No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...you Prairie riders are tough. All those bloody gravel roads! and what do you do when it rains and turns into Gumbo..?

Comment

I rode out to the girlfriends house last night and stayed over.
      This morning her 9 yo son tells me this old guy down the street has a bunch of old motorcycles back in the woods.......well there were three of them at least.
      Some Honda 250, some old enduro and this 83 GS 650g.
      Poor old girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
        what do you do when it rains and turns into Gumbo..?
        You learn very quickly how to ride on gumbo!
        Or how NOT to ride on it, depending on the outcome, haha.

I don't recommend this to anyone, but I find gravel much easier and safer feeling at 75+kmh/45mph than I do at slower speeds.

Having a childhood spent on dirt bikes, enduros and 3 wheelers helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
          You learn very quickly how to ride on gumbo!
          Or how NOT to ride on it, depending on the outcome, haha.

I don't recommend this to anyone, but I find gravel much easier and safer feeling at 75+kmh/45mph than I do at slower speeds.

Having a childhood spent on dirt bikes, enduros and 3 wheelers helps.

Sounds like sugar sand. Its a bitch at 15 mph, but pretty easy at 45. heh
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            ..............., it only has a transport speed of about 25mph or so at least the ones I have drove. .....!
            Can the spray applicator (or whatever) be engaged while it is running in road gear?

Originally posted by loud et View Post
            .... and this 83 GS 650g.
            Poor old girl.
            You get it home yet, Adam?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wife working.
              60 degrees.
              Heavy overcast and dark clouds, forecast t-storms.
              Not raining.
              Let's go.

oh oh, should have thought to contact greg78gs750 (this is out his way).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Mr Blankworthy. Had a 2 turtle ride.

Comment

A 2 turtle day? You're a good man.

Lots of water for me but no turtles.
                  Put about 100 miles on the Baby Hawk ending up by Niagara Falls.
                  I can't believe how much fun i am having bombing around on a small bike.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Took bike no 1 for a ride today.

Looks like she blew a seal somewhere and dumped the gear oil. (incl all over left side of tyre) then heard a very un pretty sound and decided to pull over. Fine when not in gear but sounds very expensive in gear.

pic of bike having a ride

Comment

I guess the good news would be that you remained upright with a slick rear tire.
                      Nice to have riding options.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                        .... ....
                        pic of bike having a ride
                        So, who went for a ride today?
                        You went for a ride.
                        And your bike went for a ride. Not good.
                        Do post in tech section and tell us more.

Comment

Had a good ride out with the Katana boys yesterday, wasn't drama free though.

Two 1100G's lost their ignition keys... the Harley with us blew a tail light bulb, we lost one guy (not good!), and one of my fly screen brackets broke in the strong winds on the way back while getting wet.

Other than that, awesome day's riding and the weather was excellent until the last hour when we got some light rain.

Went up one road I'd never been on before that was loads of fun and another road that I'd been on before but had forgotten. Add those to the other fun roads and very few highway km's and it's a barrel of fun!

I didn't get many photos but do have some video that I will get edited and uploaded at some point.

Paul's Honda, John and Val in the chair before the key disappeared, and Eric's Harley (commonly referred to as the rare V Twin Katana):

My 450, Larry's XJ900, and Matt's GSXR750:

Mark's GS1000, Jon's and Jesse's (obcured) Katana's, Eric's Harley, Dave's GS1100 (he'd lost the key by now but Jesse had one that fit), Dave's popup Katana, my 450, Brian's popup Katana, and Matt's GSXR750:

Some random bike, Paul's Honda, and Larry's XJ900... just before we lost Larry

And I need to make new stronger fly screen brackets:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

[QUOTE=Redman;1873260]Can the spray applicator (or whatever) be engaged while it is running in road gear?
                            [QUOTE]

Having run sprayers for 20+ years as part of my job I can definitively say yes.

Having a bike run under them does happen. Worst thing would be if sprayer initiated a turn just as bike started underneath. Imagine how it would feel to hit the front tire at speed.

Some have transport speeds up to 35 mph.

Comment

My wife and I headed up Island today for lunch. First we stopped at this Women's only motorcycle apparel shop. Hear it's doing well. Run by women, for women.

And a nice Yamaha where we had lunch in Cowichan Bay.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Those are pretty turtles, the two I saw were 1 1/2' diameter ugly mother snapping turtles in the middle of the road. It's egg laying season for them.

I'm not a fan of snapping turtles because they eat all the baby ducks in the stream behind my house.

Told my co-worker that last year I threw a large rock at a pair of giant snapping turtles while the were mating. Got lucky and hit the male in the shell and he rolled off the female and floated down the stream. Sort of a Hail Mary shot on my part although he didn't have much time to pray. I know its not very green of me for siding with the cute cuddly baby ducks.

My co-worker said that's how he would want to go, in the saddle.

I told him I was busy that night but if he wanted to start up something with his girlfriend the next night, I still had some rocks left and could make his dream come true.

Comment

Working...
                                X