No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out for 60kms today. It stopped raining and roads dried up and it was around 6 or 8 degrees and sunny, very windy though. Tried out my new battery powered heated gloves and they worked like a charm. Should though apparently they were close to $200. ouch. (Thanks in-laws)
    No signature

Comment

Same day different spot. Nice ride getting off work in the morning, beautiful sunrise that day.

Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Lake Mills in Chuliota, Fl., northeast of Orlando. Beautiful 78 degree day on my '78(Suzy), around 5:00. Does, everyone name there first GS Suzy? If anyone is heading to the bike swap meet in Webster, Fl., tomorrow, PM me and well meet up.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

73 and sunny here in Dallas today, went for about 125 mile ride with 3 buddies, I love riding the King!
          Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
          87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
          99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
          15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Well, I did not get out to ride today, last day of the year 2011.....my wife stuck me with laying tile in the bathroom. Out tomorrow though, damn the tile! I picked up my last Triumph in London about ten years ago, in January, near zero Celsius! Once my tear ducts dried up and the snot finished running out from my nose it was a great ride! Only cold till the numbness set in............
            Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I got my first ride in for the New Year yesterday. Only a shortie about 30km's but it was a ride in perfect weather around some neat little suburban roads near my house. Something like 26 or 28 celcius, beautiful blue skies with some nice white fluffly clouds
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Ronin and myself went for a 55 mile loop on the last day of 2011. It was chilly when we left, about 39, but the roads were mostly dry. He was riding the TL I traded to him for a 69' Ghia.

One of my bolts holding my fairing bracket to the head lamp fell off, so as we were wicking through a twisty section, I noticed my fairing wobbling around. I decided to step it down a few notches and here we stopped to check it out. He also discovered an oil leak coming out of the clutch rod seal on his bike.

We still had a nice blast up Chuckanut Dr. to end the year. Tips of our fingers were numb with 37 showing on thermometer. Had a couple of Pike Kilt Lifters and committed to doing a track day at the new Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton Washington this June. Should be fun.

Anyone else wanna join in on June 9th? (2fasttrackdays.com $189)
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Certainly.
                  I was out earlier this morning...

I even had a NICE EXPERIENCE with a LEO that pulled me over around 1:30 A.M.

There is still at least ONE of them still in America!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                    I even had a NICE EXPERIENCE with a LEO that pulled me over around 1:30 A.M.
                    Sounds like that would make a good GS Story.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Did about 75 miles on the Bandit just plotzing around the backroads. Only had one cager take a shot and he was comfortably inept. heheh
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Put about 75 miles on the 1100F, what a gem..

Comment

Went on the annual New Years Day "freeze your bippy" ride. Only abt 50 mi, but at 40 deg it was warmer than usual. We have yet to get any snow or ice on the local roads this season so the roads are dry no matter how cold it is. Still it's nice to have heated gear.

Sorry no pics.

Comment

Me and Rob on his GS1000 got out for a 135km trip today. Lots of twisty back roads all the way up to Sooke for coffee. Rob discovered he might need a new rear tire sooner than later (oops). Love BC I have never rode a motorcycle on New years Day before being from Ontario.
                            No signature

Comment

Oops here is the pic.
                              No signature

Comment

Trevor,

You'd probably know if the road is paved from Port Renfrew to Lake Cowichan (sp?).

Fine looking bikes there.
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X