anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Kittanning Pennsylvania. Jpaul, I was in your aria last Wednesday. Does this picture look familiar? It's under interstate 80 on rt268. Beautiful motorcycle riding!
    I haven't ridden up that way. I lived in Kittanning for a couple of years, but moved back to Cleveland. My job moved to Pittsburgh 5 years ago which is part of the reason I haven't been riding.
    JP
    1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
    1992 Concours
    2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
    2007 FJR

Comment

Continuing with my “not so brilliant ideas of things to do for pictures of my motorcycle”: parking on a metal grate bridge for a photo op.

This was maybe not such a great idea. Worked out, didn’t fall through.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

You're braver than me Rich
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ha, nice. Last time I was up that way I took a similar pic, but leaned the bike on the railing.
          I love those steel bridges.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            You're braver than me Rich
            I wouldn't have put it on the side stand either.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

200km ride up Island to Jordan River for some Chilli
              Around 10 (50) and partly cloudy.
              My body is tolerating the riding surprisingly well. Still no date on my hip replacement yet.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Ha, nice. Last time I was up that way I took a similar pic, but leaned the bike on the railing.
                I love those steel bridges.
                Me too. Especially at a good clip when you look straight down and see nothing but the river below. LOL.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  200km ride up Island to Jordan River for some Chilli
                  Cool. Chilli at the Cold Shoulder.

Nice group-bike shots.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    . . . . . . . . . . . parking on a metal grate bridge for a photo op.

(2018 Brown County) With a bit of luggage, have some other options. BUt did have it on just the grate, till got sidebag open.

As far as going for ride today. Yes, (and 5 of the last 6 days) but nothing different enough for a picture.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

First ride on my GL

Took the Wing for my first real ride on it since purchase last fall.
                      Did the cam belts, air filter, oil and filter, and stopped a pesky coolant leak.
                      I live 2 minutes from one of the 10 best rides in Canada,, so say the magazines,, so!
                      Rode to Creston for a load of fresh fuel and headed
                      up 3A along the Kootenay Lake. Beauty day for mid march here but cool just the same. The bike's tires are still good but have sat on 4 lane highways too much so a little square,, in the process of reshaping them on the twisties of 3A but getting over the "corner" of the edge keeps me attentive!!
                      Bike ran good but not used to the clunky trans and there seems to be slop in the rearend. I've ridden an 81 Suzi 850 for 20 years, the trans and rear are way smoother. Is there a rev limiter on these GLs? Over reved it a couple times and the motor went flat, need to get used to a redline about 1/2 of the Suzi,,,.
                      All in all great first run, rode it pretty hard, it didn't blow up and only complained when I over reved it.
                      Fred
                      Tried to upload pics but doing something wrong??
                      Edit

Attached Files
                      Last edited by XGMAN; 03-14-2021, 12:42 PM.
                      1981 GS850G
                      1989 GL1500

Comment

You need a sign like that for the accident intersection. "Titanium Hip cross roads"

Originally posted by trevor View Post

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Went to visit my dad at the hospital and knowing that my truck wouldn't fit in the parking garage, I rode the bike.

Came out to find this beemer squeezed in between my FJR and this Harley. Maybe they could paint the lines a tad closer together, but there were empty spots on both ends. I got out just fine but the owner of that big dressed HD may not have been too happy.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            Came out to find this beemer squeezed in between my FJR and this Harley. Maybe they could paint the lines a tad cl.
                            those dern Beemer riders !

Good that you could visit your dad in hospital, well, not good that you needed to, but good that you could.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              those dern Beemer riders !

Good that you could visit your dad in hospital, well, not good that you needed to, but good that you could.
                              That is good. No visitors allowed in our hospitals for a year now. 🙁
                              No signature

Comment

I was able to take the FJR out for a ride for the first time this year.
                                Three weeks ago I took it to the Yamaha shop for the transmission recall. Last week I decided to see how the job was coming along. I was told the "transmission kit" was on backorder and to come pick up my motorcycle. I'm not sure if the mechanic just didn't want to do the job or what. I came and picked up my motorcycle.
                                I'm thinking, I'm just going to ride the motorcycle for this summertime. Maybe I'll do the recall thing next fall. Fellows on the FJR forum have over 50,000 miles on their gen 3's with no problems. Do I want someone that is not sure of themselves tearing into my engine? I don't think so...
                                But anyway, it was so nice to get out on the big Yammer Hammer today! I took the back way to my favorite lunch spot. Then took the highway home. A nice 250 mile loop. 🙂
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X