Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Skunky goes to a rained-out Bike Night."

Comment

Eli, is there Public Access down in the Niagara River Gorge or do you know somebody that works for Hydro?
      I ride along the Parkway on the Canadian side and have not seen people down there.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Eli, is there Public Access down in the Niagara River Gorge or do you know somebody that works for Hydro?
        I ride along the Parkway on the Canadian side and have not seen people down there.
        there is a small public parking area and a few guys were fishing when we were there. that spot was not exactly a friendly looking place, lots of fences and security, but surprisingly you can go right down to the water outlets area. i know there are lots of places where trails go right down to the water. i've only walked one or two so far but might concentrate on more "bike and hike" trips to the gorge this year since i've been wanting to do it for a while.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Took a ride this morning to take care of a few errands before work. In his teenage years in the 1950s, my father caused a countywide furor by opening the floodgates on the dam for Jamesburg lake ( background of pic.) The next days newspaper headline was "who stole the lake". (times were so much simpler then...) Ironically on his funeral day, the local paper, in its today in history section noted that 50 years ago that day the lake was drained...
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I enjoy heading out to the Base and using the tarmac for evasion manuevers. Here's a different view with the AMC Museum in the backdrop. Beautiful day!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thats cool and must be a special privelege. I do ocassional work as an outside contractor at Lakehurst ( i think its now called the Mcguire joint base or something of that nature) ,and they hold rider education courses there.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Glenn and I got out for a 200 plus km ride today.

No signature

Comment

Replies

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Thats cool and must be a special privelege. I do ocassional work as an outside contractor at Lakehurst ( i think its now called the Mcguire joint base or something of that nature) ,and they hold rider education courses there.
                  Yes, it is nice to go there and have the tarmac to myself. And this is where I got my MSF training/testing done too! It's right near the flightline so every now and again planes are landing/taking off.

I haven't been to McGuire...but it's our sister base as far as Aerial Ports is concerned.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Glenn and I got out for a 200 plus km ride today.

Beautiful bikes and nice backdrop Trevor!

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

[QUOTE=trevor;1860999]Glenn and I got out for a 200 plus km ride today.

[/QUOTE

Photo caption for #2 photo-
                    Quick! get the picture a car is coming
                    Beautiful pictures. I love the mural backdrop.
                    sigpic

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

finally installed rear rack ... and proceeded to give scoot a much needed thrashing. fired right up! ...

Comment

Very nice ES. Is that the Pacific Ocean there? Care to share what road that is? Many questions, what size main jets are you running with the Strap.
                        Had a SS Strap on the wife's 1150, but it kept dragging on right hand turns, so a friend got it.
                        It was a nice pipe, but with the stock suspension boinging, no bueno. I can't remember what I traded it for, maybe a 3.5" rim.
                        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                          Is that the Pacific Ocean there? Many questions, what size main jets are you running with the Strap.
                          I'm parked on a no-name cul de sac for the photo op, above Hwy 1 (which you can spy extending forth from the headlight in 2nd picture) ... in an area known as La Selva, south of Santa Cruz. Main jets 137.
                          Love the S-trap sound. ( Hey Chef ... remember that guy leaving the motel in Paso last yr, on his newish bike after you'd come back from giving the ES a good thrashing .... "love the sound of your ride, bro" hahahaha he heard you 'fang it' up the street! That was classic)

Comment

Out for a run with the Katana boys again yesterday, but this time we all went and got a dyno run done. Huge 32hp for my little 450

All set to start the day:

And a bunch of Kool Kats at Crazy Dogs for the runs:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

"kawasaki, let the good times roll," haven't heard that in years.
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Let Them Knock You Around...

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                                "kawasaki, let the good times roll," haven't heard that in years.
                                Nice pics!

That Kawi slogan reminds me of a song from "The Cars".

Also, Toyota had an expression that's timeless: "Oh, What a Feeling!"

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X