anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Me and a new riding buddy (Glenn) went for a ride in Victoria BC today. 8 degrees C Ended up on Mt. Tolmie over looking our beautiful city!
    Anyone else get out?
    Check out my buddy's Kaw. Nice for not being a GS
    No signature

i do every day, on my commute to school. let me tell you, it was colddd. but 20 min ride beats 1 hour train.

Comment

Hi,

That is a beautiful shot.

I commute to work every day. It looks something like this:

This video gets a little interesting at about 10:30.

It was 50ºF this morning, not too bad. It was 44ºF the other day. The mid-to-high 30s is as cold as it will ever get here, for my commute anyway. At night it will get below freezing, but not too often.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Planning on heading out tomorrow with my neighbor. Supposed to be in the 50's. Not bad, a December ride in Upstate NY!
        1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
        2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
        2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Me and a new riding buddy (Glenn) went for a ride in Victoria BC today. 8 degrees C Ended up on Mt. Tolmie over looking our beautiful city!
          Anyone else get out?
          Yea.....that'll get me through the day. Great pic. Make it bigger and I'd have new wallpaper.

Comment

Vadda u nuts or somthin? 31 degrees, dark and it's was snaining* on my commute this morning. sure do love Michigan.

*snow+rain
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Anyone else get out?
              I went out yesterday with temps under 40 to test ride the Bandit's new brake rotors. Didn't stop for any pics though. You should always put the GS in the foreground and the ZRX or any other bike in the background for future pics!
              btw, 8C would be a balmy 46F, right?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                I went out yesterday with temps under 40 to test ride the Bandit's new brake rotors. Didn't stop for any pics though. You should always put the GS in the foreground and the ZRX or any other bike in the background for future pics!
                btw, 8C would be a balmy 46F, right?
                Yep 46 good formula is double it and add 30 you are right about the gs in the front lol
                No signature

Comment

I'm regretting having stored mine already. It was nasty weather when when I put her up, then it got nice for 2 weeks. Oh well.

Basscilff, nice lane splitting past a CHP at 11:03 in your vid! VT isn't quite so nice that.

Comment

I do have the luxury of having a garage and keeping my bikes ready for riding throughout our winter. But I do have to work to keep the snow and ice clear on the driveway to have any chance of navigating the first 75 feet out to a clear, sun melted road!

Comment

Having had the flu for 4 days haven't been out but likely will this afternoon. My two bikes are insured 365 and it is seldom that a week goes by when I cannot ride. Getting too old to take the ST1100 out in the snow but the GS may be fun.

The ST is very stable and effective so long as one is moving above a walking speed but a 28" inseam makes for challenges.

The GS850 is much easier to handle at crawling speeds but maybe a 250 would be a more intelligent ride in snow?

Comment

I rode yesterday - 28F here in Detroit.
                        At work right now, logger on. Rode here today - high 30ies and sunny.

I love riding year round. Keeps me NEAR sane.
                        Some days I think I do it for "the look" I get from the neighbors.
                        After seeing me ride in the cold they tend to keep their distance - not a bad thing.
                        85 1150E

Comment

Hi,

It was a balmy 51ºF for my commute this morning.

We're due for a cold snap this weekend, into the 40s anyway. I like cold weather riding. I think my Jessie Blue likes it too.

BassCliff

Comment

I rode Tuesday. I think it was my last ride of the year. The high today was a balmy 32* F, it snowed a little bit the night before last, so my driveway and the road out front now have ice slicks on them. If I can't get out of my driveway without it slipping out from under me, I'm not riding.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                              Hi,

That is a beautiful shot.

I commute to work every day. It looks something like this:

This video gets a little interesting at about 10:30.

It was 50ºF this morning, not too bad. It was 44ºF the other day. The mid-to-high 30s is as cold as it will ever get here, for my commute anyway. At night it will get below freezing, but not too often.

BassCliff
                              I watched your ride to work video Cliff, I'm so sorry. If I ever get one of those video camera's I'll have to do one of my ride to work, a little more relaxing, it's one of the advantages of living in a small city. Trevor if you ever see a little red Kawasaki KH100 buzzing around town that would be me heading to work or doing errands, we'll have to connect one of these days.
                              Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                              X