anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
    crop 1 brussel sprouts (they love the fog off the ocean)
    crop 2 (across the road from #1) strawberries (towards the end of season)
    Thanks.
    Okay, so not brussel sprout juice.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a ride late in the evening yesterday. Temps in the mid 20's. I really need to get some warmer gloves before one of my fingers fall off lol. Took some pics by my grand parents grave and some at the spill way for lake Malone state park.

Comment

At 20 degrees I would be in that cemetary.

Comment

nice pix,Roland'! The low angle of the sun ....and the ground looks hard-too cold for me. I was contemplating taping bleach bottles on as handlebar windshields the other day and it was above freezing...but there are better ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
            At 20 degrees I would be in that cemetary.
            If it wasn't for all my gear I would be to lol. The weak link though is the leather gloves you see on the seat in the one pic. They are only good to about 35 degrees any lower than that and my hands are done after about 15 miles. I've always had armored winter gloves but this year just don't have the cash at the moment to get a pair. So I have decided no more below 35 degree rides until I get new gloves.

Comment

I picked up a good pair of 3-layer ski gloves last year from a sporting goods shop for $30 and they do me well enough down into the low 20s (-5 for our Canukistani brethern)

What I'm looking for is the device that blows exhaust up onto the knees to warm my legs on some of these cold rides. Yes, that is ice on the drainage pond.

Comment

Holy crap it gets cold in the States!!
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  And that was just this morning. Plus I live in the south, where we never see really chilly temps.

There was that one February that I spent in Nova Scotia, 5 days in a row below -40 is why I make sure to always have good cold weather gear even when not riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyn View Post
                    Yes, that is ice on the drainage pond.

Didn't get any pics of ice but did hit a small strip on the way home. The Shinko 230 slipped just enough to give the front end a wiggle then gripped and all was good. These tires impress me a little more every time I go for a ride. Great pic by the way. Keep up the cold riding. The members who can't ride Or choose not to need the pics to keep them going until spring.
                    I just moved back to KY. The last 17 years I lived in Joliet IL. Several days I went on rides in the single digits there. One year I was out the night before Christmas Eve with snow on the ground riding from store to store looking for a video game for the kids. Had a store manager tell me that I was certifiably crazy. I just laughed and said thanks for your help.
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Ice! Yikes! Ice is for drinks and hockey rinks. I took my bike out this morning to go to the gym and do my mundane chores around town. On my way home I thought about some of our colder members and took a photo of the bike in front of a palm tree 2 doors from my house.

IBA# 12860
                      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                      1984 KZ1100R
                      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Nice one Glenn! I'm out doing appointments myself right now. Pics to come. What a beautiful day!!!
                        No signature

Comment

Nice one Glenn! I'm out doing appointments myself right now. Pics to come. What a beautiful day!!!
                          Nice day here to going to hit 40 but I'm busy eating turkey and ham lol probably won't be a to get out today.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland5color View Post
                            Nice day here to going to hit 40 but I'm busy eating turkey and ham lol probably won't be a to get out today.
                            You're going to destroy your weight to hp ratio!
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

No pics of the ride, but Mrs. Zimmerman captured my triumphant return.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                                You're going to destroy your weight to hp ratio!
                                Yeah may have to turbo the 1100 to get it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X