Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Beautiful evening here in Victoria BC
    Vineyard with a cool house. This is a little twisty road I like to have fun on not far from my house.

Trevor,

Is your 750 not wearing a collector plate? Is that your "work vehicle"?
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Rollerpig1 View Post
      Beautiful morning in Missouri! Motorcycle weather is finally upon us in the midwest so me and my Nightster friend here have been enjoying every mile. This is my first post so I wanted to make it in a thread that I think sums up why we do it.

Just before pulling out ^^^
      Thanks all for the inspirational pics!
      Maybe in your part of the midwest! It's snowing again here in my part of the midwest. I took a short ride into town to mail a letter, didn't take any picts, it started snowing, I filled my bike up with gas and rode home, windshield all iced up. I've got work to do anyway, couldn't go for a decent ride today, snow or not.

Comment

I got out for a bit today after work. Didn't head up to the twisty roads though. Instead I went to the big empty industrial park with smooth parking lots to brush up on my riding skills. Now while I consider myself a decent rider, I had an accident in October involving a serious bump in the road, and last weekend I noticed all was not right with me and my riding.

When riding downs roads that I know like the back of my hand and have done 1000's of times last weekend I found myself running wide. Especially on bumpy left handers. On smooth roads however there was no problem. Clearly my head is not as clear as it needs to be. And I have a mistrust of bumpy roads.

So tonight I went out and practiced a bunch. First I used those smooth parking lots to make sure that my bike was in good order, and the running wide issue wasn't from a mangled frame or sticking fork. Once that was cleared up, I went to the bumpy parking lot. Here's where my 'a-ha' moment happened.

When the bumps came in the road I would get a bit nervous and close the throttle subconsciously. Sometimes quite abruptly too. Like I mentioned earlier I consider myself to be a good rider, and I know that being smooth with the throttle is the key to handling harmoniously. So I worked on that. Overcoming my psychological 'bumps' and being smooth again.

While I think I'll need a few more sessions before I banish my mental demons completely, knowing where I was screwing up is a big relief.

Long story short... Never think you are too good to practice, especially if you've had a long off season like me.

Comment

Went trolling around today for a while, before the dreaded second shift job.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went for a 60 mile round trip ride today (no picts this time either). I got done with part of the main floor renovation project in my house, some of the bricks for the fireplace are set, it's a beautiful day, sunny, 70 deg F, so I rode to Brainerd to get a haircut! Yay, best day riding so far this year! The snow is melting too, maybe by next week most of it will be gone.....

Comment

Got the ole gal tanked up for a trip tomorrow and to make sure I don't have any issues as I'll be putting on some miles going to the Leesburg Bike Rally.
              So, I washed it, painted a little here and there, and tweeked this and that. She's ready to go. But she's always ready, always waiting on me it seems.

sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Nice..enjoy and have a safe trip.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Nice..enjoy and have a safe trip.
                  Thanks, I'll be riding with a bunch of "Harley" dudes. Hope they're better riders than the ones in "Wild Hogs."
                  sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                    ......................... going to the Leesburg Bike Rally.
                    Thanks, I'll be riding with a bunch of "Harley" dudes. .....................
                    Do take camera and post about it.

If you are talking to a H-D rider, and he tells you about this upgrade kit and that stage this or that, ask him "so just how much of the engine got replaced?".

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks, I'll be riding with a bunch of "Harley" dudes. Hope they're better riders than the ones in "Wild Hogs."
                      I coudnt watch that movie without critiquing the riding...I take a yearly daytrip with a friend from apprentice school, and some of his friends. Its always funny having both the oldest bike by far, and the only non Harley.
                      Also funny, is how they are always shocked at how fast it is..I generally am a calm rider, but ocassionally one just needs to turn that throttle....
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

well went to work on my gs1100e today 50 miles each way im working in Quincy MA just got home i think its like 45 out not bad doing 75mph

Comment

I did a nice 140 mile ride today of the twisty roads. Had a great time as usual and am feeling much more confident and comfortable on the bike again afer my accident and long off season.

However about a half mile from home I heard sort of a whuump noise coming from my pipes, and then they got a whole lot louder.

Limped back home cringing at how absurdly loud my bike was and quickly discovered this.

The end cap on the baffle was loose. So I removed it and found this.

Those are supposed to be attached....

Well at least it happened when I got home and not in the middle of no where. Already ordered a new baffle and packing so now I just get to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

Limped back home cringing at how absurdly loud my bike was and quickly discovered this.....

.. the cone of silence ..

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              .. the cone of silence ..

I like that... Of course I need a new one of those now. But thats not such a big deal. Well worth it to not go deaf...

Comment

Went out for a nice ride yesterday for the first time this year.

Today was BEEEOOOTEEEFULLLL, but I didn't make it out of the garage. Electrical gremlins got me....

Comment

Working...
                                X