Page 2 of 1112 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Normk Guest

Having had the flu for 4 days haven't been out but likely will this afternoon. My two bikes are insured 365 and it is seldom that a week goes by when I cannot ride. Getting too old to take the ST1100 out in the snow but the GS may be fun.

The ST is very stable and effective so long as one is moving above a walking speed but a 28" inseam makes for challenges.

The GS850 is much easier to handle at crawling speeds but maybe a 250 would be a more intelligent ride in snow?

St Clair Shores, Michigan (sub of Detroit)

I rode yesterday - 28F here in Detroit.
    At work right now, logger on. Rode here today - high 30ies and sunny.

I love riding year round. Keeps me NEAR sane.
    Some days I think I do it for "the look" I get from the neighbors.
    After seeing me ride in the cold they tend to keep their distance - not a bad thing.
    85 1150E

BassCliff Guest

Smile

Hi,

It was a balmy 51F for my commute this morning.

We're due for a cold snap this weekend, into the 40s anyway. I like cold weather riding. I think my Jessie Blue likes it too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

DanTheMan Guest

Cool

I rode Tuesday. I think it was my last ride of the year. The high today was a balmy 32* F, it snowed a little bit the night before last, so my driveway and the road out front now have ice slicks on them. If I can't get out of my driveway without it slipping out from under me, I'm not riding.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCliff View Post
    Hi,

That is a beautiful shot.

I commute to work every day. It looks something like this:

http://youtu.be/Rq-Kyas4DEk

This video gets a little interesting at about 10:30.

It was 50F this morning, not too bad. It was 44F the other day. The mid-to-high 30s is as cold as it will ever get here, for my commute anyway. At night it will get below freezing, but not too often.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    I watched your ride to work video Cliff, I'm so sorry. If I ever get one of those video camera's I'll have to do one of my ride to work, a little more relaxing, it's one of the advantages of living in a small city. Trevor if you ever see a little red Kawasaki KH100 buzzing around town that would be me heading to work or doing errands, we'll have to connect one of these days.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Quote Originally Posted by azr View Post
    I watched your ride to work video Cliff, I'm so sorry. If I ever get one of those video camera's I'll have to do one of my ride to work, a little more relaxing, it's one of the advantages of living in a small city. Trevor if you ever see a little red Kawasaki KH100 buzzing around town that would be me heading to work or doing errands, we'll have to connect one of these days.
    Hey I think my buddy with the Kawa saw your bike at RJH the other day. Is that possiable? He said it sure was nice!!
    I'm planning on goung for a ride on the weekend if you wanna hook up for a coffee run? Got out again today and put on another 70km!
    Trevor

Yup that's me. Use it for work for the cheap insurance and free parking of course. I'll send you a PM with some info.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

This Sunday its supose to kiss 50' and be mostly sunny I think I'll hit the roads for a little jaunt. Just got to wash it now after every ride... They've been Brine-ing the roads. Such is the life of ridding all year round up here. I might take the 400! Just have to finish up some brake work...
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    1996 BMW R1100R
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

It was about 50 and drizzly misty rain here today, but i got the 76 750 Hondamatic back together so I couldnt resist a short ride. Went about 6 miles bit it was still fun to ride it again.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

The temp was 34 when I rode to school and 42 when I got out, then rode about 12 miles to check bike out.