anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    You wasted no time getting that gs on the road..Very nice bike.
    Thanks, and yeah the next mornig I was the first person at my insurance agents office at 8am!
    No signature

Comment

Well not today but here's a shot from yesterday evening.

Comment

Got my boys out this morning. Not yet sure which one I'm going to ride. I have been working a lot on the V-Star putting in a new Throttle Position Sensor, new battery and painting the fairing. It is running good so that is most likely the one today. Not going to waste a 70 degree day.

Here's a couple of pics.

Either way it's all good. I love Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
          Got my boys out this morning. Not yet sure which one I'm going to ride. I have been working a lot on the V-Star putting in a new Throttle Position Sensor, new battery and painting the fairing. It is running good so that is most likely the one today. Not going to waste a 70 degree day.

Here's a couple of pics.

Either way it's all good. I love Spring.
          Nice!!...........enjoy it. Looks like we will hit 70 on T and W, but with chance of rain. Then, it's back to the 50's.

Comment

I didnt take the camera, but i went the scenic route and put nearly 60 miles on the Cooley today. Bike had been down for lack of my enthusiasm to trouble shoot the problem. Its easy just to grab another one when you have 6 to choose from..HA HA.

Anyway, after about 14 months sitting and with seafoam in the tank, she fired right up after installing new points. I had forgotten what fun that bike is to ride.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Went for a ride today to pick up provisions (wine) for Sunday family dinner. For any Moto Guzzi fans in the house, the now vacant building pictured once housed a Guzzi shop , that i believe was called 2R's cycle shop.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

70f but windy. went camping with the family and darn if i wouldn't fit in the jeep after putting the dog in. Well I guess I'll just HAVE to ride the motorcycle. Hey, mind if we take the back roads?......found a really nice back road with lots of twisties between katy and sealy west of houston. FM1458 was fun! Had to pull over and take this picture while the wife and kids caught up in the jeep.

Comment

FINALLY I went out for a ride today! I got my new battery yesterday, filled it and cooked it, and today I went over the chain, tires, brakes, lights, etc. and took er out for a quick shakedown to knock the rust off the rotors, the crust off the tires, and the must off my brain. I then came back to pick up my co - pilot and we did about a 45 minute loop on the back roads, circling our town, to keep it local. We both needed it, my son's been mentioning a motorcycle ride non stop for a couple weeks now. It's called 'cabin fever'.
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Did the first ride of the season today on my new-to-me gs1150/1100. I'm not counting the chilly ride a few weeks ago getting my new gs home.

I think my girlfriend may have been even more excited than I was to get out. We did a 20 minute ride from Staatsburg NY up to Red Hook, then back down and out toward Clinton Corners to test her out. Only a short ride for today. New tires are due in this week and I've got to pick up a new battery. I'll be happy to stop pop-starting her for the first start of the day!

Looking forward to the warmer days ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by zachdexter View Post
                      Did the first ride of the season today on my new-to-me gs1150/1100. I'm not counting the chilly ride a few weeks ago getting my new gs home.

I think my girlfriend may have been even more excited than I was to get out. We did a 20 minute ride from Staatsburg NY up to Red Hook, then back down and out toward Clinton Corners to test her out. Only a short ride for today. New tires are due in this week and I've got to pick up a new battery. I'll be happy to stop pop-starting her for the first start of the day!

Looking forward to the warmer days ahead!

careful there zach, pretty ladies like that tend to make husbands out of us wild ones. Just ask my wife!

Comment

While cleaning out the shed this weekend, I found a gas can with premix in it. I dumped it in the motor scooter, and took a couple of "hot " laps around the block. 78 cc and 3.5 Hp don't necessarily equate to a hot lap, but man is it amusing. The smell of burnt premix only adds to the joy.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Went out for an after dinner ride tonight. Loving the new ride! This was taken in Brentwood, not far from home.
                          No signature

Comment

Nice picture Trevor. No girl like the ones above, nonetheless, nice.

Comment

Include my mugg, so you know its me.
                              Rental bike Out of Pigon Forge.
                              Guy said to be nice to it, because it is only its second day on the road.
                              Okay, I was nice and ground off some of the edges of the floorborards.

Last edited by Redman; 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM. Reason: opps, duplicate photos

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Pass on the bike Redman but that looks like a fun road to ride!
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X