No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Rapids Blues On THe Mall. Samatha Fish.

Leonard Road thru corn fields and cow pastures to Grand Rapids.

Samantha Fish

Someone elses Better vidio of her and same drummer and bassist (other occassion).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhSY4ms1gA&feature=related

Last edited by Redman; 07-21-2012, 05:23 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Some of the bikes around (amounst the hundreds of H-Ds)

Wheel rim was wider than tire and extended out beyound the bead of the tire, and spokes go through that part that is wider than the tire.

View of about 1/3rd of parking lot. I overheard some guys walking past, "oh @#$#%@# this must be the rice corner."

With the kickstarter-bungiecord mod.

There in background is my GK.
      And further back across the street is the VanAndel auditioium. See all that glass.
      A couple terrible loud choppers took off and I think I saw every one of those windows shaking. Or maybe it was my eyeballs deforming from the sound pressure waves. Scheesch.

Last edited by Redman; 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
        Just up the neighbors' steep driveway & back after a little wrenchy-wrenchy ... (including better clutch cable actuation as schooled to me by chef1366!)

Well? Aren't you going to share this "clutch actuation mod"????
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
          Well? Aren't you going to share this "clutch actuation mod"????
          Nothing to share ... had the lower arm slightly mis-aligned. My mistake.
          'modifying my screwup.'
          Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Nothing to share ... had the lower arm slightly mis-aligned. My mistake.
            'modifying my screwup.'
            lol, I hate when that happens...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
              The Great River Road is sort of a generic name for most of the roads that follow the Mississippi, from Minnesota through Wisconsin and along Illinois, Iowa and Missouri, on south.

Here's a rather unflattering description. I think it's probably far more worthwhile from Savannah northward, but it's respectably scenic south to the I-80 slab.

South of that -- well, LoopGaroo recommends Rt. 26 from roughly Starved Rock to around Peoria. I haven't done that stretch yet, but I will soon. I've done the Hannibal, MO area and the bridge at Alton -- pretty impressive at times.

There are tons of web references to the GRR, for each state that abuts or carries the Mississippi. The ride from Chicago to Savannah is at best ho-hum until you reach Rt. 20 beyond Rockford or so, and then it really improves.

What I recommend is Scenic Ridge Road aka Derinda Rd. from Elizabeth south, (link in my first post), which is the only length I'd describe as 'breathtaking' within 200 miles of my home (Joliet, south of Chicago). It's just phenomenal. You can find numerous views of this on Youtube (and certainly elsewhere).
              I've ridden at least 2000 miles of the GRR, but, not all at once, it's been in bits and pieces covering 5 states, MN, WI, IA, IL and MO. Mostly fun and scenic roads, some have been quite ho-hum. It is neat to try and follow the river, though, cross over from IL to IA at Sabula, IA and you'll go thorugh IA's only island city. From IL to IA it's an iron grate bridge, very interesting ride.

Comment

It would seem that river roads are some of the nicest and most scenic roads I have ridden. Riding along the Kankakee river down here is a pretty nice ride...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

Comment

No pictures of the ride, but the heat finally broke today. Actually got a bit of rain.

Decided to gear up and enjoy it. Jacket and pants are made of mesh and at first I was cold. Thought about going back for a sweatshirt or liner, but decided to enjoy being cold after a long stretch of above '90's temps instead.

Pretty deserted out there today. Made it very enjoyable. Have to figure out how to mount my GoPro so I can get some video.

Comment

Just up the neighbors' steep driveway & back over & over after a little wrenchy-wrenchy ... (including better clutch cable actuation as schooled to me by chef1366!)

You should bring her to the next rally!
                    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
                    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
                    '84 Honda VFR 500
                    '86 GSXR 750
                    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Originally posted by caligs View Post
                      You should bring her to the next rally!
                      You should bring yourself! We'll see you there.
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Texas, today too hot for man or beast, triple digit heat. 4:30m strong storms blew through, the roads were so hot the water dried fast, about 6:30 went exploring for two hours on my old 82 1100E, great ride mostly under 35MPH, but I did get medieval with it a few times. Great ride, great temp about 80F.

Comment

I got an email last week mentioning that Charlie Boorman (Ewan McGregor's buddy form Long Way Round and Down) was shooting an adventure series in South Africa and they were shooting the final episode this past Sunday and all bikers were invited to join. We were there pretty early and as expected it was mostly the weekend warrior BMWs rocking up, 1 Buell and a few other makes. I would guess about 150+ bikes in the end - weather was crappy!

But he is a really nice guy and made time to chat and pose with everybody.

Comment

Regardless of the weather it looks like a bit of fun Wally! What did you ride there? The 450? I don't see it in the pic's...
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Was cold and rainy, but cleared up a bit. Went on the Buell (middle pic, second from bottom left - if that makes sense?)

Still need to sort out the charging issue first before I would take it out on along run. Battery goes dead in 40km round trip to work and back. Don't have energy (or understanding) to tackle electrical stuff...

Comment

Aaah I see it, the one with the top box

And this link will get your charging system sorted

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X