anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
    I got out for about 150 twisty miles on the 850 today and it was great! Loving the sound of the pipes too. I should have some pictures later to share. I spent the day chasing my local bike guru on his fresh Wes Cooley replica GS1100EZ. The perfect way to shake the cobwebs off the 850 and my riding skills.

Pete and Trevor those pics are great, thank you. Im jealous you can spend so much time near Kats Pete, I've never seen one in the metal before...
    Nice. Where did you go? I had to go to a class today, and was hoping to ride, but it was rainy and chilly at 5:30 this morning.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Had been rainy for about 2 weeks, and cold.

Snow yesterday.

40 and sunny this afternoon.
      Whaa hooo !
      Got the GK out.
      Nice to again have bike with my feet under me, and easy steering responce.

Stopped at a park along Grand River.

THose docks you see are not in the river, they have been pulled back into the parking lot for the winter.
      The river is in the parking lot.
      I marked on the photo where the river is suppose to be.
      Last edited by Redman; 04-21-2013, 05:54 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is a different park along the Grand River.
        Again, those docks are out of the river for the winter season,

Here is same place last November.
        Docks in same place out of the river.
        River in its normal place.

Last edited by Redman; 04-21-2013, 05:43 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          This is a different park along the Grand River.
          Again, those docks are out of the river for the winter season,

Here is same place last November.
          Docks in same place out of the river.
          You like pushing the edge with that GK.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Nice. Where did you go? I had to go to a class today, and was hoping to ride, but it was rainy and chilly at 5:30 this morning.
            I went up to my usual stomping grounds at Bear Mountain & Harriman State Park. In this area the best riding by far is there. During the summers the trick is to get up there early enough before the slow bikes and tourists show up.

Comment

The chilling evening ride tonight....

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                I went up to my usual stomping grounds at Bear Mountain & Harriman State Park. In this area the best riding by far is there. During the summers the trick is to get up there early enough before the slow bikes and tourists show up.
                Nice, i figured a Newark boy would have to leave town to find some nice riding. Back in the old days when time was free and easy, i loved heading up to northwest NJ & dabble on either side of the Delaware river. Now i take whatever i can get
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  .......... those docks are out of the river for the winter season,

But river is now up in the parking lot.
                  Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                  Yah.
                  But I did walk up on it first. And did test its stability by trying to rock it from side to side and forward and back.
                  And was quite cautious about leaning bike onto side stand, and very cautious as to which plank I set the sidestand on.

But, yah, I suppose anybody reading the news report about the guy and his bike tumbling into the river would say "what an idiot".

Or maybe the newspaper article might not be until an other week or so when river recedes back to normal and body found pinned to pavement with motorcycle on top. Then people can say "what an idiot, no wonder they didn't find him all this time."
                  And some other folks can say "ha ha, the helmet didn't do him any good."

Yah, I did shudder when thinking about it later.

Last edited by Redman; 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Not mine............ 38 degrees, yeah right.

Not this past weekend but the week before, I found some people in the Reno/Carson City area that actually ride their bikes!
                    I hooked up with a sport bike riding club!
                    I met the first couple of riders at a Starbucks in south Reno at 8:30 A.M. at a chilly 38 degrees.
                    We then proceeded onto Carson City were we met up with several more riders and then off to the twisties!
                    A couple of pic's from the two stops during the day...

Franky did well to keep up with these speed demons and the BT-45's did well.
                    150 miles is what I call a good day of fun even though the temperature never got over 43 degrees.

Eric
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

As I mentioned the other day here is a picture from my ride this saturday. This was at a friends house gathering up the group. Along with my GS and the 1100 Cooley (that you can see the tail of in this picture), we had a newly refurbished $500 R6 and a Ducati 999. Quite the odd ball group of bikers but it works for us!

The smile peeking out of my helmet reveals all I think! The Cooley tail is in the foreground and the Duc is in the background.

This is what a $500 R6 looks like, with nothing but some love and paint put on it. My GS will hopefully be getting the same treatment this winter! Guess it pays to be friends with masterful painters huh?

Comment

Along the Niagara Parkway on my CBX pretending to be fast and stopped for coffee.
                        Parked beside this Ducati. After taxes his price tag was $82,000.00. Yikes!
                        It is stunning and sounds amazing but....

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          Along the Niagara Parkway on my CBX pretending to be fast and stopped for coffee.
                          Parked beside this Ducati. After taxes his price tag was $82,000.00. Yikes!
                          It is stunning and sounds amazing but....

It better sound amazing! You know how many gsssss I could buy??
                          Sweet CBX!
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                            GK on edge again.

On edge of parking lot, near beach and pier.

(more pics in "sunset")

Comment

Beautiful morning in Missouri! Motorcycle weather is finally upon us in the midwest so me and my Nightster friend here have been enjoying every mile. This is my first post so I wanted to make it in a thread that I think sums up why we do it.

Just before pulling out ^^^
                              Thanks all for the inspirational pics!

Comment

aaah,

another GS650G finds its way home.
                                '83 GS650G
                                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                                X