No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my riding buddies were busy with other commitments to go for a ride so I went for a ride by myself. I like riding with friends but I really like taking a long ride by myself to be alone with my thoughts. I went out to Sooke I went over Humpback rd over to Sooke rd. It is a beautiful ride along the ocean. Sunny day about 15 degrees.
    This a pic taken at the Sooke potholes...

next one is at a place called Whiffin Spit Park in Sooke..

Last one I took after dinner I went out to bring back some ice cream, I took this on my way home, you can see Mt Baker (snow covered) in the middle over the Pacific. It's a little hard to see (phone camera) sorry. Very happy to live where I live!!
    No signature

Comment

No pics today, just took a nice 70+ mile trip today just to test out some new to me air shocks, was extremely windy, almost to the point it made it impossible to ride at anything above 45-50 without torture.

Comment

The morning commute going the long way through the state park on the GS450 rat bike was my ride today.....and a stop to "smell the pines"!

Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

After a 7 day work week, and finishing up with my recent move, I decided it was time to take my old bucket of bolts (Trophy Wife as referred by OldSkool) with the stale gas for a spin in the new hood.

I just had to take a pic of this town's name, "Taintsville," are you kidding me? remember that joke about "taint?" remember it's the area in-between.
          So, I'm wondering what this town is in-between? Not much.

Next, I ended up at this Wetland park. It's really a cool place, miles of bike trails and swampy lakes, but unless youre prepared to do alot of walking, take a bicycle. Thing about this park, there's a sign, which spells out what you can't do. I call these "No Nothing" signs, because there's not much of anything you can do there, legally that is.
          I'd like to fish it, trophy bass in those lakes, and they've never been fished. I know they're there!
          Anyway, I had the whole park to myself, guess no one else wanted to go there either because you can't do anything. I saw a gator, racoon, some hawks, sand cranes, and a gopher tortise during my short stop.

Like Christmas? Guess this town did, named the town for it, a little sleepy town off the the main road. It's Christmas all year round here! Even has a X-mass tree and navtivity display. Been there as long as I can remember, going back to the 60's. I just think it's weird, but this is old Florida, anything goes.

And now vestiges of the old south, the "Confederate Battle Flag," or as it was also known, "Southern Cross." Wonder what the story is behind the owner's desire to fly it? What does it stand for in his eyes? Southern Pride, Son of the South, Bigotry, KKK member? It's not unusual to see these here, and I do see them frequently, I ususually see them in front of run down housing, but wasn't the case here. You know you're in the "old south" when you see these.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Just a couple days ago I passed a lifted beat up old pickup with two confederate flags flying attached to his antennas. I wish I could have taken a picture of it. So white trashy.

Comment

I rode about 100 miles today in two stints. Beautiful NW day temperature in the 50's. Just a couple of short loops outside of town.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Just rode around town, I dont have much range since my stator is bad. The new one should be in today so I wont have a battery powered bike

Comment

Me and the boss. I had been sick all week and the weather had been crappy. I was on duty later so so we just went for a quick zip down to a couple of local parks.

Comment

Very nice.....the bike looks good too

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                      Very nice.....the bike looks good too
                      I knew you were not in this thread talking about riding today!....cold and wet allll day. I cleaned the garage up to get in "1100 mode" , thanks for those links.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                        I knew you were not in this thread talking about riding today!....cold and wet allll day. I cleaned the garage up to get in "1100 mode" , thanks for those links.
                        No prob, I'll help ya anyway I can, no riding, I stick to the better weather riding, plus I have my GrandDaughter today, looks to be so so the whole week, might actually get the Tempter back on the road by mid next week.

Comment

The old guys got together for a liitle ride out to Metchosin and then back roads up to Sooke. Great day and great twisty roads. 16 and sunny today. And hey Greg we saw you and Sheldon. How was your ride?
                          No signature

Comment

We where doing the same ride more or less.It was great.Wonderful day with a some great roads.Mr.Pics didn't bring his camera

Comment

Somewhere around 230km's today... Dayboro via some nice twisty local roads, then Mt Mee, Woodford, Kilcoy via Neurum Rd (horrible bumpy road that!), Somerset Dam, Mt Glorious, and home.

It was a pretty awesome ride with very little traffic out and about given it was a public holiday, and nowhere near as many bikes as I thought there would be.

The day was only marred by the constant cloud cover that made it a little chilly over Mt Mee but damn freezing over Mt Glorious. I had a thought that I should put the liner in my jacket this morning but didn't... I really should've! Had to stop at the cafe just to get a hot coffee into me to stop shivering!

Anyway, on with the pic's...

Rest stop on the back side of Mt Mee, and you can see the cloud cover everywhere, just a small patch of blue here and there:

Couldn't help but get some reasonable shots of the 450 given I gave it it's first ever wax the other day:

Woodford was very quiet, there's usually 4 times this many bikes up there... although I did have a good chat with a fellow on a very nice '79 KZ1000 which I wasn't able to get a photo of:

Continued...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I had to make a pit stop at the bottom of Mt Glorious, and the cloud cover continues:

Interesting place to advertise Ducati service, just at the spot where all the boy racers pull up after going down the mountain to turn around and go back up again:

No photos up at the Mt Glorious cafe even though there was a Velocette up there as it was just too damn cold and I didn't want to move other than drink the hot coffee... but I did collect some bugs today:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X