No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ride Pete, I always enjoy pictures of your bike and countryside, one day I'll have me a scrambler project.

Comment

Fixed some electrical gremlins and decided a short test ride was due, a mere 60 mile jaunt in the neighborhood, rode down by one of my favorite fishing holes, Spencer Lake.

Comment

Where is the pic of the buoys for the riding game?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
          Nice ride Pete, I always enjoy pictures of your bike and countryside, one day I'll have me a scrambler project.
          Thanks mate, I'm always happy to share... John was busy yesterday so couldn't join me and the couple of guys at work that have been keen to come out were busy yesterday as well, so it's nice to be able to share the ride on here at least

A scrambler project sounds good... a 450T with the wire wheels would actually be a slightly better starting platform I think...

Fixed some electrical gremlins and decided a short test ride was due, a mere 60 mile jaunt in the neighborhood, rode down by one of my favorite fishing holes, Spencer Lake.
          Nice! You scored some blue sky too! I had none at all yesterday and I live in "The Sunshine State"...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
            A scrambler project sounds good... a 450T with the wire wheels would actually be a slightly better starting platform I think...

Nice! You scored some blue sky too! I had none at all yesterday and I live in "The Sunshine State"...
            Rain today

I want to start with the biggest twin for my scrambler, or maybe convert a big single Savage into one.

Comment

Rain today

I want to start with the biggest twin for my scrambler, or maybe convert a big single Savage into one.
              Aaaah a big thumper... that would definitely be a goer! Belt drive single twin shock rear... could be just the ticket

Also, Big Rich has another GR650 he's made up as a dual sport although a little more dirt focussed... his build is over on Do The Ton though...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                Aaaah a big thumper... that would definitely be a goer! Belt drive single twin shock rear... could be just the ticket

Also, Big Rich has another GR650 he's made up as a dual sport although a little more dirt focussed... his build is over on Do The Ton though...
                I'd love to use a GR650 for the project, but finding another one, let alone that cheap again will be impossible.

Comment

I'd love to use a GR650 for the project, but finding another one, let alone that cheap again will be impossible.
                  Yes very true, they're not the most common bikes, especially over here!

sigpic

Comment

I went riding with a friend and took the freeway for the first time. It wasn't bad at all, the bike had plenty of power but you do get blown around a bit with no fairing. We got off after a couple miles and stopped for coffee before heading south to Gilroy. The roads coming from 152 to Watsonville are epic btw, perfectly smooth and fun to ride. I took it easy in the twisties but it was still fun. We eventually ended back up near Morgan Hill and had lunch downtown. I managed to get 43mpg and I wasn't exactly riding that conservatively.

Instagram pics

Comment

i was gonna take the 850 out today but my gixxerpunk kid said, "why don't ya take my 1000?" why not? so i took it and mostly kept it under 100.

while heading up the hill out of town i noticed something weird in the mirror. on the other side of the valley someone was having a bad day. scary.

i don't know what burned down yet. hopefully just an old barn, not something important.
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Well, the summer is coming, even in Finland
                        The sun is shining and temperature around 7 °C.

Comment

Not much of a ride, but did go the Blessing of Bikes in Holland (Holland Michigan).

THis view from center of the crowd of bikes. Stage is that white/yellow tent. And Just as many bikes behind me, and to the right, and to the left.
                          And a sea of black leather walking around.

Was a little bit of a bike show of mostly custom choppers.
                          And just a few stock UJMs.

I taked to this guy earlier. He said he has had it since new, and he watched them take it out of crate and assemble it. And he brought home the crate and all the packing, and still has it all.

Saw this and was wondering what it was. Maybe that Honda V-4 racing engine. Then I saw it being pushed to a trailer and lost interest.

Oh, and a story:

Came back on US-31 (divided highway, 2 lane each way, but not limited access, stop light every few miles). I caught up to this guy on Honda V-Twin, not a Shadow, so ... maybe VTX...? Anyway, loud custom exhaust, black leather, half helmet hanging by strap flapping around. At each light he takes off harder and harder and I keep right with him without really trying. I am thinking that a VTX is, what? 1800cc, and I have mild mannered 1100, an old 1100, that burns oil and doesnt seem to have the snap that an 1100 should. By now we are out of town, wide open country, and at this light we stop, and when we go he is really laying it on, lots of noise, I can tell he is really running it up in high rpm. I too runn it near redline and am banging the gears and keep right up with him, he is really banging the gears and running it up, I dont really catch up to him, just stay at about same place right behind and in other half of lane. I dont really know how fast we were going, but he lets off and I let off an the speedo rolls back down off the peg, after, ah, not too long. ANd we roll along at highway speed for a while. THen I realise I am still in 4th gear yet. After a while he slows abit and I roll up next to him. I wonder what he was thinking when he sees its an old bike.

I know, I should not be doing that.

Last edited by Redman; 04-29-2012, 04:45 PM. Reason: add story

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Out in the wilds of Avon, Indiana.

Same place on Christmas Day.
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
                              Out in the wilds of Avon, Indiana.

Same place on Christmas Day.
                              Nice GR650, a few more days and I may have my wifes bike ready to post on here.

Comment

old_skool, beautiful GR and country roads to ride on.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X