Clear All

The Anacortes Oyster Run

IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Hi Folks, perfect weather here today in Queensland Australia for a ride. What could be better than taking the vintage Kat out for a blat? Having some of your friends bring their vintage Kats along to share the fun, 15 of them!

Kat Ride 4th Oct 2014 d14.jpg
      Shin-Ken 1074
      1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
      1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Another photo of the 15 Kats on todays ride.

Kat Ride 4 th Oct 2014 c14.jpg
        Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 10-04-2014, 04:20 AM.
        Shin-Ken 1074
        1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Only fifteen GS motorcycles out for a ride? The Midwest guys in the States are hard pressed to find two or three running GS models to go to a GS Rally.
          I thought that parts were difficult to come by and expensive down there. That is a beautiful sight to see for a person that is fond of GS bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
            Only fifteen GS motorcycles out for a ride? The Midwest guys in the States are hard pressed to find two or three running GS models to go to a GS Rally.
            I thought that parts were difficult to come by and expensive down there. That is a beautiful sight to see for a person that is fond of GS bikes.
            Lol....GSX1000E you sure seem upset about these guys with GS bikes not riding them. I have noticed in several of your posts (including a reference in the pnw thread appluading us for having so many gs bikes show up) your frustration. What's going on with that buddy?
            Sorry for the hijack...that's some collection of Katanas...and knowing what they sell for down there, that's a lot of $$$ in one parking lot.
            No signature

Comment

Yup pretty much a Harley love in. Didn't see another GS all day

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
              Minority on this Oyster day. I was at least 30 miles away from Annacortes. Funny the group thing, minimum of six people per group. drinking nasty budweiser and coors light.
              Had a longer ride planned, but a flat spot turned up at partial throttle, so I kept it short on the boinger.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                Only fifteen GS motorcycles out for a ride? The Midwest guys in the States are hard pressed to find two or three running GS models to go to a GS Rally.I thought that parts were difficult to come by and expensive down there. That is a beautiful sight to see for a person that is fond of GS bikes.
                We had 6-7 GS'S at the Brown County Rally this year. That was a good(Mid-West) turnout...Yes awesome Katana get together in Australia. Them guys really like there Kats.
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thanks for posting it Glen, that was a top day indeed! Seeing all those Kats is inspirational... really need to do something about not having one!!!

And i've been a bit remiss and haven't logged in here for ages...

There are some videos in my Youtube channel of the recent September ride and a Sunday morning ride I did with a fella from work.

No Youtube embedding on here so you'll have to click the link to my channel... enjoy!

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hi Pete, yeah it was a great day and made even better with 15 Kats roaring through the hills. Thanks for the vid link, the new camera is fantastic.

Cheers.
                    Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Took a ride out to our monthly get together at the Classic Motorcycle club for breakfast this morning.
                      Weather was good and the breakfast was as well, so all the biker types crawled out of the woodwork, damn, I love summer.

Toast, eggs, bacon and sausages hot and delicious

Chow down

Jennifer

Highly modifed Kat, bet it goes like stink

Perfect lines

Oooops, perfect lines

Comment

Flying brick cafe style

SB4 Bimota with GSX1100 engine

My buddy's FS1, he collects 50cc's, has just shy of 100 of them, seriously.

Kawa triple

Ring Ding Ding...RD250LC

Gorgeous Z900

Another stunning GS1000G that belongs to the owner of the bike shop down the road from me.

Comment

Eddie Lawson Replica
                          Not sure I would have modified a collectable bike like that, pretty silly I think.

And one more of Jennifer, just because she is so pretty.

Comment

Thanks for the pics.
                            Some beautiful bikes.
                            I especially like the cafe Beemer.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The Bayerishe is handsome;
                              Your Jennifer too;
                              Gullwing on a Kat? A bit too much for me;
                              Can you recall what is that appendix right below the left-hand turn light of the bike shop owner?

Having said that, where is the registration going to be accomodated on the K1000/750 ?
                              And what about the blinkers? And I bet the coin-sized tail light (if any) is going to do much for visibility. Take it as an humble advice to future resto-modders
                              Last edited by Lorenzo; 10-05-2014, 04:12 PM.
                              GS1000G '81

Comment

Aaaah Stan it's great to see Jennifer out and about at last!!! I haven't logged in for ages so it is great to jump in and see her out in all her glory

And Glen... cheers! The GoPro is definitely great stuff, lovin' it!
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X