after the previous posts....i went to tennis practice today,76F.little windy(Santa Anas),georgeous day!(don't ask how much life cost here though...this is a little relief) Cheers...Gabor

Last edited by caligs; 01-28-2012, 01:37 PM.
                      Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
                      Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
                      '84 Honda VFR 500
                      '86 GSXR 750
                      http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Not so lucky here, wicked storm blasting us.

I'm jealous.

Click on the above link for a peek.

Comment

Still ice on the river, temps in the 40's and it's the end of January in NH...an excuse to get out on the GS450 rat bike. Boy, I'm glad I sold my snowmobiles.

Comment

Winter riding-frozen carbs

Hi,

I might ride later today after I do some yard work and give my Jessie a bath. But I thought I'd share this with you. Forgive me if you've seen it before.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Did a high speed run to the city ,50km,pulled up at a friends house and went to turn off ignition, NO BLOODY KEYS .The only bike key as well.Rode up and down motorway till had to get home as petrol was getting low now just enough fuel left in locked tank to get to locksmith.One of the few downsides of living rurally you have to travel to get anything

Comment

I should have ridden today, but I'm an idiot.

Been waiting for weeks to work on the bike because, "It might warm up and I can get a ride in." Finally decided this a.m. to replace the front sprocket, took the cover off and discovered that I don't have the right size socket. Decided it could wait until late in the afternoon when I went to pick up my son from track practice.

Didn't go outside until late afternoon and then discovered it was 56 degrees in Indy today. Arrrgh.

Comment

Working...
                                X