Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Uhh Ohhhh .
    It's not an 1150.. Those are the ones to avoid... (So I have been told by countless BMW owners)
    It will be fun!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No ride today, but I'm getting out early tomorrow morning. I was invited to go to the local BMW riders group breakfast. I ran into a fellow a couple of weeks ago. He said the third Sunday of the month they meet up for breakfast. He said I looked like I'd fit right in. Not sure what he meant by that. Lol It sounds like fun!👍
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

In my hood after dinner

No signature

Comment

I met up with the BMW folks this morning, what a nice group of people. The fellow that invited me to the monthly breakfast didn't even show up. But the group was very welcoming. Apparently the majority of the group is into motorcycle camping. They were talking about summer plans and camping trips from the past. Then they asked me "Norm do you camp"? I told them NO! Then I told them about my one camping adventure. The one where I put my helmet on the ground. When I put it on to ride into town. There were ANTS all inside my helmet and in my hair! I had everyone laughing!
          What was also weird. When talking about my GS's. I would have to say "Suzuki" GS so not to get them confused with that other gs that's out there. I told them about our little rally in Indiana. They seemed intrigued. I guess it's nothing like their national BMW rallies...
          I had a fun time. They invited me back so I guess they liked me. Even though I ride a Suzuki GS 🌞
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Got in a 109 mile ride today -- no pics to show as there just isn't anything very interesting to stop for. But figured I better get out today because they are predicting rain mixed with snow for tomorrow. High tomorrow will be in the low to mid 40's. C'mon May.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Another nice night

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                Got in a 109 mile ride today -- no pics to show as there just isn't anything very interesting to stop for. But figured I better get out today because they are predicting rain mixed with snow for tomorrow. High tomorrow will be in the low to mid 40's. C'mon May.
                Same boat Larry, last week it was beautiful this week it's brisk, high low 50's and tomorrow snow is in the forecast. Going to try to grab some miles after work today... Work has been challenging Coming in for 6AM and getting stuck past 6PM. This Semester can't end soon enough.
                Glad to hear you got a decent ride on!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Another nice night

Awesome shot!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

3rd Birthday of the Bonneville! Decided to take her in but we got smoked by a fluke snow system. Made for an interesting day of riding... I loved it though.

Made it home after a 30 or so mile ride home... The snow is pretty but it go back to hell where hence it came.

Th coolest thing was these micro ice crystals that formed on the brake rotors... So cool!

Cheers!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Jedz,

thanks for posting. Quaint home you got there!

Do you have alarms on your bikes? lol

Seriously, it's nice that you can keep your bikes outdoors (covered) and not have to worry about them.

The sprocket pic is cool!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        Jedz,

thanks for posting. Quaint home you got there!

Do you have alarms on your bikes? lol

Seriously, it's nice that you can keep your bikes outdoors (covered) and not have to worry about them.

The sprocket pic is cool!

Ed

No issues...
                        All in all my neighbors are awesome and we keep an eye on each other.
                        Best,
                        Last edited by Jedz123; 04-22-2021, 10:13 AM.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

A few days ago. Top of Mt. Baker on the left & the Twin Sisters on the right.
                          20210417_115959 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

First ride of the year!

Might be a bit til the next one, the light bulbs are all failing.
                            GS1000G 1981

Comment

Had a few short rides in recent weeks.

Today predicted to be unusally warm in the 70s, so wanted to get out about 10am for 5-6 hour ride. BUt things kept popping up that demanded my time. About 1pm, I said "I am going, that other stuff can wait."

Was well over 70degF inland, but with the lake michigan water still at about 45degrees was "cooler by the lake", so I headed north along the lakeshore. Stopped for a couple pics.
                              P1170822e by Dave Redman, on Flickr

After about 2 1/2 hours, stopped for ice cream cone, then jogged over to the highway to head back. Traffic moving over 80 (till got back to about Muskegon) was able to run in top gear for a while.

Was a good afternoon ride.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Also on my ride yesterday: THis old railroad trestle (now bikepath bridge), and the way the road turns to go underneath it, have caught my interest over the years. Stopped to pose a picture. Wasnt as easy as in the past, due to now having some guard rails (other side) so cant just ride in from one side and out the other, and this bike harder to push around. So aint gonna do that again.
                                Are a lot of housing and appartments being built around there, so I figure they will want to improve the road before too long and that will be the end of this old trestle.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X