No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. Glad to hear that you're back up and running. Enjoy!
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Did another Track Day @ the Ridge. The outside temp was a bit on the highside, probably near 100 degrees.
      To be a whiner, I'd prefer 68 degrees or so.
      Bike started and ran great, till the 2nd to last session, when I don't know what happened, the motor sputtered,
      and I thought I might not make back to the pits.
      With only one session left, I was bummed I couldn't do it, but clearly even the fast guys in the next group up were going slower from heat exhaustion.
      I wasn't sure if I could even do another session, starting to feel hazy in the head.
      Anyway, the bike made the call before I could and said "Your day is over".
      I wasn't going to fuss with it in that heat, and called it day.
      About 5 crashes, two red flags and numerous off track excursions into the "kitty litter" happened, only one delay in my group.
      Actually the "relaxed" group had no incidents, just the intermediates, and advanced.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

95 degrees today and my group decided it was time for a swim. We made our way south from Eugene on Sears Road, past Cottage Grove reservoir and through a series of forest service roads we finally ended up at Canton Creek off Hiway 138. Beautiful small waterfalls and pools about 10 feet deep to swim in.

Overall a beautiful ride, about 175 miles total. Another fine day in the Willamette Valley. Wish you were here.

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
        1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
        1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
        1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
          After THREE YEARS without riding, I was back on the road yesterday, a nice 80 mile loop in western West Virginia. So nice to be in the saddle again and get the little biker wave from other bikers. Major kudos to GSRick who made a functioning bike out of the pieces I sent him.

1983 Suzuki GS650GL by Kerry Bart, on Flickr
          Way to go kerfunk!

It's been two years since I've ridden and my bike is still sitting in the garage. I can just imagine how great it feels to ride again!

Nice looking bike!

Great day out for you oregonjake--beautiful area to ride and swim.

Ed
          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-07-2016, 07:52 AM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Cheers alke46. It is a Suzuki factory muffler off a late model bike. Works well. I had to modify it a little to fit the centre stand.
            Thanks Charlie G. It does look good large.
            gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
            gs850g 1980
            Previously owned
            gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
            gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Did you wind up in Texas Redman?
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
                95 degrees today and my group decided it was time for a swim. We made our way south from Eugene on Sears Road, past Cottage Grove reservoir and through a series of forest service roads we finally ended up at Canton Creek off Hiway 138. Beautiful small waterfalls and pools about 10 feet deep to swim in.

Overall a beautiful ride, about 175 miles total. Another fine day in the Willamette Valley. Wish you were here.

That looks like a great ride.
                1978 GS1000E
                1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                1981 GS1100E
                1982 GS1100E
                1982 GS1000SZ
                1983 GS1100ED
                1983 GS1100ESD
                1978 Honda CB750K
                1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Nice ride to work today. Dedicated parking for bikes. Found a spot next to a sweet FJR.

Great lunch spot in Dayton.
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

So that Old Hickory place pretty good? I often wonder what it's like when I drive by but I'm rarely in that area around lunchtime
                    sigpic
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                      Did you wind up in Texas Redman?
                      haa haa
                      no, here just a few miles out side of town, in a park along the river and a bayou.

No, but have been in Texas where there are places with bridges over creeks that look like they expect the creek to rize and run over the road on occassion. First clue is the big concreete aprons and the post with foot mark graduations going up about 12 feet.

See ya, the day after tommorrow.

Last edited by Redman; 06-07-2016, 09:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        So that Old Hickory place pretty good? I often wonder what it's like when I drive by but I'm rarely in that area around lunchtime
                        yep, I think they are, but City Barbeque is probably better....but costs more.
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          No, but have been in Texas where there are places with bridges over creeks that look like they expect the creek to rize and run over the road on occassion. First clue is the big concreete aprons and the post with foot mark graduations going up about 12 feet.
                          That pretty much describes east Texas. They are probably taking advantage of all of that about right now.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Well, not today, but last week. Couldn't get around to upload a picture until now.

After a hefty Friday evening with lots of booze and friends, didn't bother with preparing a breakfast – hopped on the bike instead, bought some snacks, drove up a hill and nibbled away in the sun.

#1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                              Well, not today, but last week. Couldn't get around to upload a picture until now.

After a hefty Friday evening with lots of booze and friends, didn't bother with preparing a breakfast – hopped on the bike instead, bought some snacks, drove up a hill and nibbled away in the sun.

Looks nice! Where are the mountains?
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I took Suzie to an Old Car Rally today.
                                I manned one of the checkpoints so it was a good excuse to go for a short ride.
                                Here is a link to the pictures, mostly vintage cars, half or more are 100 years old.

Rick

www.dmacweb.com/bin/trally/index.html
                                1982 Suzuki GS750E
                                1979 Suzuki GS750E
                                1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2
                                1977 HD CR1000
                                1977 Kawasaki KZ400
                                1974 Honda CB750

Comment

Working...
                                X