anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    That's very cool J. I wonder how something like that would work on a gz250. We still have one of those. Can't bring myself to sell it.
    The Sidecar is a totally different ride. It's like riding a Honda ATC but a butt load sketchier, right hand turns are most freaky. There is a reason I put a full sized tractor battery in the chair... Sure it cranks like nothing on freezing day but I can also now turn right.

I would recommend it though, the small bike makes a great entry to the hack "experience", Joe should be able to help you on building something custom. I saw a few chairs in FB, The Utility car is awesome because you can pretty much build it for whatever...

Eli, if we do moosehead next year, I'll be taking this there and back.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Yup my daily route to work and the new halfmoon seals decided its tine to pull into head and mark me as the territory of the Ghost20211117_080704.jpg
      1978GS1000E
      GSX600R K1

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        21'F on my ride in, Snow and ice... Having 3 wheels for this stuff is awesome! Just a new type of riding, I feel like a noob all over again!

Less Fuel than a sled, last tanks was still 70MPG. I think I might get better as I found a new route that keeps my speed in the 40's

Cheers!
        say, did I miss something? Is that a battery in front of the side rig??

I could joke and ask if that is to power all your heated gear so can ride unfaired bike in low 20s……

>> later note.
        now I see comment about tractor battery for cranking and for weight.
        Last edited by Redman; 11-17-2021, 10:53 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

42 degree day ride

Live up in the Pacific Northwest and its 42 degrees and sunny. Enjoyed the ride and the bike...3rd GS1000 I have had.
          Attached Files

Comment

Replaced the front fender on the GS1000 today and since it was warm(er) and sunny, I felt compelled to go for a short 15 mile ride.

Had to make sure the new fender made it faster! (It seems to work!)
            Ron
            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
            1982 GS1100E
            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonknee View Post
              Live up in the Pacific Northwest and its 42 degrees and sunny. Enjoyed the ride and the bike...3rd GS1000 I have had.
              Welcome to the site.
              How about an introduction in the GSOwners forum with a bit of info on you and your bike.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                Replaced the front fender on the GS1000 today and since it was warm(er) and sunny, I felt compelled to go for a short 15 mile ride.

Had to make sure the new fender made it faster! (It seems to work!)

That thing needs a windjammer. Then you could ride it more often😁.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I did a short, 30 mile ride out to lunch and back. Nothing to photograph, since it was mostly highway, but aside from wind, the weather was about perfect (just under 80 degrees, with a few clouds but mostly clear). Had a black and blue wrap and a couple of tacos.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                    That thing needs a windjammer. Then you could ride it more often😁.
                    I need to retire, then I could spend more time on it! Like some people that show up to rally's a couple of days early, and stay a couple days after! Scheesh, retired people!
                    Ron
                    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Got the DR650 out today...very nice day here...the dr now has 650kms on it and inching closer to it's first break-in service. And then I'll put the Yoshi exhaust in jet kit in...but first I had to siphon gas out of my 83 750 lol...lots of gas stations closed still with no gas.

A cool bike park just opened out in Langford...it goes way in behind with lots of dirt tracks too...great to see little kids on it with their push bikes.

No signature

Comment

Welcome to the forum....I'm just across the water in Victoria. Nice E
                        No signature

Comment

DK, Welcome to TheGSR.
                          THanks for posting pic. Do introduce yourself more (usally in Owners section).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Vacation!

Not really, Got called into work today and will likely have to work more tomorrow.

Blasting around on the Monkey outfit This thing is Bananas!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Was 68 degrees today so I went on a short 75ish mile round trip to Frankfort and back. Stopped by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Really unique memorial that is a huge sundial. The names of each veteran that lost their life is etched in the granite floor, and on the day they died, the point of the sundials shadow is on their name.
                              The designer wanted each lost veteran to have their own Veterans Day!

Here is the view in the other direction, looking at the state capital building:
                              Last edited by 1978GS750E; 12-03-2021, 10:29 PM.
                              Ron
                              1982 GS1100E
                              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Ron, that sundial sounds really cool.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X