anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rub it in, Pete, rub it in.

Neighbor across the street moved in from Florida this last summer. She's very excited to see her first "official snow." She's out shoveling.

Comment

Here's why I'm not riding. It's too cold to work on my bike in the unheated garage right now too, so I'm rebuilding pianos in my heated shop. It's a scorching -2* F outside right now, and I have to replace a cable on my plow rig out there.

Comment

Yeah, I'm up here with oldrookie. I just changed out jets on the bike so the carbs are dry. I have decided to wait until there is no snow on the ground to gas it up, tune the carbs, and go riding again. No clogged, jets, no worry. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
          I only got a light dusting so far, maybe a couple inches today, but, now it's time to finish the four wheeler project and get started on the vintage mercury snowmobile.

Oooooo...vintage Merc. snowmobile!!! Pics please.
          No signature

Comment

Looks like a fun project Old Skool!! I grew up with snowmobiles in Ontario. I miss them. Maybe someday I will get one to take up island where they get some snow. I came across this video, I think it is pretty awesome if you are into old snowmobiles. Great first song by Canada's legend Stompin Tom Connors!! Great tunes to this!
            Waconia Vintage Snowmobile Meet and RideDrive by of most of the sleds.Waconia, MN Jan 2011
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
              Ok, seems the winds took my tarp off, so here's a couple pics before I retarp it.....brrrrr, flip flops and a beanie to keep me warm Tank and seat cushions (in good shape no tears) in the garage.

Great looking sled, oldskool! Brings back a lot of memories. Grew up in northern Maine and remember a lot of those when they were the "hot new" sled out. Learned to ride on a Ski Doo like some of those in the video.

Comment

I took the GS1000 out yesterday, I couldn't help myself as it was 82 degrees and really nice. Sorry, no pic's, it would be just the same ole bike on the same ole roads.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Found one from earlier this week. Must have the date metadata setting wrong in my camera--it says it was taken in '08.

To the left of the main building you can see the prison where Mike Tyson spent his time in Indiana.

Comment

Katana Ride

Hi to all, the usual suspects have a regular Saturday ride and yesterday a few of us tagged along for the ride and although the weather didn't seem promising at 05:45 it turned out to be a dry ride which is always a good day!

Four Katanas were in the group and for those who like them, enjoy, cheers.
                    Shin-Ken 1074
                    1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                    1981 GSX1150 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight = 206 kg.

Comment

Another pic from yesterdays ride
                      Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Cheers Glen, was a great ride! Unfortunately I had to bail early at Woodford to get home in time but it was a very welcome break to my 3 week dry spell while getting the exhaust repaired.

My 450 is disgustingly filthy and I didn't end up taking the camera out of my pocket to get any pic's... however I did get some video footage which I'm copying off the camera as I type.

Will get some up in the next day or two.
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hi Pete, good to catch-up yesterday and lets hope this Summer is a lot drier than last year and we can get a few rides in while most of the crew has a bit of time off, cheers mate.
                          Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
                            Hi Pete, good to catch-up yesterday and lets hope this Summer is a lot drier than last year and we can get a few rides in while most of the crew has a bit of time off, cheers mate.
                            Damn straight, sounds like a plan!

Video's finished copying... I have footage of the camera tumble... but I for some reason the camera turned off during most of the twisties on the way to Mt Mee... how annoying!

And the exhaust is most definitely fruitier than when I left it with Tranzac... and the 450 is definitely a little more responsive... I like it
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hi,

I'm really digging the snowmobile pictures. Nice.

I went for a little ride today to get my hair cut.

And then I did a little more Christmas shopping on the way home. It was a nice 54*(F) during the heat of the day, partly cloudy. Perfect riding weather.

Merry Christmas and thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Did some xmas shopping today (Done!) and then came home to take delivery of a half cord of wood, got it stacked in the garage. Then the sun came out. I needed to buy a new axe, so good excuse to go for a ride to the local Crappy tire store.
                                This was taken at Emily Carr park. She was famous artist from Victoria. Weather temp was 5 or 6 degrees (40). Not summer but not bad for Canada in December!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X