anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any progress on the new acquisition?
    (No, not the new G/F. ) The other... er...bike.

Daniel

Comment

loong story short ... today was the first ride of this lil' biatch in approx 11-12 yrs. (twas a daily commuter for a couple of yrs back in the day)

redid forks & brakes / Had chef1366 do the carbs proper, as they were spewin' gas / just finished re-doing the wiring harness connections etc (took me two full days! duuuh) / STATOR looked like crap BUT I seem to be getting ok battery readings ?? (13.2V @ idle / 14.5V @ 4000rpm w/lights off ... 12.9-13.0V @ idle / 14.4V @ 4000rpm w/lights ON)
      Will check further on stator tomorrow.

only went for 10 miles or so ... as haven't done valve check yet.

Thanx to all site contributors for the info gleaned.
      Thanx to chef1366 for the awesome carb work!

rather surprised how well it flew down the road!
      Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2012, 04:08 AM.

Comment

It looks like you have TWO guided missiles in the stable now. WTG!

Daniel

Comment

I use my bike to deliver DVDs of work to my clients. I live not far from the CBD so by bike it's a very fast efficient way to get my work delivered. Fun, too! Often if I have no other pressing engagements I will ride to the beach and back on my way home. (I work from home). This is about a 10 minute ride away for me and this is pretty much how it looks a lot of the time:

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
            Pete,
            Where'd you post up on how you made the flyscreen? You are on a lot of boards...thought it would be easier to ask

Took the ol' GR out for a longer ride today. First good test since I put a new front sprocket on. Went from 15 to 16. Hugely different riding experience. Just pulls so much easier with just one more tooth on it. Hadn't taken it much over 60 mph with the old sprocket---just felt like it was running out of breath. Hit 70 today with more to go easily. Much, much improved ride. Very happy camper.
            All the details are at the end of my rebuild thread, try to keep everything together there

Sounds like you've had a win with gearing too! Nice

Originally posted by viperg View Post
            Love it! "Iron Ass" LOL
            Indeed! Forgot to ask... who's the big dude waving in the background?

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
            I use my bike to deliver DVDs of work to my clients. I live not far from the CBD so by bike it's a very fast efficient way to get my work delivered. Fun, too! Often if I have no other pressing engagements I will ride to the beach and back on my way home. (I work from home). This is about a 10 minute ride away for me and this is pretty much how it looks a lot of the time:
            Jimmy that's cruel to post that... and you live 10 min's ride away? Man... I've really gotta get over that side of Aus at some point... mind you I'm happy living 10 min's away from the start of some of the most awesome South East Qld roads so I can't complain
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Haha! I have only been to Brisbane once and was surprised at how the beaches looked. They are nothing like the beaches here. I used to bodysurf daily when I was a teen. When the weather is as hot as it is here right now - high 30Cs - it's nice to ride towards the beach and feel the air get cooler the closer you get.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
                Haha! I have only been to Brisbane once and was surprised at how the beaches looked. They are nothing like the beaches here. I used to bodysurf daily when I was a teen. When the weather is as hot as it is here right now - high 30Cs - it's nice to ride towards the beach and feel the air get cooler the closer you get.
                You get the same thing with the cooler temp's here, but of course we can't watch the sun set over the beach...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

Indeed! Forgot to ask... who's the big dude waving in the background?

This guy?

That's Paul Bunyan in the rest area south of Brainerd, MN. I took that picture on my return from St. Cloud VA med center on Friday.

Comment

Rode from Calgary out to Drumheller today. 290km round trip. Snow in fields and ditchs but roads were clear. The old GS ran flawlessly. I got about 40 miles per US gallon which isn't that great I guess.

Drumheller's claim to fame is dinasours. There have been many found around there and there is a large dinasour museum there.

Roads are pretty straight here on the prairies

The old Zuke swarfed by a dinasour

Another one

Terrel Museum

Brian

Comment

we got out for a couple hours i forgot how much i love my bike. even got out on the buffalo this morn with my 7yr old his first motorcycle experience and he loved it

Comment

here is Luke and i on the buffalo

Comment

Sweet bikes and a happy Son. What more do you need?
                          Oops, Mommy, too!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Sweet bikes and a happy Son. What more do you need?
                            Oops, Mommy, too!

Daniel
                            she rides the Triumph, the ride was great till we seen the ambulance go by and the fallen rider on the shoulder not cool.

PLEASE be careful out there folks especially up here as we got luckey with some weather but the roads are still covered in sand and crap and it dont take much to end up on your ass

Comment

Just down the street and back since I dont have the plate bracket mounted yet.

Just enought to kick some water up though.

Comment

Erki......gives you a good excuse to give her a nice bath.....

It's has been so nice here today, currently 16 degrees, I have been at work for about 3 hours now, and have seen about 6 cruiser bikes pass by, and about 10 sport bikes, ya it's a great day for a ride......

I keep thinking I will see Spyug drive by and wave sooner or latter....LOL

won't happen he is not close to where I am....

Comment

Working...
                                X