Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    The 80 mph speedo is cute.
    That's freedom right there
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
      Nice ride up the Ortega Highway today.

There's nobody else at the Lookout? Weird!
      Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
      Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Yeah really dead, only one other bike there. Was late in the day but still surprised me how empty. Maybe that Arctic blast of 50 degree weather scared people off!

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
        There's nobody else at the Lookout? Weird!
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

image000004 by Tn, on Flickr

The GS is tucked in the garage, the riding in winter is best on gravel and dirt
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

First ride of the year... Brisk at 22' F Going to go back out for a bit tomorrow. Need to get it inspected.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Had some time this afternoon, was 40degF, roads clear and dry, and temps soon to be back to normal colder and more snow in forecast.
              So thought I better get out today, as might be the best chance for a January ride.
              Spent some time looking for the heated gloves wiring.... before I found was still in my old (crash) jacket, so took that jacket, as was loosing afternoon day light.

Was not out long, about 45 minutes, including gas stop. Only about 25 miles. But was good to get out.
              Last edited by Redman; 01-14-2021, 09:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have a special respect for those who ride when the temps are cold enough to maintain snow and ice....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  . . . . . . . those who ride when the temps are cold enough to maintain snow and ice....
                  I used to ride to work well into November, and start back in March..... but then one spring I found I had less tolerance of the cold, then recalled that had pneumonia that winter, and wondered if that had some effect. And that was 25 or so years ago.
                  And more recent years have taken other further hits in tolerating the cold. Especially this winter, and hum, was sick early this summer. Hum.... or maybe it was some other occurrence, like, ah, maybe my 68th birthday.

About 8 years ago I decide that heated gloves would be the best use of hundred fifty bucks and 24 watts for some heated gear. So got those, and that has made a big difference. Otherwize would be a no go.

At that time was when the battery operated heated gear was just coming out (and was then much more expensive). Now days most all available heated gear is battery operated, much more convenient to use than all the wiring and connectors.

THe RT has heated grips, but am not taking that bike out after was salt on the roads.

>>Later Note
                  I do try to find a day or two to go out in January, and a day or two in February, that the roads are dry and clear, even if just a short ride, so can say rode in every month of the year. Some years I don't find a day in February. On some of days that do go out might be ice in driveway, but Shadow is low enough and lite enough that can use feet as outriggers. Not take the RT nor the GK out due to the possible salt residue on roads, and too tall and heavy anyway (especially the RT).
                  Last edited by Redman; 01-15-2021, 02:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just heated grips... It was cold enough for salt not to work on my first blast of the season.
                    My buddies at Amen Moto put me on another episode
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Car was having the windscreen replaced so I picked up the better half and we went down the Cot Safe to have a look at these traditional fishing boats that people are building from scratch in the houses around the Safe. Sixteen feet, flat bottom, lapped pine planks and steel centreboard. Caulking the bottom is rope and tar.
                      Not my picture, the light was poor cotsafe.jpeg
                      97 R1100R
                      Previous
                      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

...Not anywhere NEAR the "dry cold" of Jedz' video, I've been wearing a fleece neck-warmer (neck-gaiter?) for the first time . It really helps! Should've had one years ago. I just can never close the top snaps of my jacket with too many clothes under and they're tight anytime i want to close them anyways. The neckgaiter goes higher and helps to seal the underside of what's a pretty windy helmet too.

Comment

No such issues with cold and snow here... it was hot and humid yesterday but beautiful clear blue skies and dry roads made for an awesome morning out.

Six Kats plus a couple of others in the mix and loads of fun.

IMG_4379 by starpoint73, on Flickr

We had a new fella on an XL with us as well so we showed him some of the more interesting detours and scenery on the way home as well.

IMG_4383 by starpoint73, on Flickr

I also finally got to lay eyes on the new Z900 and Katana in the Pitstop Cafe parking area as I'd not seen either in the metal yet. Unfortunately I didn't get to figure out who was riding them to have a chat and maybe a photo of the old with the new Katana.

IMG_4377 by starpoint73, on Flickr
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Did a quick run out to Beer Research to grab a 4-pack of Morning Sex. 70 degrees and sunny-couldn't ask for nicer weather. The bike in the foreground, a tatty 883 Iron, is owned by one of the brewery employees.

F6996EC0-D13D-480D-B459-8294EFED303B.jpg
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

80km [50mi] ride each way to and from San Bernardino. Cold last night, rainy almost the whole way back today. Brr, still love riding.

Gotta find waterproof or heated gloves though.
                              1982 GS 450L aka Lil' Red
                              1980 GS 1000G aka Big Red (Resto-mod WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by free99 View Post
                                80km [50mi] ride each way to and from San Bernardino. Cold last night, rainy almost the whole way back today. Brr, still love riding.

Gotta find waterproof or heated gloves though.
                                80km? Are you Canadian?
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X