anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by free99 View Post
    Nice bike trevor. It's really fascinating to see how motorcycles of yore evolved into the lean mean machines they are now.

I wonder whether the new gen will hold up as well as our 40 year old bikes.
    Thanks. I think they will hold up well...at least this one will....if you take care of them.
    No signature

Comment

Less cleaning - More riding !

My bikes are not the most attractive thing in the parking lot -
      But they often have the most miles on them

(Winter is hard upon me - -10 for the last week )
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post

Less cleaning - More riding !

My bikes are not the most attractive thing in the parking lot -
        But they often have the most miles on them

(Winter is hard upon me - -10 for the last week )
        Lol...mine are most often both.
        No signature

Comment

No ride today.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              You didn't tell me you move. Lol.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

-6 for the high temperature here today. Tomorrow morning is predicted to be -22..…...

Did I ever tell you I hate winter?

edit:. hopefully next week my Triumph will be in the back of my truck heading out to Mesa, Az.
                Last edited by alke46; 02-15-2021, 03:13 PM.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

After a miserably cold week in USAF survival school in early 1983, 'sleeping' out for a week in -30 temps, my friends and I dropped a pal off in Offutt on the way to NYC. It was well below zero there. The rest of us were headed to Athens. He wasn't impressed with our immature and cruel taunts like "hey if you get to Athens, look us up, we'll be at the beach".

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                  -6 for the high temperature here today. Tomorrow morning is predicted to be -22..…...

Did I ever tell you I hate winter?

edit:. hopefully next week my Triumph will be in the back of my truck heading out to Mesa, Az.
                  Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                  '79 GS100E
                  Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I went for a nice ride up the Ortega highway on the Mr. Turbo today. A beautiful day at about 75 and sunny, and no better thing to be doing than goosing a turbo up the canyons. It gets blindingly fast above 7K, I have never had anything like it. I have taken it easy on the first few rides, and now am getting a bit wristy with it. It's an occasional rider, and I really hope to get the 1000E set up for more sane riding. Since it has the same bones as the 1000E the handling is solid. I didn't take any pics but at the Lookout roadhouse there were a lot of folks taking pics.
                    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                    '79 GS100E
                    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Most all of February has been well below freezing, and a few significant snow falls.

But 40degF today.
                      Rare, for February, sunny clear blue sky
                      Snow has been melting a little bit each day of the last 3 days.
                      Roads are dry.
                      So, hey, can get out for a February ride.

Departing driveway

Head out, on roads that somewhat follow the river,
                      Stopped for pic

Cross river, and come back on other side of river
                      Stopp along side of road, just to see what can see.

Into town and check out the beach/pier area. Looks like fairly heavy clouds on horizon, so probably not the sunset that would like for a sunny day.

40 mile ride. Which is twice my January ride.
                      Last edited by Redman; 02-26-2021, 09:32 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks awesome Dave!
                        I need a ride in a big way. I'm at 72 hours of work this week and I'm heading back in.
                        Enjoy and get some miles for those of us that can't!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

On Tuesday (2/23/21) the glaciers in my driveway in Indy finally receded enough to trailer the new kid to the BMV and get legal. I don't know how it is where you live, but we have this totally stoopit law here that vehicles purchased out of state have to have a "VIN Inspection", where an official or a cop has to verify that the VIN matches the title and that it isn't listed as stolen. I live in the city, and the cops won't come to your house to do this, so you have to bring the bike to the bureaucrats.

(For non-US folks, as far as the laws around vehicles, the US is made up of 50 enemy countries with completely different processes and laws, written in completely different languages that only appear to be English. It's a mess.)

ANYWAY. The excruciating pain of bureaucracy, paperwork, fees, and taxes is over for the time being. Time to bundle up and ride.

This right here is a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 . After much contemplation and many months of squirreling away pennies, I finally made the leap into a modern bike with ABS and all that. I bought it from a gent in Missouri, and the retrieval mission was carefully planned COVID-19 safe blitzkrieg 2-1/2 weeks back, literally the day before the subzero temps and a foot of snow slammed into Indy.

I believe the proper British expression for my mood would be "well chuffed".

And yep, I don't like windshields. The Madstad installed by the previous owner is not going to be reinstalled; the bike works very well naked, even better than I had hoped. Nice smooth flow of air against my chest and helmet.

The bike feels incredibly light compared to my V-Strom and GS850G. And of course, the engine is an absolute gem. This thing is a beast.

Temps are headed into the high 50s in Indiana today, so I'll be back this evening with some more pics...

Here's a bonus pic from the trip homewards... we just had to take a look at Uranus.

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

The FJ-09 or Tracer 900 GT is what I'm getting next season... Great machine! The motor is a fing Gem! Congrats Brian your going to love it! I know some guys that do light duty ADV riding with them too so I'm sure it's going to be the perfect bike for you, going on all the random roads! CONGRATS ON THE NEW BIKE! Happy for ya man!

VIN checks are so dumb and frustrating. My State does them, sometimes. I found a DMV where I can flirt with the clerk and get off of them. My FZ6 needed title and VIN (from NH) but just some small talk to find out she's a neighbor and weasel in local story we find commonality on and all of a sudden BAM! No VIN check needed.

Small town (and state) life does have it's advantages!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                              On Tuesday (2/23/21) the glaciers in my driveway in Indy finally receded enough to trailer the new kid to the BMV and get legal. I don't know how it is where you live, but we have this totally stoopit law here that vehicles purchased out of state have to have a "VIN Inspection", where an official or a cop has to verify that the VIN matches the title and that it isn't listed as stolen. I live in the city, and the cops won't come to your house to do this, so you have to bring the bike to the bureaucrats.

(For non-US folks, as far as the laws around vehicles, the US is made up of 50 enemy countries with completely different processes and laws, written in completely different languages that only appear to be English. It's a mess.)

ANYWAY. The excruciating pain of bureaucracy, paperwork, fees, and taxes is over for the time being. Time to bundle up and ride.

This right here is a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 . After much contemplation and many months of squirreling away pennies, I finally made the leap into a modern bike with ABS and all that. I bought it from a gent in Missouri, and the retrieval mission was carefully planned COVID-19 safe blitzkrieg 2-1/2 weeks back, literally the day before the subzero temps and a foot of snow slammed into Indy.

I believe the proper British expression for my mood would be "well chuffed".

And yep, I don't like windshields. The Madstad installed by the previous owner is not going to be reinstalled; the bike works very well naked, even better than I had hoped. Nice smooth flow of air against my chest and helmet.

The bike feels incredibly light compared to my V-Strom and GS850G. And of course, the engine is an absolute gem. This thing is a beast.

Temps are headed into the high 50s in Indiana today, so I'll be back this evening with some more pics...

Here's a bonus pic from the trip homewards... we just had to take a look at Uranus.

Fudge Factory in Uranus, eh?
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got out for a spin on my Cooley to go look at a 1978 gs1000e for sale locally....guy is way too high on price....then I got my new bike out too.
                                Downloaded a new map for the power commander from Hindle...it's running great and sounds awesome with the Dyno Quick Shifter I put on..

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X