No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Roger, it is really something to see. The granite floor with the names on it is really big. Probably 75-80 ft square. It's sorta strange when you first walk on it, as the names look like they were just randomly etched on the floor. Then you read why, it's a special place for sure!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

45degF today, partly sunny, after some days of ice and snow. Also rained a couple times since I saw salt trucks.....
      So, got out this afternoon for a short ride, about an hour.
      Didnt bother to try to find a new place for a picture.

Maybe the GK tomorow.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

>50 deg. F today and a vacation day, so off to the mountains for me. Bike always runs great, but she really loves the cold weather. Beautiful day today in the Northeast. Hope you all get some saddle time.

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

45degF today, calm and mostly sunny.
          Not the mid 50s that was predicted, but okay for a mid December ride.
          Had to move stuff around to get GK out of the garage.

Was going to go for another hour ride, but without the grip heaters and not having the harness for the 'lectric gloves in this jacket, it was a little less than an hour ride. But good to get the GK out.
          Man, I like this bike.
          Stopped for my typical roadside selfie pic.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks, Redman, and everyone, for sharing your pics!
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

[![/QUOTE]

Keith Krause !
              havent heard from you in a while.
              you speaking of photos….. I think your roadside (and IN the road) bike pics are what got me taking roadside (and IN the road) bike pics.

How’s things with you in hurricane? And I see you now also list so. Cal. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                [!
                Keith Krause !
                havent heard from you in a while.
                you speaking of photos….. I think your roadside (and IN the road) bike pics are what got me taking roadside (and IN the road) bike pics.
                I had fun getting that pic of my 1000. Light traffic, but when they came, they came FAST! It was the year 2000 in the Angeles National Forest and I would try to listen for any vehicles coming and then set the bike just right and try to get a quick shot. Took a few tries.
                I haven't visited as often, I suppose in part because my advice is often carburetor related and my replies are often the same thing over and over. I guess after finding the GSR in 1999, my enthusiasm has waned a tad? I'm sure thankful for Frank and the GSR. I still have my '79 1000E since new. Owning it has been much easier because of the GSR and sharing the experience with fine folks like you, Red'.
                I need to update my profile. I have two homes. I have one in southern Cal' I bought back in '84. My family still lives there. I got sick of Cal' and retired in 2016. I just upgraded to a new home in the city of Washington, Utah, about 4 miles from Hurricane. I like it here. Beautiful place. Being lonely is sometimes a problem but working on it.
                I recently had a bout with cancer and they removed my right kidney. I've had tests done since my June surgery and so far my tests say I'm clean. I rarely get even a cold, so the cancer thing was a bad surprise. I guess things happen when you get older.
                We finally have the colder temps arriving. Lower 20's at night with low 40's during the day for the next week or so. May even get a dusting of snow by tomorrow? I know you Michigan folks would think that's sun tan weather.
                You be sure to be careful out there. I appreciate the pics! Take care, bud!

How’s things with you in hurricane? And I see you now also list so. Cal. Again.[/QUOTE]
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Boy, my reply with quote got all mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                    Keith !
                    Thanks for update.

I was rude enough to start another thread with your update.
                    "Update from KEITH KRAUSE"

You have been a promenent contributor here on GSR, and I imagine that many folks (not just us GoForRide Photo folks) recall you and would like the update and want to make a comment to you.

Dave
                    Last edited by Redman; 12-15-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Dave. I used to spend so much time here it was almost like a part time job. Some of my advice was more like a short novel.
                      I visit every month or so, but don't always reply. As time goes by, a lot of members have died or disappeared. I still miss "Scotty", for one, even though I never met him. I think it's great how members here have helped each other and become good friends.
                      A real family here.
                      Sorry for the temporary highjack of the thread.

Comment

Ride today (Friday) was to move bikes out of garage.
                        Clean up a few things.

Rearange a lot of stuff.

Take lawnmower to the shed, get snowthrower into the garage.

MOve bikes back into the garage.

Ddhhooaaahhh
                        ANother sidestand missoperation.......

No problem, it just rested on the crashbars.

Knew what to do. Reach underneath, get into gear. Backup to it, lift with handlebar and luggage rack, then push up/over more with butt. Deploy sidestand fully this time.

Later results:

< < Heavy Sighhhh > >
                        Last edited by Redman; 12-18-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Went for morning walk along the river channel and onto the pier this morning shortly after sunrize. About 30degF and a little bit breezy.
                          Saw this little boat comming in from the big lake.

Was wonder, if it was about 9am, and they were just now comming in, I wonder when they went out.
                          And thought how dedicated and enthusastic they must be about fishing to go out under such conditions - - just for fishing, for a fish. Some people are strange, eh.
                          Took up a challange for pic of bike with Christmas light displays, so Went for a ride this evening.
                          Also stopped by the beach/pier. I Was taking pic there with my cell phone and was some guy walking past, and he offered to take my pic with my bike for me (with my cellphone).

More pics here
                          This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Last edited by Redman; 12-19-2021, 12:48 PM. Reason: more pics link

Comment

6 and sunny today...decided to try riding now that the pins are out of my hip....felt pretty good.

No signature

Comment

As close as came to going for ride today.

We only got 10 inches. Further inland got 12-16 inches. More expected tonight and tommorow.

And temperatures in the teens (degF) in next few days, wind chill in single digits.

Last edited by Redman; 01-06-2022, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                6 and sunny today...decided to try riding now that the pins are out of my hip....felt pretty good.

6 degrees F? Wow, you win. I've ridden in the lower 20's back when my original GS850 was my only transportation, dodging ice patches, but 6?

And it looks like I missed any post about that cute little wire-wheeled Suzy in the picture!
                                and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                                __________________________________________________ ______________________
                                2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
                                X