anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode up to the Tsawwassen swap meet.

I saw Trevor and his buddies bike, but didn't get to meet them. The parking lot was more exciting than the inside.

The way home
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      old_skool, beautiful GR and country roads to ride on.

Eric
      Thats not my bike

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
        Thats not my bike
        I thought that it was the GR that you have been working on.

Sorry.

Eric

Comment

nope, mines a metalic orange and it's a GR650...X

Comment

Here you go Eric, maiden voyage, rode about 15 miles today, first time since I bought it and dis-assembled the engine, a least I know I put it back together right...or close enough anyway.

I guess the other one is the same color.

Comment

After SEEING your beauty, I believe that I now MUST find one for myself to own.

Eric

Comment

After SEEING your beauty, I believe that I now MUST find one for myself to own.

Eric
                Thanks!
                One here in Columbus for sale, around $800 asking price.

Comment

Old_skool,

How sure are you about the X designation? Been trying to figure yours out since you posted. It has the mag wheels and the extra headlight (can't tell if it has the air adjustable forks from the pictures,) but the X was supposed to have a two-tone paint job.

Our bikes appear to be single color, but I've got the spokes, non-adjustable forks and no extra headlight bar.

I think the upgraded version, as yours appears to be-except for the paint, was the D model.

From Motorcycleclassics.com, "The Suzuki Tempter GR650-X was produced in two models, the budget “X” model pictured has traditional spoked wheels, a single color paint scheme and non-adjustable front forks, all out the door for $2,149. The upgraded “D” version got a two tone color paint scheme, magi style wheels and upgraded adjustable front air forks for $2,399. Cycle World’s test boasted, “For a little over 2 grand you can own a real, honest-to-gosh, full-size, brand-new undented motorcycle.” Today a low mileage model will run about $1,500 – and most well under that reasonable sum – if you can find them."

Comment

And, for 7981GS, a bit more temptation (but Old_skools' looks to be in better shape.)

Comment

YES! I went for my first long jaunt with the 550L since the R&R failed and fried everything that was on! Put about 60 miles on looking at the odometer. Seems to still have a weird fault if it idles for too long (5 minutes +) it will flood and stall out but keep moving and it will ride all day (thinking a minor stuck needle valve on the floats).

Loving this new Dyna S! May have have hit 11k RPM a couple of times but was surprised to see it pull deep to the red... But shifted at 9.5k almost all day and she ran like the little locomotive that could! Just an awesome little machine, Comfy as all hell! Also installed some heated hand grips! Made the day allot nicer ( I foresee a future of K&N Pods and a Dyno jet stage 3 jet kit)

Just back from the first long hassle free trip!
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 04-30-2012, 10:34 PM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

WTG!!!!!
                        How did you get those exhaust pipes to look so nice?

Eric

Comment

WTG!!!!!
                          How did you get those exhaust pipes to look so nice?

Eric
                          Elbow grease My friend LOL. The usual trick of Wire brush off all the rust then hit with ultra fine wet sand paper(wet of course), the some #7 polish compound , followed by Mother's chrome polish. Really brought the chrome back it was pretty dull...

Thanks a million 7981! She's running off your transplant harness
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by old rookie View Post
                            Old Skool,
                            I think the upgraded version, as yours appears to be-except for the paint, was the D model.
                            I think your right, I had it backwards thinking the X model was the upgraded version, As I got if from the second owner, who said the original owner never changed anything.

So I believe I stand corrected, GR650D

Comment

Busy morning, busy afternoon. Had some free time in between, went to the local ACOE lake, low speed toured all of the campgrounds around the whole thing, scouting the best spots. We have a local landmark named "the mile long bridge". It was a nice spot to grab a candy bar and a diet dew.

Comment

Short ride today to sort out some hanging idle issues.

First stop, just no-where in particular, out in the country, had to pull over to give loud_ET a quick call, we were going to go to a vintage bike show, but too much going on for me today and the rain was coming in quick.

Second stop, just a little park in Chatham Township, nice little lake. You can see the dark clouds starting to move in, coming your way Adam.

And finally, back home as the rain is starting to spit, gotta put the plates back on the 1100, stole them for the short ride, not registered yet

duplicate post from Tempter thread, like keeping this thread alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X