No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I manage to take Suzy out for a late afternoon run and found these two beauties over on the east side of Orlando.

Actually they are Steve's(sedelen) '79 1000E and his '82 1100E. I swung be and he invited my for a little ride to try out the 1100. Sweet, I can only hope mine turns out half as nice.
    Here's Steve on his 1000

And me on the 1100

GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Thanks gsrick for coming by, you spared me from cutting the grass .
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Good to see y'all out and about fellas! And Trevor, I really like those sunset pic's!
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

evening ride on the GS450E

Temps dropping but great to get out for Sunday evening blast on the back roads. It's a lot darker than it looks in the pic but the iPhone does good in low light without a flash...just a little grainy.

Comment

i went for a ride to a buddies house... sorry no pics. it was quite cold on the way home at 7:30pm. 48 deg F.

luckily i was all geared up.... all that stuff sure is nice when its cold out.

Brian
            Brian

82 GS1100E
            sigpic

Comment

Good to see the 450 out Lurch!

I've been working stupid hours this week, normal day Monday followed by 9.30pm Monday night to 3:30am Tuesday morning, and again 9:30pm last night to after 4am this morning.

That did however let me get out for a quick blast yesterday lunch time over Mt Nebo and Mt Glorious. Didn't stop for pic's because the whole 3 cars I encountered pulled over to let me past so I had no excuse to stop Awesome!
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Mellow ride on wet roads just to go to the store and get a pop. 25 miles.
                The place across the street is the local establishment that sells bandana's with "emblazoned" logos on them.

Comment

I did go for a ride today on the 1100. But girlfriend has my camera. I was going through this nice horse ranch area. Just cruising about 25 looking at these nice homes. Then I saw this Doberman, I mean he was big, come tear as*ing accross the yard towards me. But, the yard was fenced, and so I thought I was safe, but it was not a solid fence and he went right through it, then ran front of me, barking and snapping at me, he overshot me still running and started turning around, I downshifted and opened the throttle and I'm hauling down the street with him chasing me, 2 seconds and I'm gone! That was the first time I had a dog come after me in a long time. Dobie's don't bother me as much as sheppards, which don't scare me as much as pit bulls. But I didn't want to hit him and get thrown off the bike.
                  sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Some fall pics

I tried to search for a "fall picture thread" but this will suffice if no one else knows of one on the GSR I did not want to start one prematurely.j
                    Sort of a lackluster beginning to fall, a lot of trees seem to be browning out before their full fall radiance of color.
                    I still had a nice ride in the fall air.
                    Cuyahoga River

Cuyahoga River

Just a few more relaxing pictures

Comment

Gonna have to work on my pic size...oops

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                        unless you want larger pics, they are fine, those are some beautiful Autumn photos, you should start a thread and use those.
                        The pics are too tall. They dont fit on my screen, I will check cliffs site, he has a recommendation for size.
                        I will start a fall pic thread in the next few days unless someone find an existing thread on here or starts it themselves. hint hint hint

Comment

Took day off work.
                          Wife and I have plans for the afternoon.
                          But what to do with myself this morning...?
                          Rake leaves? Cleanup garage? Yard work?
                          Go for Ride?
                          Yah.
                          Sunrise Ride. Yah.
                          Fall Color Ride. Yah.
                          42 Degrees, Okay.
                          Headed out the door while was still dark.
                          Didnt reall find a sunrise due to heavy cloud cover.
                          (but that didnt stop me from taking piuctures anyway)
                          Sunrize Posting

So, with sunrize expidition not too sucsessfull, I set out for a "go no where in particular" ride. Took roads I had never been on before. At one point I was so lost that I had little idea where I was, and was surprized at what school district school busses I was seeing.
                          Found some breakfast and then continued on for Fall Color.
                          Kinda early for good fall color pictures
                          (but, again, that didnt stop me from taking pictures)
                          GS Fall/Autumn Picture Thread post #16

THen found this.

Man, this guy must be stupid, or crazy, or maybe really enjoys his kite-boarding. Man, in the water, air temp in mid 40s (I dont know water temp, but guessing low 50s), this guy needs his head examined. He was walking back. Didnt see him try to get back on board. Maybe too tired. Sure looks strenous.

So had morning ride along one side of Grand River into Grand Rapids and back on other side of river. Rode about 60 miles. Good thing I had the gear on, and being behind full fairing helped alot also.

Did get some fall color pics. Near back home I went into a township park. Park has big sign "No Motorcycles or OffRoad vehicals on trials or in park.", and there was a township truck that turned into the park after me. SO I kept on going thru park and out other side. THen went around and back in, posed for this pic.

Last edited by Redman; 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Trip to Whistler

I caught a 7am ferry this morning to Vancouver to meet Garth (BCCAP) so we could ride up to Whistler for lunch. Can't believe it was the first time I have been there. The Sea to Sky highway was amazing!! Thanks Garth for being a great host.
                            First is of the veiw I had on the ferry this morning while having breakfast..

Garth in the designated bike parking in Whistler..

This was a great bar/patio over looking Whistler/Blackcomb

I took the Naniamo ferry home and saw this bike waiting..

on the ferry

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              I caught a 7am ferry this morning to Vancouver to meet Garth (BCCAP) so we could ride up to Whistler for lunch.
                              Nice story, nice photos.
                              I would think this could deserve its own thread "Trevor meets BCCAP".

THat first ferry must have been a long trip, if they serve breakfast, on real tableware, no less. Certainly not the type of ferry where you pull yourself across, eh.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Nice story, nice photos.
                                I would think this could deserve its own thread "Trevor meets BCCAP".

THat first ferry must have been a long trip, if they serve breakfast, on real tableware, no less. Certainly not the type of ferry where you pull yourself across, eh.

Nah.....It's an hour and a half ferry ride. Easy day ride. Last time Trev gave me a great tour near Victoria.
                                Whistler has been working hard on diplomatic relations between Canada and Mexico.

Last edited by bccap; 10-07-2012, 07:55 AM.
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X