anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the rainbow shot, Rich.

Up here there is a 2 day advanced rider course based on the LeeParks classes but it is $465.00. Add the 2 night motel cost because it is 4 hours away makes it too pricey for me.
    The local, 1 day "upgrade your skills" is $140.00 and not advanced enough to take.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Nice ride into work this AM
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I managed close to a hundred miles yesterday, the last 4-5 miles slowly toodling through the local 750-acre park at dusk, looking for wildlife for the picture of the week contest over in the Campfire.

Right after taking this picture I saw a buck with maybe 6-8 points about 15 feet to my right. Got a nice blurry pic of that majestic beast.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Today, took the MSP Advanced Rider Course. It's free in PA. Lots of fun. Learned a lot. Almost got the the point of scraping a knee. That's close enough for me. Definitly pushed my limits (mostly psychological) in cornering. Increased my understanding and practice of picking a line and looking through the turn. Only 5 in the class made it move along at a good pace. 3 nice fellas from the Poconos area on a Big Harley full dresser, a V-Strom, and a beautiful new BMW Tiger 800, and another local guy on a new Fat Boy (not shown). BMW on the end was a 1600 (I think), belonged to one of the instructors. It was a great, but exhaustingly long, hot day in full ATTGATT and slow speed manuevers.
          I highly recommend this course.
          Hey Rich, if you like that course I highly recommend http://ridelikeapronj.com/. It's only 180 miles from you, and I took it twice when I lived in SE PA. It's slow-speed maneuvering, low-radius turning, great for excellent skill building.

I also recommend Lee Park's Total Control Advanced Riding Course, which I took one time and would take again.

Both are terrific for building and maintaining motorcycle proficiency, and are well worth the money.

Comment

Thanks Kerry. I may look into that NJ course someday after I get a windshield of some sort. The short 10 mile I-80 trip i took a few weeks ago was not what I would call fun. I can't imagine slabbing it for 3 hours at this time. Looks like a great course, though.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Went for a ride in my hood tonight after dinner....rained here most of the day...we needed it...it's only rained a few days in the last two months...beautiful night.

No signature

Comment

I definitely have to visit Vancouver some day. Nice pics Trevor.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

We just returned from a four day, 500 mile ride around the state, the last day of which was spent in Sedona. Some wonderful roads, great food, and excellent towns made this a great couples getaway.

IMG_63471.jpg
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    I definitely have to visit Vancouver some day. Nice pics Trevor.
                    Thanks Rich, I live in Victoria on Vancouver Island....you are welcome here anytime, plenty of room.
                    No signature

Comment

FINALLY (been 3 months since it last moved) got the bike out for a clean up and a quick ride. Give the ole suzie a good cleaning, had the tender on the battery while I was doing it and checked the tires. Before I started it I set it on prime for a couple minutes, turned the key and about the 2nd-3rd try she fried right up. No sputtering or anything just a nice good idle. I was afraid the carbs might have gummed up some though apparently not. Did have a good amount of Lucas ethanol treatment in the tank and carbs. Ran really strong for the 30 miles I did. Did notice the rear brake was a bit soft, may need to bleed it out. It was a bit weird feeling getting back on it from riding the Spyder so much lately but it really felt good on two wheels!
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

My son-law and myself took ourselves to Kirby Lonsdale Cumbria there is a bridge over the river Lune bikers know this as Devilsbridge
                        its a very popular meet for us bikers nice scenery there's a butty van for tea/coffee food, on Sundays the local council have made a rule that bikes only can park on the car park, cars are banned.
                        A while ago there used to be a lot of youngsters jump off the bridge into the water but due to the rocks sloping under the water it makes it dangerous and there was a couple of deaths and many injurys so they have passed a by-law banning jumping it seems to have worked.

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                        past bikes. RF900
                        TL1000s
                        Hayabusa
                        gsx 750f x2
                        197cc Francis Barnett
                        various British nails

Comment

Ride out early this morning. I was hoping to get some sunrise pics, but it was overcast with jungle like humidity.
                          I also modified my freebie backpack type camera bag so I can clip it onto the back seat to save me from swapping bags when going for a ride.
                          http://GS1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My daughter (16) was my passenger today -- first time for her this year, I think. We rode about forty miles of local hilly twisties. Saw a bit of a rainbow and some lovely clouds, no precip.

Fastbysuzuki:
                            The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)

1981 gs850gx

Jesus would ride a 1981 Suzuki GS1000GL.
                            "GS" = "God's Son"
                            "GL" = "God's Love"
                            1000 = 10 x 10 x 10 -- a trinity of a perfect number.
                            1981 in Suzuki's code = X = the first letter of the word "Christ" in Greek.

Comment

I took my recently acquired 1000G for its first real run today after reviving it from a 25-year long slumber. She ran well and definitely has much quicker acceleration and throttle response than my 850G. The extra displacement and the fact that the cams from the 1000S model have been fitted, both made themselves felt.

Still busy with refurbishing the Krauser hard luggage and topbox, so she still looks a bit "naked" at the moment!

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Sorry for posting so late but these pics are of my visit to see my son in Honolulu. He was kind enough to let me use his Triumph Bonneville while there.

Last edited by alke46; 07-12-2019, 05:50 PM.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X