No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAturday, rode to grandkids soccer match, then had a few hours.
    Was deciding between riding north to nowhere in particular,
    . . . . or east into Grand Rapids to the BMW dealer.

Dealer having an open house to see the two new R18 models, which I knew not really interested in.
    But, hey, would like to at least see, and , hey, free lunch.

Got there about 1030, and they keept saying I could take any one of these three out front out for a ride.

THe Transcontentail, the B (bagger), the original R18.
    Sat on the Transcontnetial. Man was it heavy to lift off the sidestand, but low seat heigth.

Was interesting to see that the drive shaft is exposed, like the beemers from, say, the 40s. Yah, shaft and u-joint spiining around right behind the passenger foot.

Did get some lunch, and wandered around. Looked in the used barn, and then found way into the back room.
    Hey, here is my old '02 1150RT that they took in on tradein.

I recognized the front fender, and then other specific things.
    They probably made up what tradein value allowance in just selling off the seat, body work and faring.

Afterwards went on ride further east. Didnt stop for pics, but did find a couple covered bridges.

Fallasburg bridge, and Whites Bridge.

Home about 330pm.
    Maybe one of the last 80 degF days.
    Last edited by Redman; 09-20-2021, 09:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
      You're posting a lot of pics with the Beamer lately. Is the GK in the shop?
      Yep, Dave, GK has been In my garage shop, since May 2020, sitting like this :

Your inquiry has prompted me to up my resolution to get at this project.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Glad I could help. Saw your post with the soup can and piston rings. Did you try a hose clamp? Works somewhat.

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Oh man Dave...if I lived closer I would be right over to tidy that shop up! Lol
          No signature

Comment

It's been since June 14th I swung a leg over a bike, on Monday September 20th was the first day back in the saddle, after deer incident.

7 sessions for maybe 60 laps @ Ridge Motorsports Park. Solo mission, still good times to carry the buzz thru winter.

20210920_164946 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

A couple weeks ago I was out for a ride, and saw another RT. I was going to look closer and wave, but a traffic situation happened that diverted my attention, and the RT went by without me noticing anything more, I didn't even wave.
              Somehow he recognized me, and he managed to find a way to contact me.

Him and I worked together for 10 years, 1993-2003, so, 18 years ago.
              Back when I had Suzuki GS650G , he had VFR.
              (and, I bought the 850G from a friend of his.)

He got a new 2019 RT a couple years ago. Water cooled, shift cam, adjustable suspension, ride modes.

Today he lead us for about 100 mile ride, on roads he knew south of Holland MI , including stopping for lunch in South Haven.
              Was good to "catch up" on things in our lifes, us both retired now.
              We agreed that we should do it again. Maybe next time I lead on some roads I know north of here.

Doah, my selfie pic of us was suppose to have the South Haven lighthouse in background. Can see some of the pier & catwalk.

Last edited by Redman; 09-24-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Very cool, Dave...very cool!
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Now, that's a nice story Redman. You are just all-around active with family & friends. We appreciate your updates!

Carter Turk...and all the GSR members here, thank you for inputs to this thread.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

How much do you get out on your 750, Ed?
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      How much do you get out on your 750, Ed?
                      For the time being...I'm living vicariously through you lot!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        For the time being...I'm living vicariously through you lot!

Ed

Is your 750 running? What's keeping you off it, buddy?
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Sort of a ride I guess. Bought another bike today, 08 GS1250, hopped up Holeshot exhaust, tuner, high windshield, Sargeant seat etc. Bought it a few towns away so put a couple hundred KM on it. This shot is just a few KM away from my house.
                          Attached Files
                          1986 1150EF
                          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Last night I had two separate dreams about riding big red. No pics, though. Like Don Juan said, "A sorcerer can go to the moon, but he can't bring back a bag of rocks."

So I need you guys to live vicariously through. Thanks.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Good turnout at Rust Is Gold Coffee this morning. My wife and I had a cup-o-joe and wandered around for a bit. Turns out we have very different taste in bikes. The Indian dealership was there giving demo rides. I was reluctant to ride any of them at the moment, but now wish I had. They had two FTR's to demo and they didn't sit still for long. Lots of Indians in the lot, hard to see from this angle in this pic though. My wife was rather impressed with the Springfield. That was really the only one she mentioned liking. I really liked the looks of a Triumph scrambler 1200. Sure would like to ride one if I get the chance. Of course we were both glad to get on the old GS850 though. It still has our love and respect.

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

GBW came out my way Saturday morning and we did a 190 mile loop from Tellico Plains back to our place. The route was Cherahola Skyway to 129 south in Robbinsville to 19/74 to Wayah Road to 28 north to 129 (Deal's Gap) to Foothills Parkway then down from the parkway through some small country roads back to our place. I've ridden all these roads before but never strung them all together. I have to say it was a pretty excellent route. The only downer was when we had to stop and wait for an hour or more near the end of Deal's Gap for a serious motorcycle crash. An older couple on a Gold Wing Trike lost control and went off the road into a deep forested ravine. We didn't go look at the aftermath but apparently both rider and passenger were dead at the scene. Rather sobering but we must realize that this hobby has risks.

Pics?....Nope, we were too busy hustling around twisty roads. The weather was about perfect too so it was about as good a riding as one could expect.

Thanks,
                                Joe
                                IBA# 24077
                                '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                                '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                                '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
                                X