1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      Ah cool, bet she sounds great!
      it sounds as 'bad' as it looks ... especially w/out the exhaust discs being used.
      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

I have a brushed set on Frankenbike with no disks, it is actually pretty quiet. It is a bit bent up and flattened though.Much quieter than my V&H. WHen I get to that bike, I will take the baffle out and have a look....
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Nice looking Kat and interesting rear rim.
          1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
          1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Just completed a 2 day ride from Washington to Fallon nv today, and will be doing a reverse trip in about 2 weeks.

Mandatory photos (yes i know, 2/3 of the group were on harleys). I'm the only one not in the photos cause i took them

Comment

Harley guys all have bullet heads?
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Lovely afternoon for a little exploring with my lovely lady
                Beech Fork State Park, west West Virginia

Beech Fork State Park by Kerry Bart, on Flickr
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Did almost 500 miles today with my son on a pair of Guzzis, along with my nephew on his big Indian. Buddy of mine has my GS850 right now

Comment

No signature

Comment

After an infuriating mesage from a family member I was quite stewing with anger, wanting to unload in return. I was reminded by my wife, who I've told many time when she was in similar situations to play it cool, no need to get involved with long explanations, they are not owed one, etc, etc. Short and to the point..... Damn it's hard sometimes to take ones own advice......

I went for a ride.....
                      Briefly hitting 115 revealed that the missing fairing is indeed hugely helpful at blocking the wind.
                      I also blew by a couple of ape hangered Harley guys airing out their pits at a whopping 60 on the highway. A friendly cyclist I was not during my venting. .. But it sure made me smile.

sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Grape Ape

You're funny DB. Glad you got to ride and saw humor in...er, uh...ape-hangers airing out their pits.

Ed

EDIT: lookin' good Redman and kerrfunk! And you too Trevor.
                        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-10-2016, 07:06 PM.
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Today I took the Suzie out for a morning ride to Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, CA and then took the long way through the mountain roads home.
                          During the 80's this was a must do destination at least twice a month, but now this was the first time in 28 years I have taken a motorcycle to Alice's and rode the area. I think next time I'll do it again but take a longer ride. I had forgot how much I enjoyed the ride, the road, the scenery, the smell of the forest, the whooring sound of gears spinning, and the sound of an engine accelerating out of a tight turn.

1982 Suzuki GS750E
                          1979 Suzuki GS750E
                          1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2
                          1977 HD CR1000
                          1977 Kawasaki KZ400
                          1974 Honda CB750

Comment

What a beauty!
                            I thought Alice's was a figment of Arlo Guthrie's imagination!
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

You can get anything you want, excepting Alice
                              1982 Suzuki GS750E
                              1979 Suzuki GS750E
                              1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2
                              1977 HD CR1000
                              1977 Kawasaki KZ400
                              1974 Honda CB750

Comment

Today (7/10) is Arlo Guthrie's bday.
                                Alice was not a figment of Arlo's imagination, and there was a restaurant (at least later), but in Massachusetts.
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X