No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for a very short one, but my butt got wet. Do you have any tips on removing snow from the saddle?
    GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

I went for a very short one, but my butt got wet. Do you have any tips on removing snow from the saddle?
      Open the saddle, wrap a big plastic sack around it and then it all just lifts away next time.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

….and your worried about riding in Texas!?
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          ….and your worried about riding in Texas!?
          Today was my last motorcycle fun, I'll probably wait til march to be able to take it out here again.

I got it into my shed though:

Previous person who lived here sawed a hole in the wall of the sports storage attached shed (is there a more consise word for that in english) and put on hinges so she could park her bike inside. Pretty neat solution. But the ramp was slippery and so was the ground (I have a grass problem in my driveway).
          GS1000G 1981

Comment

I took the bike out yesterday. 3rd ride overall after a 30+ year layoff. Went around block 2X and only stalled it 1x. The main roads are going to have to wait.

sigpic
            1980 GS750L

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Wrigley View Post
              I took the bike out yesterday. 3rd ride overall after a 30+ year layoff. Went around block 2X and only stalled it 1x. The main roads are going to have to wait.
              I find my bike is somewhat stall prone when I ride it cold. Usually it is much more forgiving after reaching operating temp.

I am sure if you keep at it you will be back in the zone in no time. Just remember to take it easy on the throttle in the beginning. Here I don't ride in the winter and I have to be very cautious in the spring.
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

I was able to get out on the bikes this past weekend. With temperatures in Mid 50's-60's and with brilliant sunshine it was a perfect weekend for riding. Sunday afternoon I spotted a Hot Air Balloon, I decided to track it. We crossed paths about three times with yelling and waving to each other. I'm getting off work at noon today, I have a appointment with "The Doctor" maybe I'll head south to the Ohio River. Oh, "The Doctor" is the name of the FJR... I always feel better after a appointment with The Doctor ...🌞
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Gorgeous morning ride couldn't sleep so left for a sunrise spin.

bit brisk, Frost built up on the bike in the AM

Than spent the bulk of the day Turning the Monkey into a 3 wheeler, equipped with snow tires!

I took my 6 month pregnant wife for a spin around the yard per her request. She was laughing the whole time. She dismounted and said, "I'm so glad our daughter is going to be joining for us on this wild ride" While she hugged her belly bump... Life is good and motorcycles just make it better.

Best,
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Previous person who lived here sawed a hole in the wall of the sports storage attached shed (is there a more consise word for that in english)
                    Normally just call it a lean-to shed, but they can be all sizes.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Sunny and 15C [59F], so rare for this time of the year.
                      Out for three hours going absolutely nowhere.

Queenston Ontario to Lewiston NY Bridge in the background, open for the first time for non-essential travel since the start of the Pandemic.

Last edited by steve murdoch; 11-08-2021, 10:51 PM.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Nice Sunday mountain ride yesterday. Not quite the shot I was looking for to submit for pic of the week so thought I might as well post it here.

Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Coolest Honda ever? CBX, this one almost looks like a Benelli though!
                          1986 1150EF
                          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Than spent the bulk of the day Turning the Monkey into a 3 wheeler, equipped with snow tires!

I took my 6 month pregnant wife for a spin around the yard per her request. She was laughing the whole time. She dismounted and said, "I'm so glad our daughter is going to be joining for us on this wild ride" While she hugged her belly bump... Life is good and motorcycles just make it better.

Best,
                            STOP! Too Cool-Too Cute! I'm giggling helplessly and I'm not even in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                              Coolest Honda ever? CBX, this one almost looks like a Benelli though!
                              This picture in post #11322 is not showing up on the forum. And we NEED to see a pic of this CBX. I may be able to help with posting pics. Let me know. Or follow the link in my signature about using Imgur.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Best,
                                I NEED to see a video of this thing in the snow --- MUST SEE ! OMG
                                Currently in the Stable :
                                2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                                1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                                - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
                                X