No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed the fall Foliage this weekend although the leaves are not peaking as well due to abnormally warm weather.

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I had a NW Arkansas trip last week, sorry no pics. I trailered the Triumph to Bentonville and got there around 3 pm. Nice little 110 mile ride on Monday. Then on Tuesday a beautiful day and 300 miles.

Wednesday when I got ready to leave the hotel, it was sprinkling and so I figured no big deal. Well, an hour later I learned my rain gear was substandard to say the least so I cut my ride short and had an early dinner then jumped in the truck for a 20 mile drive south to Fayetteville because they had a Cycle Gear store.

Walked in and asked for some good rain gear and was sold a pair of pants, jacket and "waterproof" gloves.

Thursday rolled in with the high probability of rain/storms and the forecasts were spot on. The entire day was rain and fog and guess what? My new rain gear leaked big time. Those waterproof gloves held so much water, when I took them off I could wring them out just like a sponge.

The only good thing that happened that day was meeting up with Greg (GBW) who rode over from Tennessee because he knew I would be there and he felt sorry for me, I guess.

I showed him a nice route to get us up to Harrison which is where he was staying Thursday night and after he checked in to his hotel, we had a nice late afternoon/early evening meal and then I headed back to Bentonville.

A pretty crappy couple of days but they were still better than any days I ever remember when I was working full time.

Once I got back to Omaha, I was able to return the previously purchased rain gear for a full refund so that eased the pain somewhat. Sorry for no pics, but I will have some to post tomorrow that should be of interest.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Usually bringing rain gear keeps the rain away.
        And yes, a rainy day of riding is still better than a good day at work. Haha.
        I do like your method of motorcycle touring. Truck and motorcycle trailer. The Tiger is a perfect motorcycle for that. Easy to load/unload, and fun to ride when you're there. 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Got out on the DR today...74kms on it now...it's going to take a while to break in lol

No signature

Comment

This past Sunday in our local newspaper there was a story about a Burr Oak tree that has lived for 377 years. Unbelievable, so naturally, I had to go check it out.

Turned out to be a beautiful day with a high of 78° and the Suzuki ran like it did when it was new. Did 350 miles total and spent about 8 hours out running around.

IMG_20211019_132835943_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

Couldn't get the bike very close to it since it had the audacity to grow in a ravine about 30-40 feet below the road

I'm no Dave Redman but this is my attempt at a selfie.

IMG_20211019_133535758 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

Here's a better one that I asked for a helper to show I was there.

IMG_20211019_132328048_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

Here's the steps going down into the ravine to get up close and personal with the tree.

IMG_20211019_133055064_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

One more. Thats the tree closest to the trail with the darker green color.

IMG_20211019_133134321_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
            Last edited by alke46; 10-21-2021, 12:29 AM.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

One more just to show a size comparison. Not as huge as I would have thought but then I was informed that oaks don't usually grow real tall.

IMG_20211019_132150789_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Looks like a great day, Larry.
                Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Lookin' good Larr! You're looking pretty good too! I'm glad the 1000e is running good for you. Just think, when that tree was planted, you were just a young boy! 😅
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    Lookin' good Larr! You're looking pretty good too! I'm glad the 1000e is running good for you. Just think, when that tree was planted, you were just a young boy! 

Thanks Norm for your humor, but actually I wasn't even a twinkle in my father's eye yet.
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

This'd be the only time of year that jacket is camouflage!

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                        This past Sunday in our local newspaper there was a story about a Burr Oak tree that has lived for 377 years. Unbelievable, so naturally, I had to go check it out.
                        That is enough to be fun these days, Eh.

Good enough reason for a ride anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. and the Suzuki ran like it did when it was new. . . .
                        THe one you need to order gaskets for? Or already got the gaskets and got it back together?

I'm no Dave Redman but this is my attempt at a selfie.
                        har har
                        Hey, it shows you at the scene.

One trick is to first figure out the camera, then pose for pic, then look at lens (not screen), then take picture.

Hey, Lar, Thanks for pics and story. Good to see you out enjoying life.
                        So, you do have things there more exciting than corn fields. .. .. .. Old trees.

That looks like a lot of steps to up and down.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Got out on the DR today...74kms on it now...it's going to take a while to break in lol
                          Nice pics Trev.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Nice pics Trev.
                            Thanks Dave. Got out for lunch on it today but that will probably be it for a week or so.....lots of rain coming.
                            No signature

Comment

[B][QUOTE=Redman;
                              THe one you need to order gaskets for? Or already got the gaskets and got it back together.

[/B]
                              Yeah, the gaskets are on order. I have to do a better job this time of honing the cylinders. I guess I was afraid I would go too far the last time I did it and did not get a good enough job done. On my 350 mile ride on Tuesday, it required 40 ounces of oil to bring the level back up to just below the
                              upper line on the sight glass. Very frustrating to be running that well but consuming so much oil. And no, it is not visible when running down the road.

Hey, Lar, Thanks for pics and story. Good to see you out enjoying life.
                              So, you do have things there more exciting than corn fields. .. .. .. Old trees.

That looks like a lot of steps to up and down.

Definitely got my workout in on those steps. I went down and back up 3 times. The last time I thought I saw Jesus.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I'll be taking a little 60 mile sortie across one of the local reservations today to meet a friend with whom I am conspiring to build a very different sort of school from anything around this state.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X