No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got together for a meet up and ride. Balmy 8 Celsius (46 F). I don't mind riding in the cold but what I wouldn't do for heated gloves. Trevor's 750 is pristine. It's crazy what some guys having sitting in their garage unused, great deal for him that's for sure. Trevor's buddy Glen came along, check out his Eddie Lawson replica, a true 10 that's for sure. A good day in all, met a couple of stand up guys and a ride to boot.

Last edited by azr; 12-05-2011, 02:02 AM.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hey Rob great to meet you today! Thanks your bike is pretty special too! And YOU made it that way. Very cool. I look forward to getting out for plenty of more rides. Looking for heated gloves now too!
      No signature

Comment

Glorious day down here at the bottom of the world on Saturday
        My Son and I went on the 29th Annual Bikers Rights of NZ Toy run, we had around 200 bikes of assorted types, sizes and ages.
        Sorry there are not more photos, I was busy helping and my Son forgot we had the camera with us, thats my bike lurking behind the banner.
        Because I was so busy he ended up riding on the back of a GSX 1300R Hayabusa, his comment, It was fast Dad.

Comment

Out for a bit yesterday which is nothing out of the ordinary as can ride 355 days of the year, here in Canada's Wet Coast.

The leaves are gone which makes for "interesting" riding as it's like coming around a corner onto 65 packages of wet cornflakes in many places. I prefer the old GS850 under those conditions to my ST1100 as Suzie MX's much better.

Comment

Hi,

Wow, you guys are getting in some good rides. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday I rode over to Sears and got a new chain for my chainsaw. Then I felled those ugly palm trees beside my house. Mrs. BassCliff hated those trees. They're all gone now.

Then this evening I rode over to see my Dad about 25 miles away. He lives in an assisted living complex. It was a balmy 49ºF when I left my house.

We watched the Saints game on Sunday Night Football. We've both been Saints fans since their very first game in 1967. Go Saints!

I rode past two banks on the way home. One bank time/temp sign said it was 38º and the other said it was 39º. It was a brisk ride home!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2011, 02:10 AM.

Comment

BassCliff, under 60 in southern California! I don't believe it.
              Those banks must have been reading Celsius.

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                BassCliff, under 60 in southern California! I don't believe it.
                Those banks must have been reading Celsius.
                I knew I should have taken a picture.

BassCliff

Comment

Who says you can't ride all year in Canada?!
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    Took the GPz for a spin to work the Stabil into the carbs. Rode past LarryD's house. His truck was out front but he was not. Didn't want to arrive unannounced so I rode a bit through the Admirals (fancy houses near Geist Reservoir). Would have gone further but I forgot my wallet & license at home, so I returned home. It seems to prefer the denser cold air, really wanted to rev. Hehe.
                    My new TourMaster Rincon 3/4 coat is awesome, plenty warm in 45 degree weather. I highly recommend it as a waterproof very warm long jacket.
                    They salt the roads here in Indy, so this is the last ride of the year for me. No salt on my babies, please.
                    Heck George, just pull up in the driveway and give me a call.......if I'm home, I'll come on out. We were doing some errands on Saturday, so, I doubt we were there anyway. You know you're always welcome around my campfire.
                    Larry D
                    1980 GS450S
                    1981 GS450S
                    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Thanks, Larry. I forgot I had your number in my phone, but it was sitting next to my wallet at home. I had an interesting time in your neighborhood, I just kept on riding until 79th street appeared like magic. Nice homes there, btw.
                      We'll have to do some 750 rides when we have some nicer weather.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Who says you can't ride all year in Canada?!

Beautiful! You and Rob live in a gorgeous part of the Northwest, when it's not raining.

Of course, I guess that's the "southwest" part of Canada.

I'd like to visit sometime.

I had another nominal commute into work this morning. It beats driving a car on the So. Cal. freeways.

BassCliff
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I went out yesterday too. The weather was too nice not to go out, so I blew off some school work that I was supposed to be doing and hopped on the bike. After a bit of coaxing (had to blow into the air vent tubes ) it started up, and was running strong.

I don't know how many miles I did, where I went, what the temperature was, or even what time it was, I was too busy having way too much fun.

I do have to say that my GS seemed to love the colder weather and it felt like I had a good 10 more HP on tap. Needless to say I did my best to use all of it... I may have gotten a bit of rear tire squeal off the line at one point

Wouldn't mind some more days like yesterday thats for sure.

(Sorry no pics, too busy having a blast)

Comment

Shook out the 550 between downpours

I shook out the 550 to test it with the new exhaust (replaced a 4-into-1 with a nice stock system I fouind on GSR). 45 degrees, but the bike warmed up quickly and ran like a champ. Tiny front fender wasn't much help, though.

Comment

Here you can see the tiny fender.

Comment

Rode Suzie (GS850) to Cultus Lake today to load test a friend's battery and sort out some computer issues for him. It was glare ice from the Yarrow turn-off but didn't take photos as it seemed best to keep both hands on the heated grips.

Started up the steep hill after L'Auto Wreckers and a car came up, started to tailgate and then dropped back and stopped. It was only after I topped the hill that I realized he must have spun out on the ice. Putt, putt, putt and we made it up, then back. About 1 C on the Valley floor so several degress colder on the Lake road, about....26 - 30 F. Maybe we'll take the MG to son's soccer practice tonight as he whines when on the bike...maybe it's the shorts and sleeveless shirt?

Kids today have it so much easier with global warming and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X