anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more.......

Then it was off to view Ken Glaswgow's interesting art work. A little off the beaten path......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

We did....see the "ACH ride soon" thread @ the meetingplace section...
      Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
      Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
      '84 Honda VFR 500
      '86 GSXR 750
      http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

GREAT pictures Garth, thanks for sharing. Some really nice looking bikes in there including that 1000G.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

That's Kilowop's from the BCCMC site. A Kamloops member and super interesting guy to talk to.
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Wow! That is a real zany place that you guys visited. Looked like fun! Some of those bikes are spectacular as well. That black and chrome Royal Enfield, is that the bike that Chris slobbers over all the time? Speaking of Chris, his KZ750 looks as good as ever, he's one meticulous guy!
            IBA# 12860
            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
            1984 KZ1100R
            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Actually that would be black and aluminum. A Royal Enfield tank and frame { modified of course }, a Hillman car engine into a Norton gearbox. Absolutely everything is fabricated by Peter. Fenders, turn signals, instrument housings, even the mirrors were fabricated. The guy is a friggin genius. Damn nice guy too....
              1983 GS 750

Comment

I got out Saturday and Sunday on my new-to-me ZX600. I am really getting a good feeling from this bike and it sure is a whole load of fun to blast the twisty roads on.

Sunday was especially cool, my normal riding group met up with some other friends impromptu and joined up for a bigger group ride. They are all serious sport bikers on some serious hardware. Two guys on Zx-14's, a Ducati 748, an
                MV Agusta Brutale, and a track ready FZR1000. And me on my little '92 Ninja 600R.

A whole lot of horsepower in one place.

Our friend's Brutale, and the guy who wished he owned it . It's a great sounding, and looking bike, and always generates some attention.

Like every good ride, it ended up with everyone home safe. My black Ninja and the FZR race bike before getting put away. (the Ninja lives at my friends place since its too nice to not put in a garage...)

Other than having a whole boat load of fun I was pretty thrilled when one of the ZX14 guys wanted to buy my bike. He was ready to give me double what I paid for it, but I just told him it wasn't for sale. I love my new bike.

Comment

I was out on my GSX yesterday!

Yeah, the newer GSX.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Went on a 500mi two day ride with a mixed bag of 17 other biker friends last weekend. About two thirds of the bikes were Harleys of various models (I don't know much about Harleys so I don't know what they were). Don't have any pics, but a funny thing happened that I thought I would share with you guys.

For one leg through a very open rural area I wound up leading the pack. As I'm cruising along doing about 70mph one of the Harleys pulls up along side me. It's a stripped-down 103 cubic inch "big-twin" and the rider yells that he wants to "run" me. Huh? He yells for me to slow down to 40mph and then he'll give me the signal for us to "go". Seriously? OK, I'll play along and see what the "big-twin" can do.

Slow down to 40mph, and wait for his signal. I'm in 3rd gear and plan to drop it down to 2nd and whack it wide open when he gives the signal. There it is - 2nd gear and WOT - engine jumps to 8,000rpm and starts pulling like a rocketship! Front end is light and coming up - shift my weight forward - 3rd gear and then 4th gear. Glance over from the tach to the speedo and see that I'm well into the triple digits and decide thats fast enough. Sit up, slow down and look around - the "big-twin" is waaaay behind me.

When we pull into the next fuel stop the rider of the "big-twin" and some other Harley guys come over to check out the GS. The guys says "damn that thing is fast. What size motor is that?" I tell him that its "only" 1166cc or about 67 cubic inches. Looking at my Top-End-Oiler steel-braided lines he says "you got nitrous on it don't you?" Tell him nope, it's all motor. Then one of the other guys crouches down and is taking a close look at the motor when he says "hey! he's got four carbs on this thing - that's what must make it so fast!" Huh? I got nothing to respond to that with! It was like they had never seen an inline four before! Guess they must of figured that the GS had to have one carb like their V-twins did.

They are a great bunch of guys and I wound up giving them a quick overview of the GS's engine. They were surprised at how much power came out of "only" 67 cubic inches. For the rest of the trip they only "ran" each other as they all had a front row seat when the GS put a beat-down on the "big-twin".

I really need to take it down to Gateway Raceway and see what it will do in the 1/4 mile and use some of those conversion calculations to estimate the power. I'm a terrible launcher so I'm sure I wouldn't be very consistent and that would throw off the calculations. Or maybe I'll have to get the GS over to Rudy at QuickTime Motorsports so he can put it on the dyno and see how much power it's making cause I really don't know what it's putting out. Whatever it is putting out it sure is an adreniline rush riding it!!
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

^^That's a great story!

I went for a ride with my friend who has a Kawasaki Vulcan...it's also a v-twin (I believe). Anyway, I don't normally ride with anyone and he asked me to lead. Well, I led and lost him. When we met up again he said, "your bike is fast!"

Ed
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-04-2013, 08:06 AM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                        .................................................. .............Then one of the other guys crouches down and is taking a close look at the motor when he says "hey! he's got four carbs on this thing - that's what must make it so fast!" Huh? I got nothing to respond to that with................
                        You could tell them that horsepower is torque TIMES rpm.
                        And, maybe could also say; If are going to use an engine design that limits the rpm just so it looks and sounds a certain way, well, then are limiting horsepower too.

Great story of an interesting ride/ experience.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Last weekend a few of us took our non GS bikes for a bit of a ride in Michigan's UP. Despite the rain and swarms of mosquitoes we managed to have a good time.

Bikes before we left the cabin.

Some of the roads we travel on.

And the bikes upon return fro the days travels.

I look forward to more dual sport riding in the future.

Comment

Awesome pics, Whitedog. Offroading is my favorite, tons of fun with no cages.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                              Awesome pics, Whitedog. Offroading is my favorite, tons of fun with no cages.
                              Absolutely a blast. 85 miles in about 5 1/2 hours and never got more than 20 miles from the cabin we stayed at. Its not alway about going fast .

Comment

Gave my 750 a bath tonight and decided to be a tourist in my own city...

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X